Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi everyone, greetings from Serbia, from a CX-30 owner.

I have noticed an issue with the locking function on the vehicle. I have set that the car locks automatically while driving, and unlocks when stationary (manual transmition), however, while the doors lock over 20 km/h, when the car stops, only front doors unlock, while back doors can not be opened ether from within the vehicle or from the outside, and remain locked. One must lock and unlock the car in order to have them unlocked again, or use the lock/unlock button on the drivers doors. Why is this happening and how to resolve this?

Also, I have noticed couple of times when unlocking the doors using the sensor of the advanced key-less entry that the fuel lid pops out when unlocking happens?! Why, how? Unlocking it is normal, but popping out?!

Really enjoying the car, have it in Machine Grey, with additional Sound/Style/Safety packs (that's how Mazda arranges trims and conducts sales it in Europe).
And this is my first Mazda, ever! :)

·
Registered
GT Sport, Deep Crystal Blue
58 Posts
The back doors probably stay locked as a safety feature to prevent unwanted opening by children. My current car is the same. The rear doors will not unlock until the lock/unlock switch is pushed.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
The back doors probably stay locked as a safety feature to prevent unwanted opening by children. My current car is the same. The rear doors will not unlock until the lock/unlock switch is pushed.
Thanks for the reply.

Personally, I find that strange since there is a child lock safety already available, and since all doors unlock if one selects to have the doors unlocked after the engine is turned off as an option.

I went to the dealer, and we tested another vehicle, and the result was the same, so it seems that that is how locks are to behave by design. Since this is a software operating thing, I really hope they will change the way unlocking occurs when "unlock when stationary" is selected, because this way it only makes people slam on both inside and outside door handles while trying to get out/in while vehicle is stationary, and forces the driver to unlock all doors in order for the passenger(s) to be able to use back door(s) only. Unlocking when stationary should really work in that way so that only the doors that are being opened unlock, while other doors remain locked.

Or is my logic false?

Regarding the fuel lid, we managed to reproduce the lid popping out. Seems it happens when one tries to open the locked lid. Lock then, as soon as unlocking occurs, pops the lid out, presuming you wanted to refill the gas and tried to open, but the lid was locked. I find this as a reasonable feature, it was just strange when I first saw that happened (and couple of times later too) because neither I, nor anyone from my family tried to open the lid previously. Seems like someone was walking along the parked vehicle and wanted to play a bit with it. :cautious:

·
Registered
GT Sport, Deep Crystal Blue
58 Posts
If you set the mechanical child locks to on then you can only open the rear doors from the outside. Even if the car is stopped and doors are unlocked. Not sure about the fuel panel, but from what you describe the rest of the system seems to be working ok.

·
Registered
2020 Mazda CX-30 GT AWD - Soul Red Crystal
134 Posts
Hi everyone, greetings from Serbia, from a CX-30 owner.

I have noticed an issue with the locking function on the vehicle. I have set that the car locks automatically while driving, and unlocks when stationary (manual transmition), however, while the doors lock over 20 km/h, when the car stops, only front doors unlock, while back doors can not be opened ether from within the vehicle or from the outside, and remain locked. One must lock and unlock the car in order to have them unlocked again, or use the lock/unlock button on the drivers doors. Why is this happening and how to resolve this?

Also, I have noticed couple of times when unlocking the doors using the sensor of the advanced key-less entry that the fuel lid pops out when unlocking happens?! Why, how? Unlocking it is normal, but popping out?!

Really enjoying the car, have it in Machine Grey, with additional Sound/Style/Safety packs (that's how Mazda arranges trims and conducts sales it in Europe).
And this is my first Mazda, ever! :)
Go into SETTINGS on the infotainment screen and change it to once: ALL DOORS UNLOCK

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Go into SETTINGS on the infotainment screen and change it to once: ALL DOORS UNLOCK

View attachment 815
Hello and thank you for replying.

The issue I am referring to is about unlocking rear doors when "locked while driving" is selected in the infotainment settings, not regarding the keyless entry. Once I use the sensor on the driver's doors, all doors unlock, that is not an issue.

·
Registered
2020 Mazda CX-30 GT AWD - Soul Red Crystal
134 Posts
Hello and thank you for replying.

The issue I am referring to is about unlocking rear doors when "locked while driving" is selected in the infotainment settings, not regarding the keyless entry. Once I use the sensor on the driver's doors, all doors unlock, that is not an issue.

I find it unusual that the back doors remain locked.
I used unlock all on the keyless settings and all doors unlock when I am in park.

Are child locks maybe engaged?

Hope you get this sorted out.

Cheers

1 - 9 of 9 Posts