Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Mazda CX-30 Select
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just left the dealership and ended up leasing a 2021 select package CX-30. This is the first car I have gotten all on my own and is my first Mazda! Unfortunately they didn't have a color I liked on the lot but I test drove one anyway and ended up loving the car and making a deal on a dark grey one that they are getting delivered at the end of the week. I really love the car in the dark grey color (I saw it on a CX-5 the had on the lot) but I'm not a huge fan of chrome accents and wheels. Is there a non-destructive way to chrome delete so I can bring it back after my lease looking the same? and is it worth it to get black rims? if so what rims should I look into?

Curious to see what you guys think!

·
Registered
G25 Touring - 2020 - Soul Red Crystal Metallic
114 Posts
I'm probably a very tiny minority here. But unless it was done by the Mazda designers/factory I say don't tinker with it, unless there is some practical use for the modification (tinted windows, roof racks, dash cams).

I know you're excited about the car. But after a while that will fade and you will forget about doing this and that to it. Don't waste your time and money on devaluing the car. Just enjoy it for what it is.

Ask a woman in your life, would they dare take a brand new Chanel hand bag and start colouring the Gold logos, chains and accents in Black like some sort of a school arts craft project?

Just enjoy the car in its natural beauty.

·
Registered
Current Mazdas: 15 Mazda3, 16 Mazda2, 19 Mazda3 and 3 prior Mazdas
113 Posts
I would not make any changes to a leased car. It could cost you a fortune to get it back to stock at the end of the lease.

The option to consider is PlastiDip. Look at a few YouTube videos. I painted red stripes on my MINI one year, pulled it off and went with gray the next. They say you can PlastiDip wheels but I don’t see how that works. The best price I found for PlastiDip was at either Lowe’s or Home Depot.

·
Premium Member
466 Posts
I just left the dealership and ended up leasing a 2021 select package CX-30. This is the first car I have gotten all on my own and is my first Mazda! Unfortunately they didn't have a color I liked on the lot but I test drove one anyway and ended up loving the car and making a deal on a dark grey one that they are getting delivered at the end of the week. I really love the car in the dark grey color (I saw it on a CX-5 the had on the lot) but I'm not a huge fan of chrome accents and wheels. Is there a non-destructive way to chrome delete so I can bring it back after my lease looking the same? and is it worth it to get black rims? if so what rims should I look into?

Curious to see what you guys think!
There are covers or vinyl wrap that are non-permanent for the front bumper. The window trim can be vinyl wrapped, and the emblems on the rear could be PlastiDipped.
You are likely looking at a minimum of $200 (maybe a bit less) each corner for wheels and remounting the OE tires.

·
Registered
Current Mazdas: 15 Mazda3, 16 Mazda2, 19 Mazda3 and 3 prior Mazdas
113 Posts
I'm probably a very tiny minority here. But unless it was done by the Mazda designers/factory I say don't tinker with it, unless there is some practical use for the modification (tinted windows, roof racks, dash cams).

I know you're excited about the car. But after a while that will fade and you will forget about doing this and that to it. Don't waste your time and money on devaluing the car. Just enjoy it for what it is.

Ask a woman in your life, would they dare take a brand new Chanel hand bag and start colouring the Gold logos, chains and accents in Black like some sort of a school arts craft project?

Just enjoy the car in its natural beauty.
I agree with you 100% for a car you purchase and even more so for a leased car.

Modifications to improve a vehicle’s performance is the most risky. It assumes you know more than the engineers who optimized the car’s performance, economy and reliability. That said, I will be upgrading the tires on my Mazda when I get back to regular driving.

·
Registered
2021 Mazda CX-30 Skyactiv-X MHEV GT Sport Auto Machine Grey
65 Posts
If it were me I would leave a leased car well alone on the modifications front. I prefer cars stock as a rule and am not into performance mods etc but each to his or her own on that front of course (if you own it that is).

·
Registered
2021 Turbo
47 Posts
Definitely black out the chrome if that floats your boat - it looks absolutely awesome, and by using vinyl or plastidip, it's so easy to bring back to stock. I almost went that route with my wife's new CX 30, but chrome wheels compelled us to leave the chrome untouched.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.