Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
AWD 2020 GT CX-30 ceramic coated
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
cv0oiRp.jpg
Hey everyone, I have been on a search for this oil and my Canadian dealership doesn't have it and uses Petro Canada 0w20 oil which I don't know allot about and will be getting a used oil sample from my CX 30 and sending it to be tested so I know the Tbn etc during the maintenance schedule to see how well it's holding up. Yah you could say I'm obsessed with vehicle maintenance and such but I really want to use this oil as it's in the owners manual.

·
Registered
2020 Mazda CX30 Soul Red Select AWD
128 Posts

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Okay. The company Idemitsu that manufactures the Mazda oil no longer makes the moly GF 5 version. They have moved on to a GF 6 0w-20 without Moly. If you are willing to spend 70 US you can find an oil change kit on Amazon.

Only 18 kits left... I have used there kit 3 times now and its perfect.

Thank you for replying with the great info , I'm not so sold on the Petro Canada stuff my dealership uses and so since Castrol is listed as well in the owners manual I picked some 0w20 Castrol up for now .

·
Registered
128 Posts
Thank you for replying with the great info , I'm not so sold on the Petro Canada stuff my dealership uses and so since Castrol is listed as well in the owners manual I picked some 0w20 Castrol up for now .
I am thinking on my next oil change of using 0w 20 Liqui Moly... I do notice a notable smoother idle with the Mazda oil. I used Castrol 0w 20 on my first change. Changed it after 5,000 miles and it was much smoother. Not just a placebo.. I was not expecting any change what so ever.

Your car is a lease so I would not worry about what oil you use. That is unless you plan to buy out the lease. But I know you are waiting to upgrade to the Turbo...

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am thinking on my next oil change of using 0w 20 Liqui Moly... I do notice a notable smoother idle with the Mazda oil. I used Castrol 0w 20 on my first change. Changed it after 5,000 miles and it was much smoother. Not just a placebo.. I was not expecting any change what so ever.

Your car is a lease so I would not worry about what oil you use. That is unless you plan to buy out the lease. But I know you are waiting to upgrade to the Turbo...
Good to know Castrol runs better..yah I know I shouldn't worry about it but I want to get the most out of the engine with max fuel mileage and that's why I want to use what they recommend and not use whatever the Petro Canada stuff is the dealership uses and me being obsessed with vehicle maintenance lol . I for sure will upgrading to the turbo and night keep that one and will but my own oil again for the dealership to use as I'm not confident in the Petro Canada synthetic stuff. Thx so much for the info tho 😃 very helpful!

·
Registered
128 Posts
Good to know Castrol runs better..yah I know I shouldn't worry about it but I want to get the most out of the engine with max fuel mileage and that's why I want to use what they recommend and not use whatever the Petro Canada stuff is the dealership uses and me being obsessed with vehicle maintenance lol . I for sure will upgrading to the turbo and night keep that one and will but my own oil again for the dealership to use as I'm not confident in the Petro Canada synthetic stuff. Thx so much for the info tho 😃 very helpful!
I was saying that it ran smoother with the Mazda oil then it did with the Castrol...

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I found it !! I called this dealership Mazda Synthetic Engine Oil (0W20) which is not that far away and I called them and spoke to a parts guy and he was baffled as to why my dealership is useing a aftermarket oil and they do in fact carry the Genuine Mazda 0w20 Oil and i can order it from them and so I am going to! They are not to far away from me so shipping shouldn't cost me to much. check it out @asdowntown

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm curious. Why would you use oil with moly, beyond the initial break in period?

The oil linked is not the same as the one in the OP; Mazda Synthetic Engine Oil (0W20)
Hmm and well I want to use it because of its high firction reduction properties as I tent to be a bit of a spirited driver keep in mind and as well not having a block heater in temps as low as -38 below Zero. Also the moly aids in better fuel economy and overall I mean that's what th engine was meant to use that's all 😃 also a little obsessed with vehicle maintenance 😜. Iv worked behind that's service counter and worked in parts department and I am very detailed focused.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
This is the oil Mazda recommends in their Skyactive engines. Correct that is not the Molly version. Double check Detailcarguy
I thought that it was not the molly version.. tho Now i am curious to know who makes this 0w20 mazda oil? Tho not molly curious to know who makes it? In months to come I guess i could say I am using this cx-30 as a test point as its leased and will be collecting used oil samples and seeing the TBN etc... I am going to run the current oil in it that my dealership used which is the petro canada 0w20 synthetic and after Will be trying the castrol Edge that i got on sale from work and finally the mazda 0w20 and will compare test results all following the maintenance monitor on automatic as per dealership set @asdowntown I guess you could say I have a curiosity and so will let lab tests show how much each oil deteriorates.
This way If i plan to keep my next cx-30 being the turbo.. I will know which 3 oils is good to use .

1 - 14 of 14 Posts