Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Mazda CX-30 Deep Crystal Blue Mica - Premium
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've recently been noticing a loud buzzing noise almost like a mini window motor of sorts acting up near the front left driver side headlight. It doesn't matter if the car is completely running or just in accessory mode it's still there and doesn't seem to die down with time or if the car is freshly started.. anyone have any ideas of what it could be I only have 10,000 miles on the car 😔

·
Registered
2020 Mazda CX30 Soul Red Select AWD
133 Posts
I have this exact loud buzzing electrical noise... However mine is coming from the Passenger side headlight area. I have read on many Mazda Fourms and it seems to be normal. I am closing in on 19,000 miles and the sound started in the winter around 10,000. I do know this sound is "Normal" however my 2018 Mazda 3 never had such a sound even with the same engine. It is interesting that yours is on the opposite side of the vehicle leading me to believe it may be something to do with the LED auto leveling Lights. If you are really concerned just take it to the dealer. Please let me know what they say if you do so.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have this exact loud buzzing electrical noise... However mine is coming from the Passenger side headlight area. I have read on many Mazda Fourms and it seems to be normal. I am closing in on 19,000 miles and the sound started in the winter around 10,000. I do know this sound is "Normal" however my 2018 Mazda 3 never had such a sound even with the same engine. It is interesting that yours is on the opposite side of the vehicle leading me to believe it may be something to do with the LED auto leveling Lights. If you are really concerned just take it to the dealer. Please let me know what they say if you do so.
Very intriguing indeed though not quite sure how it could be normal and it doesn't sound good for $30,000 car to make that noise lol. Though it's still hot covid in my area so I'm not sure when I can get to a dealer but when I do I'll keep you updated.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I am getting my second shot soon and will be making an appointment for the recalls in early May... Will let you know what they say. Check out the video in the 5th post.. Same sound correct?

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am getting my second shot soon and will be making an appointment for the recalls in early May... Will let you know what they say. Check out the video in the 5th post.. Same sound correct?

Goood luck on your shots & keep us all updated❤ and unfortunately no that is not the noise I'm trying to post a video of mine that I just uploaded on YouTube for comparison. Mine is more of a low growl grinding noise.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Also the video I just posted is without the engine running so there's no extra noise just the vehicle on accessory mode & the headlights on

·
Registered
133 Posts
That is the same sound that I have!!! I will have it looked at in Early May... I am assuming they will just replace the Head Light assembly under warranty. I can't complain the car has been perfect for the first almost 20,000 miles. I was expecting many more issues being one of the first build's of a completely new design .

·
Registered
133 Posts
Interesting I think I found the issue is the Head light leveling motor. Check out the sound this Honda is making...

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Interesting I think I found the issue is the Head light leveling motor. Check out the sound this Honda is making...
Well at least we have each other and we will be able to get through this together ❤❤. And yep I just watched that same exact video 😅 I completely agree. Expressly since the second I turn off the headlights the noise goes away.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well at least we have each other and we will be able to get through this together ❤❤. And yep I just watched that same exact video 😅 I completely agree. Expressly since the second I turn off the headlights the noise goes away.
I was able to set up an appointment to have the car looked at on Friday for the noise they also are going to be doing three open recalls for my vehicle. One for the speakers, another one for a battery control module and I believe the third was for the hatch falling down. None of those three recalls have experienced issues with but might as well have them done just in case.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I will be dropping off the car tonight and they will be giving me a loaner so they can look at it tomorrow. As promised I'll keep you all updated. Hopefully there may be some preliminary findings when I drop it off tonight🤞🤞

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I will be dropping off the car tonight and they will be giving me a loaner so they can look at it tomorrow. As promised I'll keep you all updated. Hopefully there may be some preliminary findings when I drop it off tonight🤞🤞
Dropped off the car and have some preliminary results which aren't much actually at all 😆 the service provider and the service tech witnessed the anomaly with the headlight and say that they have never seen or heard anything like that🤔🤔 and will have to do more research to try to find the cause. They were quite perplexed lol.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Dropped off the car and have some preliminary results which aren't much actually at all 😆 the service provider and the service tech witnessed the anomaly with the headlight and say that they have never seen or heard anything like that🤔🤔 and will have to do more research to try to find the cause. They were quite perplexed lol.
We know what it is though haha... Thanks for the update!

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
We know what it is though haha... Thanks for the update!
Haha I know we do...little do they know 😆 To bad if you are not a mechanic the mechanic blows off your theroy even though it's true lol.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Haha I know we do...little do they know 😆 To bad if you are not a mechanic the mechanic blows off your theroy even though it's true lol.
Just got an update from the dealer they have to order a whole new headlight they didn't acknowledge the fact that it was the leveling motor or similar . claimed it's something else inside the headlight that's making the noise.. The new headlights should be in Tuesday I'll try to get as much information I can when I actually pick up the vehicle.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Just got an update from the dealer they have to order a whole new headlight they didn't acknowledge the fact that it was the leveling motor or similar . claimed it's something else inside the headlight that's making the noise.. The new headlights should be in Tuesday I'll try to get as much information I can when I actually pick up the vehicle.
Something interesting I noticed last night... I had the car in accessory mode and turned the headlights off and the sound was still present. This might not have to do with the headlight after all. Please let me know if the replacement headlight fixes the sound. Good luck!!!

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Something interesting I noticed last night... I had the car in accessory mode and turned the headlights off and the sound was still present. This might not have to do with the headlight after all. Please let me know if the replacement headlight fixes the sound. Good luck!!!
Holy moly 😦 I sure hope it does! Thank you for the well wishes ♥♥ and you're astonishing find. The replacement headlight should come in Tuesday. I have the loaner until all the work is done so I can't compare right now to what you said. Best of luck to you as well 🤓

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 Select AWD
99 Posts
Nope no updates as of yet, the car still in the shop and I still have the loner. I'm going to give them a call tomorrow.
Yeah, it will probably take sometime for the shipment to get to your dealer, depending if it is coming from Mexico or if they are already stocked in the US.

When I was thinking about what vehicle to buy, one of the prerequisites was that it be as simple as possible. That meant no turbo (additional complexity), no VVT or some other advanced transmission (too many complaints, I'd get a manual if it was offered), no sunroof (can leak or shatter as it happened to a couple of my friends cars) and as little tech as possible aside from driver assist. From time to time I start to think that, hey - all of those things add to connivance. Maybe I should have gotten a higher trim model. But then I read post like yours and it reaffirms my decision.

I hope they fix your problem soon and you don't experience it again. Yet your post also made my day, in a way. Thanks for sharing =)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts