Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
-Bought my CX-30 GT AWD Turbo on Feb 23 2021. While the weather was colder I only got the "battery low/start vehicle" warning a couple of times. But from May till now I got that warning more often and couldn't seem to open any hatch or door for more than one minute. In my case the car sits for a couple of days and when I drive it it's not very far. It has been sitting in 18 Degree Cel underground parkade since March. I do not leave doors open, nor listen to music and I turn off the dash cam when I park it in the parkade.
-This past Friday the 2nd July it wouldn't start and no lights either. It was unlocked which I found odd. I set the alarm as a routine. I placed the booster pack on it and the lights work but it still won't start. No grunt, no clicking...nothing. The instrument panel says; "Push button start malfunction". The lights on the dash and exterior lights work but it will not start.
-I called up Roadside Assistance who also couldn't get it going. This thing has just over 3,000 kms on it, as a routine I love the way it drives so I generally drive it around a bit before parking it and the three of us are pushing it out of the parkade so it could be towed to my local Mazda dealer. I'm not pissed...but I expected more from a new vehicle for paying $37,000. (This is my very first NEW vehicle). To add to my troubles I wasn't offered a rental nor a loaner so I've been inconvenienced and stranded since Friday. No grocery shopping for me. I finally got call today...Sunday from the sales fella...not the service manager and there is no loaner but my car will get looked at on Monday.
-I can't believe that a key fob has caused all of this trouble. I can't believe that the designers of this thing thought to give it oodles of power, oodles of technology but such a tiny gas tank and a shitty battery. 420 kms to 1/8 of a tank max no matter what grade of gas I put in it. I cannot believe that this 2021 with only 3,000 kms has let me down at this early stage of owning it.
-So...moving forward my plan is to put one of the two fobs to sleep and into a Faraday pouch or remove the battery till I need it, I have one on order off Amazon. The second Faraday pouch with keep the fob I normally use in a dormant state till it's needed. When I get the car back I'm off to Canadian Tire to get a heavy duty booster pack that will stay in the trunk...maybe a "battery tender" as well. (This is a new car and already a pain in my ass).
-Also on Monday I'll be visiting my local Hyundai to check out a 2022 Tucson Hybrid to replace this CX-30. So far my local dealer has; scratched one of my black rims at 150 kms and didn't order a new one when the service manager said that he would, scratched the other three rims at 2,430 kms prompting me to force them to repaint all 4 rims, and now that the car was towed to them I was not even asked if I needed a rental or a loaner off of their car lot. So my service dog and I have been stranded this weekend.
...Trust me...this CX-30 will be replaced by the end of this month. This car is not for me and between it's quirks and my dealer's lack of service...I'll be moving on!

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 Preferred
44 Posts
-Bought my CX-30 GT AWD Turbo on Feb 23 2021. While the weather was colder I only got the "battery low/start vehicle" warning a couple of times. But from May till now I got that warning more often and couldn't seem to open any hatch or door for more than one minute. In my case the car sits for a couple of days and when I drive it it's not very far. It has been sitting in 18 Degree Cel underground parkade since March. I do not leave doors open, nor listen to music and I turn off the dash cam when I park it in the parkade.
-This past Friday the 2nd July it wouldn't start and no lights either. It was unlocked which I found odd. I set the alarm as a routine. I placed the booster pack on it and the lights work but it still won't start. No grunt, no clicking...nothing. The instrument panel says; "Push button start malfunction". The lights on the dash and exterior lights work but it will not start.
-I called up Roadside Assistance who also couldn't get it going. This thing has just over 3,000 kms on it, as a routine I love the way it drives so I generally drive it around a bit before parking it and the three of us are pushing it out of the parkade so it could be towed to my local Mazda dealer. I'm not pissed...but I expected more from a new vehicle for paying $37,000. (This is my very first NEW vehicle). To add to my troubles I wasn't offered a rental nor a loaner so I've been inconvenienced and stranded since Friday. No grocery shopping for me. I finally got call today...Sunday from the sales fella...not the service manager and there is no loaner but my car will get looked at on Monday.
-I can't believe that a key fob has caused all of this trouble. I can't believe that the designers of this thing thought to give it oodles of power, oodles of technology but such a tiny gas tank and a shitty battery. 420 kms to 1/8 of a tank max no matter what grade of gas I put in it. I cannot believe that this 2021 with only 3,000 kms has let me down at this early stage of owning it.
-So...moving forward my plan is to put one of the two fobs to sleep and into a Faraday pouch or remove the battery till I need it, I have one on order off Amazon. The second Faraday pouch with keep the fob I normally use in a dormant state till it's needed. When I get the car back I'm off to Canadian Tire to get a heavy duty booster pack that will stay in the trunk...maybe a "battery tender" as well. (This is a new car and already a pain in my ass).
-Also on Monday I'll be visiting my local Hyundai to check out a 2022 Tucson Hybrid to replace this CX-30. So far my local dealer has; scratched one of my black rims at 150 kms and didn't order a new one when the service manager said that he would, scratched the other three rims at 2,430 kms prompting me to force them to repaint all 4 rims, and now that the car was towed to them I was not even asked if I needed a rental or a loaner off of their car lot. So my service dog and I have been stranded this weekend.
...Trust me...this CX-30 will be replaced by the end of this month. This car is not for me and between it's quirks and my dealer's lack of service...I'll be moving on!
That is a shame, but good luck with your next vehicle. You didn't outright say this, but were you storing the 2nd key fob in or near the vehicle? If so it wauld be constantly waking the car. (if I understand how those things work)

·
Registered
2021 Turbo
47 Posts
Okay, this definitely piques my interest.

My wife's prior CX 3 needed a replacement battery just months before we traded it in for the CX 30, and even the replacement went flat after the car sat for 5 days in spring temps.

But that's not the main concern. Last week when installing the dashcam and having the relevant doors open to run the wiring, I recieved a warning that the battery was low and I needed to start the car (don't remember exactly what was messaged - sorry), but I was like, what the hell?

However, I do like the car enough that I will pay out of pocket for the largest cca battery that will fit when necessary, and keep the jumper pack in the car at all times.

Good luck with your mission!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.