Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

81 - 90 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
21 cx30 premium awd
40 Posts
I agree with many comments here. The low battery alert with its annoying loud chime is a pita and unnecessary for most folks, I checked my battery and it is at 100% charge but even when i open the door or hatch (oddly not rear doors) the damn chime / alert goes off for seemingly 2 hours , tho i know it is far, far less than that…,just SO annoying. Imo, the only time this alert should go off is IF the battery is low enough that there is a possibility of the vehicle not starting,,,,not just cuz a door is open or radio is on. I wish this could be either A. Turned off permanently, or B. The chime sound disabled so i do not have to listen to it every time i enter the vehicle.

·
Registered
21 cx30 premium awd
40 Posts
This is a new firmware update by Mazda to warn that the battery is low and need to switch the ignition on to prevent a dead battery. When this alarm pops up, there is nothing to worry about and no need to call Mazda or bring the car to the center; all you need to do is turn the ignition on immediately and drive the car for long-distance (recommended is around 100 km according to Mazda) to fully charge the battery. Hence, the alarm will disappear and your car will be back to normal.

To prevent this alarm, do not use radio, light, air-con, etc. while in accessory mode. Turn the ignition on if you really want to use the radio.
I disagree. Your example is not always the case nor the answer My battery is 100% charged and i still get the alert/chime The minute i open a door or hatch.

·
Registered
2021 Mazda Turbo Premium Plus
11 Posts
This has stopped happening for me. I also have a dashcam installed now with a parking option that I leave on for days and no battery alarm. Very strange.

·
Registered
21 cx30 premium awd
40 Posts
This has stopped happening for me. I also have a dashcam installed now with a parking option that I leave on for days and no battery alarm. Very strange.
I contacted my dealer this AM and am waiting for a call back. He said he will research it. We will see What we see.

·
Administrator
2020 CX-30 Skyactiv-X MHEV GT Sport Tech
574 Posts
Whats a "parking option" ?
Parking Option is where the dashcam is still active when the car is parked and switched off, thereby catching damage to the vehicle when it is parked

·
Registered
2021 Mazda CX-30 Skyactiv-X MHEV GT Sport Auto Machine Grey
11 Posts
It is possible, I guess, that you have a dash cam with a rechargeable battery specifically for use with the parking option. I think (but haven't checked for sure) that is what I have when the dealer fitted a dash cam for me before I took delivery. having a battery means of course that the dash cam doesn't have to be wired into an always live circuit to use the parking option. That being so I assume that it would have little or no effect on the irritating low battery alarm issue. Just a thought. If you have it wired to an always live circuit then I agree that it is very odd that it doesn't set off the over sensitive alarm.

·
Registered
2021 Mazda CX30 FWD 2.0L Auto
4 Posts
Hi all, my new CX30 (G20 Evolve in Australia) had the same issue since day one and after driving 94km the car kept on asking to start the engine for battery discharge protection. This looked very weird, since from my experience with other cars, 20km drive should be enough to have battery recharged at least 10-15% to stop this kind of warning on battery discharge.
I disabled the Mazda Radar Cruise Control (MRCC), lane departure warning (LDW), lane-keep assist system (LAS), driver attention alert and auto rain sensing wiper (this was not the accomplice though). All other features i.e. forward collision warning, blind spot monitoring, parking sensors remained active, and the car stopped the battery discharge warning drama. I have not driven much after changing those settings and still the car never flagged that warning since then.
What I know now is this quick discharge of battery is caused by one or more of MRCC, LDW and LAS, which keep on drawing on battery power even when the car is parked – obviously a software glitch. It makes no sense why these sensors would still remain active when the car is parked. Also the amount of power these systems consume appears to be more than reasonable if I compare with other cars having similar technologies. So I hope Mazda will bring on update of software in the future.

·
Premium Member
2021, CX-30 Grand Touring FWD Dark Gray
49 Posts
Hello Mazda man--Thank you for this quite interesting update. I am always thinking it is a bug causing all our troubles. It is just hard to find bugs when they are not there all the time. The point that bothers me the most is the "notice" that says: start your engine to charge the battery--that, I think is ridiculous. Sad thing is: I do what is asking me--because I am afraid to kill my battery, unwittingly.
"It makes no sense why these sensors would still remain active (and thus killing the battery) when the car is parked." Or not moving.

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 2.5S Crystal Blue Mica
79 Posts
Hello Mazda man--Thank you for this quite interesting update. I am always thinking it is a bug causing all our troubles. It is just hard to find bugs when they are not there all the time. The point that bothers me the most is the "notice" that says: start your engine to charge the battery--that, I think is ridiculous. Sad thing is: I do what is asking me--because I am afraid to kill my battery, unwittingly.
"It makes no sense why these sensors would still remain active (and thus killing the battery) when the car is parked." Or not moving.
All their 'start the car warnings" drain the battery more

81 - 90 of 90 Posts