1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

The PDF manual I downloaded says the CX-30 does have this feature*
*Some models.

Mine is the top spec GT Sport Tech, so surely this should have it if any do.
It ran dry yesterday though, without any warning at all. I’d deliberately not been checking it, just to see if any warning did come up.

Does anyone else have any further info on this?

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 GS FWD, Snowflake White
543 Posts
can't help you with UK model as it's a standard feature on all Canadian models, however I have not run out of fluid in order to prove it works. It is a very large container as shown in the cut-away of a repair. Are you sure it was dry and not some sort of blockage - perhaps your weather got colder and the right washer-anti-freeze mix was not in it.
From the photo it maybe accessible from below after removing the floor panel, however contact your dealer, perhaps a contact connection has come off as this is warranty if there is a problem.

·
Registered
GT Sport, Deep Crystal Blue
82 Posts
I have the GT Sport and there is no indication when the tank is empty.

·
Registered
543 Posts
this is your warning light indicator

·
Registered
Mazda CX30 GT Sport Tech Skyactive X Auto
42 Posts
I do not believe the warning is available on the UK model and after looking closely, I cannot see any electrical wiring on the unit which would relate to the water level being low

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have just discovered this on my Uk GT Sports Tech, driving along and decide windscreen needs a quick clean and nothing but the wipers smearing the glass. Really surprised this is not included as our winters whilst not severe as some does mean dirty windows.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have just discovered this on my Uk GT Sports Tech, driving along and decide windscreen needs a quick clean and nothing but the wipers smearing the glass. Really surprised this is not included as our winters whilst not severe as some does mean dirty windows.
Not done your routine owner's checks then?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Usually do, just in this day and age, expected some sort of indication on the dash, as virtually every previous car I’ve had in the last few years had it. Also only got the car not that long ago, and didn’t think I had used the washers all that much. Now I’m aware will have to keep an eye on it

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just out of interest, do those countries that are considered worthy (or lazy) enough to be given the dashboard warning also have a dipstick in the washer tank?
Or is it one-or-the-other?

·
Registered
Mazda CX30 GT Sport Tech Skyactive X Auto
42 Posts
No need for sarcastic comments like that on forums, especially when you expect a warning light to come on when such things are shown and mentioned in the user manual. In fact this and my previous CX5 are the first cars I have had without such a facility since the early 1980's, and I am talking about fifteen or so cars that my company provided. Some were pretty basis models and fitted with the warning lamp.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Just out of interest, do those countries that are considered worthy (or lazy) enough to be given the dashboard warning also have a dipstick in the washer tank?
Or is it one-or-the-other?
I have the warning light and also the dipstick gauge :D

Reactions: Glencraig

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just solved this problem on my CX-7. In keeping with Mazda's long-standing tradition of making infuriatingly stupid decisions, they have made the low washer fluid warning light OPTIONAL in order to save $5 on a vehicle that retails for $42,000. If the first owner of the car opted for the big tank, it holds more than a gallon of washer fluid and HAS a low level warning light. If you opted for the small tank, it holds less than half a gallon and DOES NOT have a warning light, even though the actual LED indicator is present in the dashboard, it does not function. I was surprised at this, because I have the Grant Touring S model, top trim and otherwise fully equipped. That is beyond stupid, as this is my winter vehicle and washer fluid is a safety issue when there's salt spray all over the road. I had the dealership install the big tank and wire in the sensor, now the light works, no thanks to the stupid engineers who made it an optional feature.

·
Registered
CX-30 G122 AT Comfort Machine Grey
73 Posts
Blame the sales & marketing and finance departments who decide what each market is getting at what price point, not the engineers. If it was up to a engineer, I am sure he/she would each and every car to get all the neat stuff they have available with the biggest engine they develop.

·
Registered
AWD GT CX-30 ceramic coated
523 Posts
Just had my warning come on yesterday and stopped to grab two jugs.. it used the first jug up completely a 3.78 litre one.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts