Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

Low Washer Fluid Level Warning Indication/Warning Light*

11K views 17 replies 13 participants last post by  pentodi 
#1 ·
Hi,

The PDF manual I downloaded says the CX-30 does have this feature*
*Some models.

Mine is the top spec GT Sport Tech, so surely this should have it if any do.
It ran dry yesterday though, without any warning at all. I’d deliberately not been checking it, just to see if any warning did come up.

Does anyone else have any further info on this?

#2 ·
can't help you with UK model as it's a standard feature on all Canadian models, however I have not run out of fluid in order to prove it works. It is a very large container as shown in the cut-away of a repair. Are you sure it was dry and not some sort of blockage - perhaps your weather got colder and the right washer-anti-freeze mix was not in it.
From the photo it maybe accessible from below after removing the floor panel, however contact your dealer, perhaps a contact connection has come off as this is warranty if there is a problem.

#4 ·
this is your warning light indicator

#11 ·
Just out of interest, do those countries that are considered worthy (or lazy) enough to be given the dashboard warning also have a dipstick in the washer tank?
Or is it one-or-the-other?
I have the warning light and also the dipstick gauge :D

#12 ·
I just solved this problem on my CX-7. In keeping with Mazda's long-standing tradition of making infuriatingly stupid decisions, they have made the low washer fluid warning light OPTIONAL in order to save $5 on a vehicle that retails for $42,000. If the first owner of the car opted for the big tank, it holds more than a gallon of washer fluid and HAS a low level warning light. If you opted for the small tank, it holds less than half a gallon and DOES NOT have a warning light, even though the actual LED indicator is present in the dashboard, it does not function. I was surprised at this, because I have the Grant Touring S model, top trim and otherwise fully equipped. That is beyond stupid, as this is my winter vehicle and washer fluid is a safety issue when there's salt spray all over the road. I had the dealership install the big tank and wire in the sensor, now the light works, no thanks to the stupid engineers who made it an optional feature.

#13 ·
Blame the sales & marketing and finance departments who decide what each market is getting at what price point, not the engineers. If it was up to a engineer, I am sure he/she would each and every car to get all the neat stuff they have available with the biggest engine they develop.

#15 ·
Sorry to revive an old thread...

Mine is the top spec GT Sport Tech, so surely this should have it if any do.
It ran dry yesterday though, without any warning at all. I’d deliberately not been checking it, just to see if any warning did come up.
I have the GT Sport and there is no indication when the tank is empty.
Same here, I had the same issue on a murky night drive yesterday with lots of salt on the roads, I ended up running out of washer fluid with no warning and the windscreen/rear screen quickly got covered in salty smears restricting visibility. It does seem that UK models don't get the larger washer fluid reservoir which has the sensor and wiring for the dash light. One of the reasons I joined this forum was to see if my car was faulty or not!

This omission is a bit short-sighted by Mazda and has significant safety implications... Guess I'm going to have to check the dipstick regularly instead!

#17 ·
Mazda has a habit of being very odd with what features they give and take depending on the country (just like how the US top trim has the 360 camera unlike Canada but they lack the heated steering wheel as a tradeoff). I can report that Canadian 2020 and 2021 models have the electronic indicator. I cannot confirm for 2022 models.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.