Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Mazda CX-30 Deep Crystal Blue Mica - Premium
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed online that some pictures of the Mazda CX-30's front lower turn signals that double as the DRL's are a whiteish LED color when lit, instead of the amber yellowish color. Is it location specific or are they changing the LEDs themselves?

·
Registered
2020 Mazda CX-30 SkyactivX GT Plus FWD AT - Polymetal Grey
40 Posts
The turn signals double as DRLs? On mine the DRLs are within the headlight assembly. The turn signals double as parking lights.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The turn signals double as DRLs? On mine the DRLs are within the headlight assembly. The turn signals double as parking lights.
Yes my lower turn signals are always on, lit up in an amber color. I consider that drls. I don't believe they turn off when I'm actually driving in the car is in motion 😂 no I can't see the front of my car when I'm driving lol.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I did see the front of my car when pulling in a parking lot in front of an all-glass building. Until then I was thinking that the DRLs were sharing space with the turn signals but nope, EU-spec CX-30 has the DRLs in the headlights.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I will have to set up my phone camera something to watch me pull in to find out it they do switch off while I'm driving here in the USA

·
Registered
2020 Preferred Snowflake AWD
190 Posts
Yes my lower turn signals are always on, lit up in an amber color. I consider that drls. I don't believe they turn off when I'm actually driving in the car is in motion 😂 no I can't see the front of my car when I'm driving lol.
The amber turn signal lights do NOT stay lit during the day on the US models. The only DRLs on the car are the headlights themselves.

·
Registered
AWD GT CX-30 ceramic coated
400 Posts
The amber turn signal lights do NOT stay lit during the day on the US models. The only DRLs on the car are the headlights themselves.
Yep same thing in Canada .. only time the yellow ones stay on is with the headlights on and not drl.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yep same thing in Canada .. only time the yellow ones stay on is with the headlights on and not drl.
You know they say you learn something new every 39 days. Well.. In this case 41 days for me😐😐

·
Registered
AWD GT CX-30 ceramic coated
400 Posts
You know they say you learn something new every 39 days. Well.. In this case 41 days for me😐😐
funny thing first day i got it i did a night drive and turned into a parking lot with windows to answer a text and the headlights wher reflecting right back into my face lol talk about killer to the retinas haha and so i reached to play with the headlight stock switch and went oh drl aren't the yellow ones lol and im being less blinded but still a little blinded 🤣

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
funny thing first day i got it i did a night drive and turned into a parking lot with windows to answer a text and the headlights wher reflecting right back into my face lol talk about killer to the retinas haha and so i reached to play with the headlight stock switch and went oh drl aren't the yellow ones lol and im being less blinded but still a little blinded 🤣
😂😁

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 GS FWD, Snowflake White
410 Posts
here are the DRL's for my Canadian model

·
Registered
40 Posts
Interesting. On my EU-spec there's another bulb in each headlight, towards the grille, that's acting as DRL.

·
Registered
13 Posts
[/QUOTE]
Interesting. On my EU-spec there's another bulb in each headlight, towards the grille, that's acting as DRL.
[/QUOTE]
The EU-spec has 3 types of headlichts.
View attachment 685

The design-pack has this one...Here only daylights on.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Yup, that's like mine. I have the "GT Plus" version, which is the highest trim here, but without any other option package.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I can confirm my Premium model on the US indeed has the amber DRL lights that are tied with turn signals, are lit as well while driving. I was behind a shiny truck and saw that they where lit

·
Registered
2020 Preferred Snowflake AWD
190 Posts
You must be manually turning your headlights on then during daylight driving conditions. If i wasn't feeling so lazy, I'd go take a pic for you. On my car, there are no amber DRLs. The only DRLs on my car are the headlights....that's it.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yes I always drive with my headlights on. So that must be why they are lit while I drive.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts