Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner
81 - 100 of 122 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Mazda CX-30 Premium
33 Posts
So I got mine today which fit perfectly. They are the 320MM model with no gap. Got them on Amazon. The regular 300MM leaves a 3/4" gap that I noticed in other people's installs.

5 minutes for me to install. Comes with no instructions. The vinyl ties (optional) took longer to install (two on each side).

They are not marked Left of Right but one won't fit on the other side so becareful inserting them. You'll know by the top angle of the insert in which side to put them.

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 GS FWD, Snowflake White
1,390 Posts
just installed mine today (weather finally suitable to do it), mine do have the slight gap, but unless you look real close you can't really tell.

Reactions: savcom

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 GS FWD, Snowflake White
1,390 Posts
Seems like your blocking airflow into the radiator
it's no different than the upper part that has the same grill on it which covers an even larger portion of the rad

Reactions: Tommieremix

·
Premium Member
2021 Mazda CX-30 AWD Turbo Premiun, Soul Red
114 Posts
Ordered mine from Amazon. There is two lengths, 300 mm and 320 mm.

I ordered the 300 before I saw the 320.

Recommend 320 as it fits further behind a front tag if a front tag is required and if buying two sets to make one long one, 320 should be easier.

Does it block air flow, probably some, but not enough to cause an issue. I have the shutters that easily block more air.

We do it because it looks better and causes no issues. Good luck

·
Registered
21 cx30 premium awd
310 Posts
I bought the recommended grill inserts on Amazon. They came in 2 days. I installed using shiny black zip ties, 2 per side, and you really cannot see them at all. I did not use the provided sticky tape as I wanted the option of cleanly removing them if I did not like them. I think it came out nicely and enhances the car’s looks, prob not much protection behind them but maybe they would slow down a projectile?

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 2.5S Crystal Blue Mica
111 Posts
They came in. The 310mm version is the perfect size for US (and others, I am sure) license plate size.

The Amazon link I used shows the grill inserts measuring 310mm each.
I am still a bit confused ...are you saying the 300 mm versions are the right size with a US license plate.??
Also there are two amazon links in this thread... one says price is $25 and another $30 from the same company...just to add to confusion.
Can someone reverify the link to amazon for the version to work with US Plate and not that big honkin foreign license plate in some of these pics

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 GT AWD - Machine Grey Metallic
217 Posts
I am still a bit confused ...are you saying the 300 mm versions are the right size with a US license plate.??
Also there are two amazon links in this thread... one says price is $25 and another $30 from the same company...just to add to confusion.
Can someone reverify the link to amazon for the version to work with US Plate and not that big honkin foreign license plate in some of these pics
For North American plate sizes, the 320mm are the right size to order - they fully reach from the outsides of the opening to the OEM plastic license plate mount. The 300mm ones leave a gap on either side of the plate mount itself (though it might not be as visible from head-on as the license plates themselves can vary a small amount from state to state and province to province and could hide the gap a bit), but you can definitely see it from most other angles.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Ordered mine from Amazon. There is two lengths, 300 mm and 320 mm.

I ordered the 300 before I saw the 320.

Recommend 320 as it fits further behind a front tag if a front tag is required and if buying two sets to make one long one, 320 should be easier.

Does it block air flow, probably some, but not enough to cause an issue. I have the shutters that easily block more air.

We do it because it looks better and causes no issues. Good luck
what is the link for the 320 mm version and did you have a US plate ?

·
Registered
111 Posts
For North American plate sizes, the 320mm are the right size to order - they fully reach from the outsides of the opening to the OEM plastic license plate mount. The 300mm ones leave a gap on either side of the plate mount itself (though it might not be as visible from head-on as the license plates themselves can vary a small amount from state to state and province to province and could hide the gap a bit), but you can definitely see it from most other angles.
Great Thanks for quick response

·
Registered
2021 Mazda MX-30 Turbo
272 Posts
Mine's DONE! Took two minutes and looks Factory Installed. And only $26.66! View attachment 1586 ...
When my service was done at the Dealer this last Friday, I pointed-out the new lower grill. Every service tech came over and loved-it, saying it should be a Factory part. Two of the Salespeople who have CX-30's are ordering them...

·
Registered
2022 CX-30 Premium Snowflake White (previously 2020 CX-30 Premium Polymetal Gray Metallic)
140 Posts
When my service was done at the Dealer this last Friday, I pointed-out the new lower grill. Every service tech came over and loved-it, saying it should be a Factory part. Two of the Salespeople who have CX-30's are ordering them...
I had the same experience at my dealer. They also liked the storage tray for the arm rest storage area.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Ease of Installation Note: When you install the lower grill inserts,,buy some mini zip ties (black) and zip tie to the vertical bars.
** Use two zip ties end to end (insert one into another to make long one). Bend the now long zip tie every 1/4" 180 degrees and you will form a semi-circle.
This will aid in feeding the zip ties around the bars and through grill immensely . Move the two ends of zip tie to the front...pull tight to secure grill ...then cut off excess with pair of *****.
Repeat at three other places. Mine came out great.

CaliJoe

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 Preferred
44 Posts
Ease of Installation Note: When you install the lower grill inserts,,buy some mini zip ties (black) and zip tie to the vertical bars.
** Use two zip ties end to end (insert one into another to make long one). Bend the now long zip tie every 1/4" 180 degrees and you will form a semi-circle.
This will aid in feeding the zip ties around the bars and through grill immensely . Move the two ends of zip tie to the front...pull tight to secure grill ...then cut off excess with pair of *.
Repeat at three other places. Mine came out great.

CaliJoe
I didn't tie two of the zip ties together, instead I futzed and fumbled until I got them wrapped around those posts. And then went inside to wash the blood off my scraped up knuckles....lol!

·
Registered
21 cx30 premium awd
310 Posts
I didn't tie two of the zip ties together, instead I futzed and fumbled until I got them wrapped around those posts. And then went inside to wash the blood off my scraped up knuckles....lol!
I bent the zip ties so they held a curve and just threaded them around the posts and thru the grill. No problems..i did not use the tape so used two ties per post for a total of four each side. Solid.

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 Preferred
44 Posts
How do these things hold up when washing and going trough a car wash? Its held in place with 3m tape?
The 3m tape pressure fits the grills to the exterior shape, so it is fairly sturdy just with the tape. What a-lot of us have done, is get small black zip ties and put two ties on each vertical pole behind the grill and through the grill. That extra bit of tie-down really locks them into place.

81 - 100 of 122 Posts