Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner
101 - 120 of 122 Posts

·
Registered
2020 / AWD / Base
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #101 ·
Yeah. Multiple car washes - no issues. The 3M seal is a good fit. Two zipties per side that really disappear and are unnoticeable.

·
Registered
'21 CX-30 2.5 Sky G Pref AWD Red
293 Posts
Haven't done anything with it yet, but this gaping hole jumped out at me when I first looked at the car. Even asked the salesman if it was missing something. I found those inserts online right after I bought the car but have not gotten yet. Was hoping to find something to cover the whole opening. I don't need a front plate and have already removed the bracket. Was not happy with the screw holes directly into the facia -will probably just do a little touch-up to make them less noticeable. I do like the ones here that used an extra set to fill the gaps. Might go that route.

·
Registered
'21 CX-30 2.5 Sky G Pref AWD Red
293 Posts
How do these things hold up when washing and going trough a car wash? Its held in place with 3m tape?
As long as it's a good fit and enough surface area, the tape should be sufficient. Manufacturers have been mounting trim and emblems with tape for 50 years. Just be sure both surfaces are cleaned well. I usually use Isopropyl Alcohol. A couple zip ties for extra security not a bad idea though, especially since they hide well in this situation.

Reactions: Qball

·
Premium Member
408 Posts
I zip tied mine, at least for the time being. I didn't know if there might be a need to access behind the grill for debris removal, etc. The front end of these cars are sealed up under the valance making access from below more difficult, if needed.

·
Registered
2022 CX-30 AWD, Carbon Edition (CE)
185 Posts
Any "full coverage" lower-grill aftermarket options out there for states that don't require a front license plate and/or drivers that don't like them (they tend to ruin the front styling IMO)? Whenever I watch CX-30 reviews on YouTube or check out the vehicle in-person at dealerships it just jumps out at me now bad-looking & exposed that lower grill opening is, & I can't believe Mazda designed/shipped their vehicles out that way.

·
Registered
21 cx30 premium awd
310 Posts
Hi all. First Mazda here. I notice on our 30s and some other models that the lower grill is only a few vertical strips to protect the condenser (I believe. Didn't look that closely to see if it is the radiator).

On line, I find one lower grill insert that may or may not fit. And no clue how it attaches. Nothing else. It looks like it mirrors the main grill

Am I missing other options? Anyone else find a good option to add a little more protection?
I bought mine on amazon. Cheap, fit perfectly. Attached to existing supports with shiny zip ties so it is totally un noticable
Car Grille Automotive lighting Vehicle Motor vehicle

·
Registered
2022 CX-30 Premium Snowflake White (previously 2020 CX-30 Premium Polymetal Gray Metallic)
140 Posts
When I had an oil change at my local dealer for the first time, the techs and sales staff LOVED the lower grill kit. They are thinking about stocking it!
I had the same experience at my dealer about a year ago, both the grill insert and the arm rest storage tray.

·
Registered
2021 CX30 Premium
17 Posts
How hard can it be for that company that makes those side pieces that match the upper grill to just make one that fits all the way across?

·
Registered
Mazda cx30 gt turbo 2021
137 Posts
How hard can it be for that company that makes those side pieces that match the upper grill to just make one that fits all the way across?
tu as raison c'est pas croyable. serait si simple. j'ai dû acheter 2 kits et faire quelques modifications je suis heureux du résultat !

·
Registered
Mazda cx30 gt turbo 2021
137 Posts
you're right, it's unbelievable. would be so simple. I had to buy 2 kits and make some modifications I'm happy with the result!

·
Registered
2022 CX-30 AWD, Carbon Edition (CE)
185 Posts
Or to offer single optional center insert piece at least that goes with the 2 side pieces? Seems like a no-brainer one way or the other, but here we are.

Reactions: MarkE

·
Registered
2021 Polymetal CX-30 AWD 2.5L Turbo Premium+
81 Posts
U.S. destined CX-30s do not have a fog-light option. 😠

I'd like to see a kit where fogs mounted in this lower grill space.

·
Registered
2021 CX30 Premium
17 Posts
My version of the full insert. Took a little more time but I eliminated the seams. I'm sure they'll offer a full piece for sale soon, since I spent the time extra time and money to MacGyver this baby! #zoomzoom View attachment 4681
View attachment 4680
That's awesome! I've been thinking about doing the same. Any tips you can pass along for those of us wanting to do the same for our CX-30?

101 - 120 of 122 Posts