1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 e-Skyactiv X SE-L Lux Mhev 186ps
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all

I’m not a car techy person.
im looking to get lower grill install/fitted for my new CX-30 (based in the UK)
Can I please ask for links where to get them and how to get them fitted ?
thank you

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 Skyactive-X FWD, Sport Tech, Polymetal grey
46 Posts
Quick search on Ebay turned up a number of options from China.
Search 'cx-30 grille'

Cannot endorse any of them but at ~£26 probably worth a punt?

Looks like they stick in the spoiler space with tape.

I just had a looksee on my car - the openings are blocked off either side with a flexible air dam, then louvres in front of whatever cooling element sits behind, provided you don't block the louvre operation should be good.

·
Registered
'21 CX-30 2.5 Sky G Pref AWD Red
298 Posts
The pieces available are aftermarket (nothing made by Mazda) and only cover the sides with license plate in middle. Some use 2 sets and cut them to fill in the entire space. There are a few other threads already going on the subject. Here are a couple including how I screened mine to protect condenser.
Lower Grille Insert | Page 2 | Mazda CX‌-30 Forum (cx30talk.com)
Lower Grille opening - a different solution. | Mazda CX‌-30 Forum (cx30talk.com)
Either way it is pretty much of a 'do it yourself' job (or find someone you know that is handy to do it.

·
Registered
21 cx30 premium awd
346 Posts
Hello all

I’m not a car techy person.
im looking to get lower grill install/fitted for my new CX-30 (based in the UK)
Can I please ask for links where to get them and how to get them fitted ?
thank you
I got mine on amazon...yeah it is chinese made but the quality seems fine and it fit perfectly. I did not use the double sided tspe thst came with it snd , i stead used shiny black (to match) zip ties....nice and tight and removable, if necessary. I think i paid about 23$usd.
Car Grille Automotive lighting Vehicle Motor vehicle

·
Registered
2021 Turbo Premium
28 Posts
I got mine on amazon...yeah it is chinese made but the quality seems fine and it fit perfectly. I did not use the double sided tspe thst came with it snd , i stead used shiny black (to match) zip ties....nice and tight and removable, if necessary. I think i paid about 23$usd. View attachment 2809
From the pic, looks like a tidy install!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I ordered mine from Amazon. They went in really easy. They come with 3M tape, I ended up using a zip tie to make it more secure. I was very happy with how they came out. I ordered the 320mm version. There were some that claimed the 300mm leaves a gap. Not only does it look great, but the added protection for your rad makes it a must have purchase. My last car (Nissan) had a similar gap and ended up with a rock hitting and puncturing my radiator.
Car Vehicle registration plate Grille Vehicle White

·
Premium Member
2021 CX-30 S 2.5L white/black
562 Posts
I ordered mine from Amazon. They went in really easy. They come with 3M tape, I ended up using a zip tie to make it more secure. I was very happy with how they came out. I ordered the 320mm version. There were some that claimed the 300mm leaves a gap. Not only does it look great, but the added protection for your rad makes it a must have purchase. My last car (Nissan) had a similar gap and ended up with a rock hitting and puncturing my radiator. View attachment 2821
Link to what you purchased?

·
Registered
2021 Mazda CX-30 GS-S AWD Soul Red
16 Posts
Here in Alberta we only have rear license plates, non on the front. Has anyone used two grill kits and cut off a piece of one to attach in middle of the other kit’s two pieces to make one long piece? What adhesive did you use to bond the three pieces? Any pics? Thanks

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 GS 2.5L, Luxury Package, Soul Red Crystal
172 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Mazda CX-30 GS-S AWD Soul Red
16 Posts
Or, you could just fill that gap with a 'fake' license plate...

Randy, seeing as you are in Alberta, how about something like ...

...? ha ha. :)
Hi Chu
Good suggestion but could be dangerous 😬 Calgary Flames fans might get perturbed 😱
Thanks

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 GS FWD, Snowflake White
1,454 Posts
Here in Alberta we only have rear license plates, non on the front. Has anyone used two grill kits and cut off a piece of one to attach in middle of the other kit’s two pieces to make one long piece? What adhesive did you use to bond the three pieces? Any pics? Thanks
a member did that, I think they posted a photo. That material is extreme light (I have them on my car), so any glue that handles plastic would hold it together without much problem.
Check out this thread on the same subject, might be something there (that's what the search feature is for 😃)
Lower Grill Insert | Mazda CX‌-30 Forum (cx30talk.com)

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 GS FWD, Snowflake White
1,454 Posts
Looks good, same thing I did.
I still wonder why no one is making a grille that would fill the full bottom opening?
I half suspect from a suppliers point of view that that would make quite a large package which would incur substantial higher shipping costs (and consequently a higher probability of damage). I suppose they could split in half but then it won't look right. Is there a large enough market to justify the high cost of the product in comparison to the two section unit?

Reactions: imchipman
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.