Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
As soon as a brand introduces lowering springs, I plan on lowering my wife’s 30. Nothing drastic, just to reduce the wheel-tire gap and soften out the big black plastic cladding. Its too awkward imo.

My lowered CX-5 on Eibach springs.

Pros- Improved cornering, reduced body roll on turns, can’t notice any difference in ride height, improved appearance (imo). Haven’t had any bottoming out issues

Cons: Bumpier ride over rough roads and my back hurt for 3 days after DIY install
View attachment 404
Do you have a rough idea how much your CX-5 was lowered by? I'm just trying to get an idea about how low it is. It looks fantastic!

·
Registered
31 Posts
they should of just saved all the money spent to lower it and just got a mazda 3 sport lol just saying
So then people shouldn’t go to a pro detailer, waste their money on ceramic coating and just save the money by detailing their cars themselves with sealant and wax lol just saying.

I wouldn’t go into a detailers forum thread and say that by the way...if you enjoy that huge wheel gap to each their own. It’s excessive to me, so I don’t mind spending the $275 and 3 hrs to slightly modify it. In Europe and Asia the 30 is 1” lower than US models.

My wife’s car, she tested out numerous cars and liked how she felt in the CX-30 the best, thats why we didnt get a 3.

Not to be disrespectful, I noticed the majority of ppl in this thread and the other lowering springs thread like the lifted look but its awkward looking. My wife and I have no intention of going offroading in this car

·
Registered
15 Posts
Dude, that looks beastly. Yeah, I know it pretty-much removes any off-road capabilities the CX-30 has... but let's be honest, it's not like it was climbing mountains with in the first place.

·
Registered
2020 Mazda CX-30 Deep Crystal Blue Mica - Premium
83 Posts
I like the red calipers.

·
Super Moderator
2020 CX-30 Machine Gray Premium FWD, 2020 Soul Red Crystal MX-5 RF GT
67 Posts
I think that looks great. I wonder if my wife will notice if I do that?🤔

·
Registered
195 Posts
Yep I think you got just the right amount of lift for appearance sake. I wonder if you retained any ground clearance advantage over a 3

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 Select AWD
109 Posts
Wow! Some of those wheels are massive. Looks at the size of the rear tire in the last pic. That's Porsche Macan territory. Or maybe it's the front wheel creeping into the shot. Thanks for digging those up Tomme.

21 - 40 of 51 Posts