Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 Select AWD
109 Posts
Why lower it? Just get a mazda3 GT.
We keep beating this horse. Mazda 3 is not the same vehicle. CX-30 is not a lifted Mazda3. I drove Mazda3 before and it was too small for my needs. I personally like the size of the CX and don't like the lifted look and feel. I am going to lower it after my 1st visit to a dealer.

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 GT AWD - Machine Grey Metallic
149 Posts
Wow! Some of those wheels are massive. Looks at the size of the rear tire in the last pic. That's Porsche Macan territory. Or maybe it's the front wheel creeping into the shot. Thanks for digging those up Tomme.
Definitely overlap with the front left tire. There's no room in that well to fit a wheel/tire that wide.

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 GT Polymetal Gray
47 Posts
Thanks everyone for sharing your experience with lowering.

I now thinking of doing it since the euro spec is lower so this should not adversely affect ride characteristics.

I’m wondering if the euro spec CX-30 has a different wheel alignment? I’m no expert but thinking lowering would affect camber, so would a wheel alignment be needed?

·
Registered
2021 Mazda CX-30 Turbo Premium in Soul Red Crystal
19 Posts
I am probably going to get some coilovers for my CX-30 when they become available so I can keep it stock height in the winter and drop it in the summer.

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 GT Polymetal Gray
47 Posts
You are learning me, lol

keep us informed … nothing in the way of coil overs and not sure I want to pay $ to be a guinea pig. But I’d be happy to be an unpaid tester😜

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 Turbo Premium Soul Red
27 Posts
Whether they fit on the North American Turbo model is a mystery, unfortunately. Blitz and RS-R are for the 2.0 G and Tein is for the Diesel model.

AutoExe has a coilover kit (Street Sports SUS. Kit) that fits on all Japanese models, as well. CX-30(DM) | AutoExe

Spring rates (from the Japanese site):
34.3 N/mm front
49.0 N/mm rear

·
Registered
2021 Mazda CX-30 Turbo Premium in Soul Red Crystal
19 Posts
Whether they fit on the North American Turbo model is a mystery, unfortunately. Blitz and RS-R are for the 2.0 G and Tein is for the Diesel model.
Yeah, I am going to wait till they are available from a US vendor. I don't want to order something from overseas, find out that it doesn't work, or have to deal with support from across the world.

41 - 51 of 51 Posts