Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
20 CX-30 AWD JBM Prem
199 Posts
I would imagine it could if you had an issue caused by the lowering springs. In the US, the manufacture can’t deny a warranty claim for an unrelated issue if the vehicle has been modified.

·
Super Moderator
2020 CX-30 Machine Gray Premium FWD, 2020 Soul Red Crystal MX-5 RF GT
61 Posts
I showed the pictures to my wife and she thought it looked great and said go ahead and lower it so it looks like I'll do it some time next year. I still need to install the Koni's, Flyin' Miata springs, and sway bars on my 2020 MX-5 though as they have been sitting on a shelf all year.

·
Registered
20 CX-30 AWD JBM Prem
199 Posts
I showed the pictures to my wife and she thought it looked great and said go ahead and lower it so it looks like I'll do it some time next year. I still need to install the Koni's, Flyin' Miata springs, and sway bars on my 2020 MX-5 though as they have been sitting on a shelf all year.
My set of H & R's has been sitting in my garage for several months...one of these days.

·
Registered
G25 Touring - 2020 - Soul Red Crystal Metallic
65 Posts
Your car looks fantastic before and after. What size are your wheels?

Personally I got the CX30 so I have extra ground clearance as my last car would scratch the front bumper all the time. Now I got some piece of mind when I'm in tricky spaces. But I do think lowering looks good.

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 Select
20 Posts
I wonder if lowering the car impacts it's safety features (ACC, EB etc)?

You would probably need to adjust the headlights although I think I saw that option in the infotainment system.

·
Registered
2021 PP Turbo Polymetal Gray
43 Posts
Got the H&R Lowering Springs installed last month and finally getting around to updating this thread. I think it looks “normal” now. Handling was already amazing before the springs but corners much better with no body lean post install.

Honestly though, I didnt get the springs for the handling, just to fix the awkward lifted look which I wasnt a fan of.

Before
View attachment 1075

After

View attachment 1076
I agree that it looks MUCH better without those absurd gaps between tires and fenders. Even the plastic cladding looks less clownish without the big gaps!

I'd be tempted to do the same, except that the 8 inches of ground clearance was the most important factor for us in deciding between the 3 and the CX30 since we tend to go off pavement from time to time.

Now if only there were a dash button that would raise and lower it on demand!

Reactions: 20CX30JBM

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 GS FWD, Snowflake White
605 Posts
I agree that it looks MUCH better without those absurd gaps between tires and fenders. Even the plastic cladding looks less clownish without the big gaps!
take a look at the photo I just posted here

21 - 31 of 31 Posts