Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
CX30 sport Lux
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my CX30 about 6 weeks ago and up til last week had only done short trips due to Covid. Initially the seat felt fine, but then it started to feel lumpy and I had to keep shifting about. Last week I did a 2 hour trip out and 2 hour trip back, my first long trip. I was in agony, sciatica, painful derriere. I've tried a wedge cushion, memory foam pillow, and have just bought a support cushion specifically for cars with hard seats. Very marginally more comfortable, but I haven't done a long journey with that yet. Next week I go to Skye, a 1000mile+ trip and I'm dreading it.
Has anyone else had a problem? They're not electric seats. If I can't resolve this, then the car is being traded in. If I can't be comfortable, then it's the wrong car for me. Such a shame, since I traded in an MX5 for this car, and that was super comfortable.

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 GT - Skyactive G - 2.5 L AWD
284 Posts
Hi there

I have done 30000 km on mine and can't say that the seat is uncomfortable.

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 Select AWD
99 Posts
Sorry to hear your seats aren't quite matching your body. I believe the seats in the 30s were designed for smaller people. I also don't have an electric seat so our setups are probably similar. I'm pretty short and these seats barely fit me. I had to teach myself how to sit in these. I have to keep my legs close together otherwise the thigh control digs into my thighs. Also, the back position took some time to figure out as these seats aren't your "traditional' ones. They have been redesigned by Mazda with some magic voodoo.

There was at least one thread on this topic. I don't have any suggestions aside from trying different positions. If you will be driving long distances, a trade might not be the worst idea.

Services that sell you cars with a 7-day return no questions asked are more and more appealing to me as driving a car for 15 minutes won't tell you much of anything about a vehicle. You problem is one of the reasons why I might go that route next when purchasing.

·
Registered
2020 Mazda CX-30 GT AWD - Soul Red Crystal
147 Posts
I quite enjoy the seat.
I have the leather, electric version.
only downside is getting into the car on a hot summers day. Hot on the back of the legs lol.
car cools quickly though and I’ve invested in a umbrella style shade.

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 GS FWD, Snowflake White
705 Posts
mine are just the cloth seats (I had leather in my previous vehicle, didn't want it again if I could avoid it), and so far no problem. However, there is so many adjustments on the seats in combination with the adjustments of the steering wheel it would be rare if you couldn't find some comfort, but you have to play around with the adjustments, one single slight change can make all the difference. It can be a lot of trial and error in some cases.
The owners manual or in the display makes suggestions for finding a correct seat position.

The op did not mention their height or weight to give us some sort of guide-line. I'm 5'-11" and about 200 lbs. Here's my seats and the 8-way adjustments that it provides.

·
Registered
Mazda CX-30, FWD, Polimetal Grey, 2020
3 Posts
I bought my CX30 about 6 weeks ago and up til last week had only done short trips due to Covid. Initially the seat felt fine, but then it started to feel lumpy and I had to keep shifting about. Last week I did a 2 hour trip out and 2 hour trip back, my first long trip. I was in agony, sciatica, painful derriere. I've tried a wedge cushion, memory foam pillow, and have just bought a support cushion specifically for cars with hard seats. Very marginally more comfortable, but I haven't done a long journey with that yet. Next week I go to Skye, a 1000mile+ trip and I'm dreading it.
Has anyone else had a problem? They're not electric seats. If I can't resolve this, then the car is being traded in. If I can't be comfortable, then it's the wrong car for me. Such a shame, since I traded in an MX5 for this car, and that was super comfortable.
I also had serious problems with the seats in the new Mazda cx-30. For the first three weeks, lateral support started to put a lot of pressure on my hip joint after just 20 minutes of driving. Then my body got loose, but another problem arose. Incorrect seating led to tightness in the cervical vertebrae, as a result of which my left arm began to go numb. Now, after a course of massage, I feel better, I hope that I will get used to these seats. I remember that in my previous car I got used to about 3 months. It seems to me that the main problem with the seats in the Mazda cx-30 is that they are too narrow. My height is 174 cm, weight 75 kg, standard build. Sorry for my english, this is not my native language

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 Select AWD
99 Posts
@conwelpic I have cloth seats in my other car and when shopping for CX-30 I was considering the same but they were offered only on the lowest trim and I wanted a couple of features offered on a higher ones. Now, that summer is coming, I think I made a mistake. The seats (not leather in my trim) are already hot after 10-15 min and they have no cooling option. Smart on you to pick the cloth seats.

@Kotkisam After some time the seat is bound to soften up. However, if you are getting numb body parts, maybe take it to a specialty shop and see if they can loosen it up for you (I assume a dealer will tell you to bug off). Seeing medical professionals after a drive is not normal.

·
Registered
CX-30 Premium Turbo, C7
23 Posts
I've heard of other folks (not in this forum) that have gone to an interior shop and the folks there have slimmed down the bolsters or the foam inside to make things more comfortable on different cars. Good luck in your endeavor to get things adjusted for ya.

·
Administrator
2020 CX-30 Skyactiv-X MHEV GT Sport Tech
432 Posts
I also had serious problems with the seats in the new Mazda cx-30. For the first three weeks, lateral support started to put a lot of pressure on my hip joint after just 20 minutes of driving. Then my body got loose, but another problem arose. Incorrect seating led to tightness in the cervical vertebrae, as a result of which my left arm began to go numb. Now, after a course of massage, I feel better, I hope that I will get used to these seats. I remember that in my previous car I got used to about 3 months. It seems to me that the main problem with the seats in the Mazda cx-30 is that they are too narrow. My height is 174 cm, weight 75 kg, standard build. Sorry for my english, this is not my native language
Please do not worry about your English. It's fine. Sorry to hear you have had seating issues with the car. Do you drive with anything in the rear pockets of your trousers (such as a wallet?) If you do, then this can upset your seating position in any car and can cause sciatica. Maybe this is made worse by the seats in the CX-30?

Reactions: Kotkisam

·
Registered
Mazda CX-30, FWD, Polimetal Grey, 2020
3 Posts
Please do not worry about your English. It's fine. Sorry to hear you have had seating issues with the car. Do you drive with anything in the rear pockets of your trousers (such as a wallet?) If you do, then this can upset your seating position in any car and can cause sciatica. Maybe this is made worse by the seats in the CX-30?
Hi, thanks for the advice. I don't, I put everything out of my pockets. Hope my body gets used to these seats.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts