Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those who have owned Japanese built Mazda's in the past or present....do you perceive any noticeable build quality differences in the Mexico built cars?

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 White Premium AWD
10 Posts
I have owned several Mazda's. Granted my CX-30 has 2k miles on it, but thus far I would say there is no difference. Time will tell as the saying goes!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have owned several Mazda's. Granted my CX-30 has 2k miles on it, but thus far I would say there is no difference. Time will tell as the saying goes!
Anything stand out in your mind that you really don't like and how's that rear visibility I've seen in the reviews it's not great

·
Registered
10 Posts
Only thing I would say I don't like is the shiny black in the interior. It's nice but shows dust and fingerprints badly! As far as the rear visibility I have no complaints, but I am 6'2".

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Only thing I would say I don't like is the shiny black in the interior. It's nice but shows dust and fingerprints badly! As far as the rear visibility I have no complaints, but I am 6'2".
I like the car but I'm always hesitant about first year models. I guess you could say it's really a lifted Mazda 3 which has been out 2 years since the redesign. Having owned Mazda's before have you ever had a 6? Doing some reading about rust issues on the front sub frame and rear suspension and exhaust. Have you experienced this in any of your previous Mazda's? Thanks for your responses.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I like the car but I'm always hesitant about first year models. I guess you could say it's really a lifted Mazda 3 which has been out 2 years since the redesign. Having owned Mazda's before have you ever had a 6? Doing some reading about rust issues on the front sub frame and rear suspension and exhaust. Have you experienced this in any of your previous Mazda's? Thanks for your responses.
Never had any rust issues on my mazda's. My daughter had a 2008 Mazda 6 and she had no issues either. Was a great car until until she was rear-ended!

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 GS FWD, Snowflake White
409 Posts
I'm a first buyer of any Mazda (and I've been driving for over 50 years) and I find the built quality and fit and finish on my Mexican built vehicle extremely good, not sure if any Japanese built model would be any better. On any vehicle these days, where it's built doesn't mean much as regards quality as it all depends on the standards that are set for that factory from the top.

As I very rarely have anybody ride in the rear seats I removed the centre headrest which helps a bit (but the rear wiper assembly is still in place) removing the outside ones wouldn't help in any way. I'm 5'-11" and here is my view through the rear view mirror. Sure it could be better but it's not bad (also depends what you are used to from a prior vehicle), you have a very wide angle rearview camera and two large outside mirrors and rear cross traffic alert (works for people too as I found out the other day), as it states these are just to assist you, you still have to be aware as if they are not there.

Reactions: twice007

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm a first buyer of any Mazda (and I've been driving for over 50 years) and I find the built quality and fit and finish on my Mexican built vehicle extremely good, not sure if any Japanese built model would be any better. On any vehicle these days, where it's built doesn't mean much as regards quality as it all depends on the standards that are set for that factory from the top.

As I very rarely have anybody ride in the rear seats I removed the centre headrest which helps a bit (but the rear wiper assembly is still in place) removing the outside ones wouldn't help in any way. I'm 5'-11" and here is my view through the rear view mirror. Sure it could be better but it's not bad (also depends what you are used to from a prior vehicle), you have a very wide angle rearview camera and two large outside mirrors and rear cross traffic alert (works for people too as I found out the other day), as it states these are just to assist you, you still have to be aware as if they are not there.

View attachment 990
Thanks for the info. My Subaru (2005) has no backup camera so that will be of some help.

·
Registered
409 Posts
the backup camera is extremely wide angle in this CX-30 far greater than what I had in my previous two vehicles that had a camera, also it is very clear.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Look like a good view. No recalls on the car according to NHTSA correct?
don't know as I use Transport Canada for that info and there is two recall's - fuel supply & brakes which have been discussed on this forum. These did not apply to my specific model.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts