Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2020 AWD Astina 2.5 ltr soul red
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all , I have cx30 Astina AWD and I’m from Australia , so far no issues after 6000 klms and love the car. After following this forum since May and reading about certain quality issues and defects , my question is, the cx30 is assembled in Japan , Mexico and Thailand , does this mean assembly only or is the whole car manufacturered in that country? Thanks for any input .

·
Registered
16 Posts
I’m not sure about Australia. I know that they used to all be made in Japan and then brought over. I’d assume yours is from its closest plant. I think they are made stay to finish in one spot. I could be wrong.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I’m not sure about Australia. I know that they used to all be made in Japan and then brought over. I’d assume yours is from its closest plant. I think they are made stay to finish in one spot. I could be wrong.
Australian cx30 is from Thailand, what I’m asking is , assembled in Thailand and made in Japan or totally manufactured in Thailand

·
Registered
AWD 2020 GT CX-30 ceramic coated
681 Posts
Canada here .. made in Mexico 🙂 but I am curious to know if the engine and transmission is made somewhere else..

·
Registered
6 Posts
For Australian CX-30, the compliance plate says “Thailand” unless you get the new X engine, then it says “Japan”

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
For Australian CX-30, the compliance plate says “Thailand” unless you get the new X engine, then it says “Japan”
So is the whole car made in Thailand or just assembled in Thailand ?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Please read original post again
Please read original post again
Hi Supa,
Sorry, didn’t mean to divert the thread...
To your original query, I don’t think the answer is quite yes/no.
What I have worked out so far is:
- Both the compliance plate and the VIN identify most Oz CX-30 “country of manufacture” as Thailand.
  • However, the AAT factory (where these come from) in Thailand is referred to as an “assembly plant”, a joint Ford/Mazda enterprise churning out (for Mazda) at least BT50, CX3, CX-30 for the Asian and Australian markets, shipped here under the “free trade agreement”.
  • Having said that Mazda also manufactures engines and transmissions in their own factory in Thailand, including AFAIK the skyactiv G engines and the AT used in CX-30s as well.
So, it is not just a TKD assembly job but a typical “globalised” car assembly plant using a mix of significant local and some imported components.

I hope that helps a little.
Cheers,

·
Registered
CX-30 G122 AT Comfort Machine Grey
79 Posts
Out of curiosity, what is the Thai plant code in the beginning of the VIN-code?

·
Registered
G25 Touring - 2020 - Soul Red Crystal Metallic
66 Posts

·
Registered
G25 Touring - 2020 - Soul Red Crystal Metallic
66 Posts
Australian cx30 is from Thailand, what I’m asking is , assembled in Thailand and made in Japan or totally manufactured in Thailand
I can't imagine it being all made in Thailand, they probably ship some parts from Japan to Thailand, then it's put together there. Id love to know just how much of the car is made in Thailand.

·
Registered
2020 Mazda CX30 SP (Sport Plus)
227 Posts
I can't imagine it being all made in Thailand, they probably ship some parts from Japan to Thailand, then it's put together there. Id love to know just how much of the car is made in Thailand.
Actually the CX30 is assembled in Malaysia all from parts from Japan. The CX3 is assembled in Thailand all from Japanese parts. The CX5 and now CX8 that are in Thailand are also assembled in Malaysia. It is cheaper because Thailand puts an import tax of about 30% on parts from Japan, Malaysia does not have this import tax so vehicles that are made in Malaysia are cheaper to assemble. There is no import tax on importing a vehicle to Thailand from Malaysia as both countries are part of the ASEAN free trade pact in which Japan is not part of. Hope this helps.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts