Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Currently just running Apple Music through Car Play into the car's Bose system but am thinking this is not the best option for fidelity. What are my other options? Play files from a hard drive connected via USB? Download lossless files to phone and play via Bluetooth? Curious about the difference in quality. Might just revery to Car Play but thought I'd give another option a try.

·
Registered
CX30 GT SPORT. A Road cyclists who drives a CX30 on the odd occasion...
453 Posts
Spotify.. is our chosen source of entertainment..via AA

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not got many CDs nowadays unfortunately! I thought I read somewhere that the CD player played DVDs on the screen (or maybe that was just a US thing (Im UK)

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 GT Sport Tech SkyActiv-X : Soul Red
31 Posts
As a side note - It would be good to hear from owners who have had time to experiment with the 'sound setup' of the Bose system, to advise what they did to get the best sound (y)

·
Registered
453 Posts
As a side note - It would be good to hear from owners who have had time to experiment with the 'sound setup' of the Bose system, to advise what they did to get the best sound (y)
There is a thread in the forum somewhere...

·
Registered
453 Posts
Thanks Steve, do you find the quality better than Apple Music?
Not tried Apple music. But my son who had Apple , now has Spotify and says it's better...
If you but a £1 dobber from Curry's you get 6 months of Spotify free... Worth it for a trial

·
Registered
2020 Mazda CX30 Soul Red Select AWD
133 Posts
No CD player on any model sold in North America. I believe if you pay for Spotify it doubles the sound quality.

The best option would be usb with Flak Files.

·
Registered
GT Sport, Deep Crystal Blue
106 Posts
Still awaiting the arrival of my car so I have not actually heard the sound from the Bose system. From other owners experience, what is lacking in the sound quality?

·
Registered
GT Sport, Deep Crystal Blue
106 Posts
Still awaiting the arrival of my car so I have not actually heard the sound from the Bose system. From other owners experience, what is lacking in the sound quality?
Having had my car now for just over 24 hours the only disappointment so far is the quality of the sound from the bose system.

·
Registered
PAST OWNER OF A AWD 2020 GT CX-30 ceramic coated-curently have a 100th Anniversary edition mazda 3
732 Posts
Iv had a Sirius XM subscription for years and it really sounds great with the bose system 😊 I have yet to try other audio sources but Sirius XM is a digital signal so the sound quality is pretty good to begin with.

·
Registered
CX-30 GT Sport Tech, Soul Crystal Red, 2020 reg
75 Posts
If you dive into the settings of Spotify, you’ll find you can select the streaming quality. Try downloading something at ‘Extreme’ quality and see how that compares.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I've an USB drive connected with a few albums in FLAC format. The difference is actually there and it makes the sound system shine much more than I expected. Bose is usually pretty subpar in other cars (like Renault, the earlier Mazda 3 models and the CX-3). But in this car Mazda made sure

However, the Bose sound in the CX-30 is good on a technical level (no echo, natural sound image), but it's also a very neutral setup. Which means that compared to other brands that enhance the highs and lows a lot, the sound does sound a bit muted and this could seem to some people as it being lesser quality.

After getting used to it, I'm pretty happy with it. And I notice the difference way more these days when I get into any other car.

·
Registered
2021 Mazda CX30 GT Sport Tech eSkyactive G Auto
14 Posts
Only had my car for 6 days but so far very impressed with the bose system, far better than the one in the cx3 I had previously.

Using carplay and find the lossless quality in Apple Music now very crisp. No complaints here. 👍

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 GT Polymetal Gray
50 Posts
I was moving over to Apple Music from Spotify due to using wireless headphones that would otherwise transcode OGG to AAC. I found there was a noticeable difference on my B&W PX.

However I found the sound quality on CarPlay was really meh, even FM radio sounded better.

Tried Spotify over CarPlay and sound was much better.

I can’t explain why…

Anyway I prefer Spotify interface and Spotify Connect is worth the monthly cost.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts