Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 Premium. Soul Red
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My back said a sedan or coupe (entry and exit) was not what I needed anymore, but maybe a CX-30 is not really what I want. 1300 miles. Premium AWD, VIN 3MVDBDLXMM20778.
Is anyone interested, and at what price? I like it, but am not enthused. I'll be OK with it, bit miss the fun of my old battered Jetta.

·
Premium Member
2021 CX-30 S 2.5L white/black
365 Posts
That's a big reason I went from a 2019 Sonata to my 2021 CX-30, better ingress/egress. More of a lateral in-out move than the lowering/climbing of the car. I really like mine (mostly) and have the lowly 2.5S. Mine is white. The base model doesn't offer the best color of all, like what you have. Hopefully you'll suddenly find some inspiration and be happy with your choice. Good luck.

·
Registered
21 cx30 premium awd
166 Posts
My back said a sedan or coupe (entry and exit) was not what I needed anymore, but maybe a CX-30 is not really what I want. 1300 miles. Premium AWD, VIN 3MVDBDLXMM20778.
Is anyone interested, and at what price? I like it, but am not enthused. I'll be OK with it, bit miss the fun of my old battered Jetta.
I also left my sedans behind because if ingress/egress and i got tired of "sitting on the road" as sedans' seating positions have gotten lower and lower over the years. I miss my gti and my civic si, but honestly the cx30 is ok. Yeah, not "enthused" but def comfortable, esp for long hauls. I have been tempted also to swap it for another gti but must keep reminding myself that, despite my comparative lack of enthusiasm for it, of why i sold the gti and bought this in the first place. No, it is not a car, as such, and it def is no gti but it is competent and comfortable and i have to keep reminding myself of that.

·
Registered
2021 CX-30
54 Posts
We had to trade in our 2020 Mazda 3 after my wife fell and no longer could enter/exit without pain. I miss the 3. It was more fun to drive, got better highway gas mileage and the driver's seat was more comfortable for me than our new CX-30. That said, the 30 is more practical and my wife is happy. It's all about trade-offs.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here is a slight re-write: I still have my Jetta, and still love the old POS. I have 1400 miles on my car (Premium AWD N/A) What kind of monetary hit will I take if I choose to sell it?

·
Registered
2021 CX-30
54 Posts
Supply is extremely short and there is demand. If it were me in this retail climate, I'd ask MSRP. I might accept a bit less, but not much less.

·
Premium Member
365 Posts
Supply is extremely short and there is demand. If it were me in this retail climate, I'd ask MSRP. I might accept a bit less, but not much less.
So you'd go down the block and willingly pay your neighbor full MSRP for his not quite new used car.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, I did add about $250 in floor mats and junk! LOL!

·
Registered
2021 CX-30
54 Posts
So you'd go down the block and willingly pay your neighbor full MSRP for his not quite new used car.
Read for comprehension. I didn't say I would buy a vehicle right now. If you follow the automotive press, which obviously you don't, you would know that this is absolutely the worst time to buy a vehicle in our lifetime. If you're selling a vehicle and don't need to purchase a vehicle, it's absolutely the best time to sell a vehicle. Used prices are bordering on insane.
The poster was selling a premium CX-30 in Soul Red. That's an in demand vehicle and most dealers don't have them and can't get them. He's in the driver's seat until the car companies figure out what to do about the chip shortage and transportation if coming from overseas. Reality bites.

·
Premium Member
365 Posts
Oh, I read and comprehended. I just question if the folks saying I'd sell for MSRP and are adamant about it would also willingly pay it if the roles were reversed. I know all about the chip shortage etc. etc.. I just find it interesting how the vast majority of people have a certain opinion but only based on one side of things.

·
Registered
2021 CX-30
54 Posts
Oh, I read and comprehended. I just question if the folks saying I'd sell for MSRP and are adamant about it would also willingly pay it if the roles were reversed. I know all about the chip shortage etc. etc.. I just find it interesting how the vast majority of people have a certain opinion but only based on one side of things.
That's not what you said. You specifically addressed me in your response. You even used the term "you." I never said I'd buy a vehicle now or anytime in the near future yet you asked me why I would. That's a lack of comprehension of what I wrote.

·
Premium Member
365 Posts
No, what I asked was if you took the same position for both sides of the coin. And yes, I did ask you specifically since you are the one who said MSRP or very near to it. My query is much broader but all the others who may say the same thing aren't here participating. Anyway, on with dinner prep and Chicago shows.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts