Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Haven't seen this yet - when I auto start from Mazda app to cool the car off, as soon as I unlock & open the door the car turns off. Is this a safety feature? Also, WHY wouldn't they offer warning audible with the backup camera?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I just found the answer to my 1st question on the General Discussion(it's a safety feature) but maybe someone knows what's up with the silent backup camera? Also is there a way to not have to turn off the parking break every time?

·
Registered
20 CX-30 AWD JBM Prem
94 Posts
I find the remote start shut down a annoyance more than any kind of safety feature. I've had remote starters for 25+ years some OE, some aftermarket, none had the auto shutdown when unlocking like Mazda (Honda OE does the same as Mazda).
Why are proximity sensors needed with the back up camera? You can see behind the vehicle and there is a cross traffic alert if a vehicle approaches while reversing.

·
Registered
2020 Mazda CX-30 GT AWD - Soul Red Crystal
113 Posts
I just found the answer to my 1st question on the General Discussion(it's a safety feature) but maybe someone knows what's up with the silent backup camera? Also is there a way to not have to turn off the parking break every time?
The electric parking break auto releases when car is put into drive and gas pedal is depressed (as long as you have your seat belt on)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I find the remote start shut down a annoyance more than any kind of safety feature. I've had remote starters for 25+ years some OE, some aftermarket, none had the auto shutdown when unlocking like Mazda (Honda OE does the same as Mazda).
Why are proximity sensors needed with the back up camera? You can see behind the vehicle and there is a cross traffic alert if a vehicle approaches while reversing.
Cars may register but what about dogs, kids, fences, trash cans, parked cars? Never been in a car with this feature that didn't provide an audible...

·
Registered
AWD GT CX-30 ceramic coated
172 Posts
Lol just put it in reverse and step on it and hope the rear cross traffic alert works with the automatic emergency braking 🤣🤣 jk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts