Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my car 2 weeks ago, its the luxury spec. My understanding of the CTS system, in particular the steering assist function, is that it will only work between 30-55km/h (steering wheel icon turns green). The steering wheel icon will turn from green to white (inactive) at speeds above 60km/h from what I observed. This makes this feature kinda meaningless isn’t it? I hope I’m mistaken.

Also do you trust the steering assist? It makes me a bit nervous as it kind of bounces from the left to right lane marking when its active instead of driving in a straight line. If I recall correctly there was a car in front of me so it should be able to track the car.

Secondly the MRCC can only be activated above 30km/h. But say the car in front of you gradually comes to a stop when MRCC is active. Will the MRCC bring your car to a complete stop and apply HOLD to the brakes, or will the MRCC turn off below 30km/h? Mine does not have the Stop & Go function. Thanks!

·
Registered
CX-30 GT - 2.5 L AWD
155 Posts
Just got my car 2 weeks ago, its the luxury spec. My understanding of the CTS system, in particular the steering assist function, is that it will only work between 30-55km/h (steering wheel icon turns green). The steering wheel icon will turn from green to white (inactive) at speeds above 60km/h from what I observed. This makes this feature kinda meaningless isn’t it? I hope I’m mistaken.

Also do you trust the steering assist? It makes me a bit nervous as it kind of bounces from the left to right lane marking when its active instead of driving in a straight line. If I recall correctly there was a car in front of me so it should be able to track the car.

Secondly the MRCC can only be activated above 30km/h. But say the car in front of you gradually comes to a stop when MRCC is active. Will the MRCC bring your car to a complete stop and apply HOLD to the brakes, or will the MRCC turn off below 30km/h? Mine does not have the Stop & Go function. Thanks!
Not sure about without Stop and Go but mine will bring it to a stop provided it is tracking the vehicle in front of you, indicated by the car symbol.

Not sure about CTS, not familiar with that acronym.

·
Registered
Mazda CX-30 GT
37 Posts
In Canada we do not have lane keeping assist function so our cars do not keep in the late, we only have lane departure assist which bounces us back slightly if we go out of lane and activates warning sounds but that will not keep us within the lane. Stop and go is present and indeed it will stop our car and apply hold.

·
Registered
2020 Mazda CX-30 SkyactivX GT Plus FWD AT - Polymetal Grey
40 Posts
If you have stop and go function it will stop and hold.
CTS will also help you keep your lane, at least this is what is written in the Romanian owner's manual.
MRCC needs your hands on the steering wheel as you only have lane departure assist, which will just put you back in the lane.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts