Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Update your profile
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone heard the axle slipping on sharp turns. Mine is a 2021 GS done only just under 3000 kms. I have heard it almost every time I have made a sharp turn with acceleration. Shouldn't happen.

·
Registered
AWD 2020 GT CX-30 ceramic coated
698 Posts
Has anyone heard the axle slipping on sharp turns. Mine is a 2021 GS done only just under 3000 kms. I have heard it almost every time I have made a sharp turn with acceleration. Shouldn't happen.
I have not noticed anything of such on my 2020 ... other then You can hear the rear DIF a little when more power in the rear is needed with the AWD and its a droning/ slight groan noise coming from the back other then that nothing else... and iv got 17800 km.. I assume its normal as its only there when the road is snow covered or slipperey and going up a steep incline or a more harder acceleration from a dead stop.

·
Update your profile
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have not noticed anything of such on my 2020 ... other then You can hear the rear DIF a little when more power in the rear is needed with the AWD and its a droning/ slight groan noise coming from the back other then that nothing else... and iv got 17800 km.. I assume its normal as its only there when the road is snow covered or slipperey and going up a steep incline or a more harder acceleration from a dead stop.
Hey. Thanks for the info. Now I know more about possible issues. But I know mine is the front transmission to the wheels. Its clearly an inner or outer axle. Will get it checked out at the dealership I bought it from. That sound makes me lose confidence in my ride.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Hey. Thanks for the info. Now I know more about possible issues. But I know mine is the front transmission to the wheels. Its clearly an inner or outer axle. Will get it checked out at the dealership I bought it from. That sound makes me lose confidence in my ride.
could be ice or snow buildup... not sure where you are in canada but i know on mine in the front when that brown ice slush from the road builds up between weekly washes.. i can hear a rubbing grinding noise in the front and when I power wash the under body with warm water and remove most of it.. the noise goes away... its been rally cold here -35 below zero C and got some snow before that.so things are frozen solid.. i did my weekly wash today and blasted most of that crap away as well as a under body spray with a thing on wheels and jets shooting up.. seems better now and front wheels are not rubbing any more. hope your issue is simple and not serious.

·
Update your profile
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
could be ice or snow buildup... not sure where you are in canada but i know on mine in the front when that brown ice slush from the road builds up between weekly washes.. i can hear a rubbing grinding noise in the front and when I power wash the under body with warm water and remove most of it.. the noise goes away... its been rally cold here -35 below zero C and got some snow before that.so things are frozen solid.. i did my weekly wash today and blasted most of that crap away as well as a under body spray with a thing on wheels and jets shooting up.. seems better now and front wheels are not rubbing any more. hope your issue is simple and not serious.
Exactly what I thought as well. That its the snow and sludge. But I never noticed any covariance between a good wash (including the undercarriage) and driven-in-snow for a week without a wash. I also wonder what’s the point if it cant stand the elements out brand-new here in Ontario. And if that’s true... how does Mazda with all its design and engineering philosophy, back-up the CX-30. I love everything about this car except this glitch right now. Spoils the fun.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Exactly what I thought as well. That its the snow and sludge. But I never noticed any covariance between a good wash (including the undercarriage) and driven-in-snow for a week without a wash. I also wonder what’s the point if it cant stand the elements out brand-new here in Ontario. And if that’s true... how does Mazda with all its design and engineering philosophy, back-up the CX-30. I love everything about this car except this glitch right now. Spoils the fun.
I wouldn't worry so much about it "not being able to handle the elements" This video is no BS. I never have the ability to plug mine in and so I opted to save the cash and have no block heater installed... it started like nothing sitting all night in a open parking lot @ -38 C and started with out hesitation..
The cx-30 overall has been great to me.. I am in northern Ontario BTW.. pretty harsh winters here.. and yah I wash it once a week only because its part of regular vehicle maintnace to me and Im OCD with a clean vehicle.. and the road salt etc is not good and I paid $1000 bux and had mine ceramic coated so i want to preserve that by keeping it clean and letting the ceramic coating do its job at protecting against chemicals such as road salt but in order for it to do that you still have to wash the thing.. I will never understand people who pay so much for a vehicle but never wash it ... get it checked out at the dealer im sure its minor... splash gurad or something loose like that..

·
Update your profile
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I wouldn't worry so much about it "not being able to handle the elements" This video is no BS. I never have the ability to plug mine in and so I opted to save the cash and have no block heater installed... it started like nothing sitting all night in a open parking lot @ -38 C and started with out hesitation..
The cx-30 overall has been great to me.. I am in northern Ontario BTW.. pretty harsh winters here.. and yah I wash it once a week only because its part of regular vehicle maintnace to me and Im OCD with a clean vehicle.. and the road salt etc is not good and I paid $1000 bux and had mine ceramic coated so i want to preserve that by keeping it clean and letting the ceramic coating do its job at protecting against chemicals such as road salt but in order for it to do that you still have to wash the thing.. I will never understand people who pay so much for a vehicle but never wash it ... get it checked out at the dealer im sure its minor... splash gurad or something loose like that..
Thanks a lot. Will def. write back after I have had it checked. And I agree. No issues with the temp. Just what gets thrown at the undercarriage. Anyway will get back soon.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts