Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All I recently have a brand new Mazda CX-30 FWD runs less than 5000KM, i noticed that there is a clunk or knocking sound came from front suspension when turning over speed bump diagonally or driveway kerb when turning left. What could it the issue be? And is this common problem from Mazda CX-30? Or is it normal? i wanna hear your opinions.

·
Registered
21 cx30 premium awd
310 Posts
Hi All I recently have a brand new Mazda CX-30 FWD runs less than 5000KM, i noticed that there is a clunk or knocking sound came from front suspension when turning over speed bump diagonally or driveway kerb when turning left. What could it the issue be? And is this common problem from Mazda CX-30? Or is it normal? i wanna hear your opinions.
I also hear it but only in certain situations such as encountering a bump while turning and only at lower speeds.

·
Registered
21 cx30 premium awd
310 Posts
My dealer ckd it out and found nothing amiss with suspension or its parts but asked me to keep an ear out and report back,,,,it seems to be either intermittent or only during certain situations as i said before

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Steve thanks for your opinions, i also checked it out with my local dealership and they found nothing. They inspected the suspension and everything is normal they said, but i still can hear it intermittently especially when the car still cold running. I also hear the clunking sound when the car turning onto parking lot ramp. Quite annoying for me :(

·
Registered
2020 Mazda CX30 Soul Red Select AWD
165 Posts
This sound is the front sway bar... It usually only does it the first drive of the day. Every recent Mazda I have owned does this... Normal. 2018 Mazda 3, 2020 CX-30 and 2022 CX-5 have all done this.

·
Registered
2021 Mazda CX30 GX AWD
13 Posts
Nothing about that is normal. Don't let the dealer tell you otherwise. Get the tech in the car and reproduce the sound if you can. If cant try and get a recording. Keep going back as big of a hassle as it is. They are hoping you'll give up until after warranty.

·
Registered
2021 Mazda CX30 GX AWD
13 Posts
Nothing about that is normal. Don't let the dealer tell you otherwise. Get the tech in the car and reproduce the sound if you can. If cant try and get a recording. Keep going back as big of a hassle as it is. They are hoping you'll give up until after warranty.

·
Registered
Mazda CX-30 eSkyactiv-X
2 Posts
And is this common problem from Mazda CX-30? Or is it normal? i wanna hear your opinions.
Mine does it too. I have, about a year old, CX-30 skyactivx made in Japan with around 9000km on it. I have a similar issue since day one.

When I go to work I pull up from the underground garage and at the end of the driveway where it connects to the main road there is a small kerb.

When I go over it, most times, I can hear a clunk/thump sound. It's not a sound of metal but rather like something hits a piece of plastic.

Sometimes it's barely noticable and sometimes it's very loud. It all depends on the angle of the steering wheel (how much I turn it to the left or right), the height if the kerb (it's uneven) and the speed if the car.

Everywhere else it happens very rarely. I've come to the conclusion that your steering wheel has to be turned to some degree and that has to be a sudden extension of the spring and then there will be some kind of kickback sound - clonk or a thump.

As long as the car (or wheel) has the contact with the surface everything will be fine no matter how many potholes or bumps I hit.

I've talked to Mazda and my dealer. Bottom line is no one will do anything until I'am able to reproduce the problem. So far I was unable to do so.

My dealer told me if I come back in August when they are less busy someone will drive with me back home so I can reproduce the sound in my driveway, since I'm unable to do it anywhere else.

I might take them up on this offer or not, I have 4-6 years of warranty to go through. I'm getting older and I have less energy for this consumer wars.

It's really a minor issue and I think it's due to the bad engineering. I think Mazda knows about it, dealers know about it but everybody is playing dumb because this is how it works with every brand.

I've noticed when I switch to my winter set which I intentionally "downgraded" to 16 inches, meaning less rim and fatter tyre, that the problem almost completely goes away.

Hope this helps. Sorry for the typos i'm on a mobile phone.

Cheers,

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 G25 Touring
35 Posts
Yeah thats the thing, in our car, this klunk noise happens once when we drive out of the garage...then its very hard to recreate. So, if I take it to the dealer, I wont be able to recreate it as it would have to be a specific way and after the car has been sitting cold for a while.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts