Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
2021 CX-30 S 2.5L white/black
270 Posts
We watch a show called Heavy Rescue 401 that's interesting and usually makes us glad to be just south of Houston in the winter.

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 GS AWD 2021 CX-30 GS FWD
88 Posts
Yep I am usually glad to be just south of Tallahassee in the winter!! Missed last year due to border restrictions.

·
Registered
2021 CX 30 2.5
5 Posts
Watching the instantaneous mileage one can quickly see that accelerations kill the fuel economy. Steady driving with slight variations in speed on the hilly terrain where I live have resulted in 32 mpg on average. About the same as the 2013 Buick Encore 1.4L turbo that this car replaced.
traded my trax (mokka for euro friends, and encore for buick) I had 35k miles on it and reset the average MPG when I got it. So for the whole time of the car from 4 miles to 35k I was at 29mpg average in the little 1.4L. I am hoping I can get 31-32 out of the cx30

·
Registered
21 cx30 premium awd
124 Posts
I am averaging , dash computed past 1000 miles, 33.2 u.s. mpg about 60% hwy, 40% town

·
Registered
2020 Mazda CX30 Soul Red Select AWD
138 Posts
2020 AWD SELECT

Over 28,000 miles I have averaged 31 MPG... Driving From up state NY down to Philadelphia today at 70mph I averaged 39mpg.

·
Registered
2020 Toyota Corolla Sedan SE (6-MT)
19 Posts
I've read that the Mazda 6-speed automatic behaves a lot better in sports-mode & should be left on 24/7 for the best driving experience (in terms of gear-hunting, upshifting & downshifting), so that will likely take a small toll on MPG if you choose that route.

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 GS FWD, Snowflake White
944 Posts
I've read that the Mazda 6-speed automatic behaves a lot better in sports-mode & should be left on 24/7 for the best driving experience (in terms of gear-hunting, upshifting & downshifting), so that will likely take a small toll on MPG if you choose that route.
it won't let you do that. I only use Sports mode to accelerate on an on-ramp to merge in a major highway and as soon as you set the cruise Sports-mode is disabled.

·
Registered
21 cx30 premium awd
124 Posts
Perhaps depending on driving style and con
ditions, but i do not find that to be so. Certainly not necessary

21 - 28 of 28 Posts