Registered
2020 Mazda CX-30 FWD Sport, Deep Crystal Blue Mica
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

·
Registered
G25 Touring - 2020 - Soul Red Crystal Metallic
107 Posts
Can I get the summary in English please?

I test drove a Yaris Cross (corolla not available here yet) and it was pretty awful.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No comparison in English yet, but here's a review of the Corolla Cross.

Reactions: Navii

·
Registered
2020 Mazda CX30 SEL LUX
120 Posts
couldn't understand a word BUT i found it entertaining when the smaller guy couldn't get the tailgate down, the look on his face was priceless lol

·
Registered
2020 Mazda CX30 SP (Sport Plus)
453 Posts
The Thai version is not a fair comparison for the rest of the world as here in Thailand the only engine available is the 2 liter 165hp engine which is still faster the the 142 combined hp of the Toyota. it you want gas mileage buy the Toyota as it is hybrid and CVT. If you want performance buy the Mazda. Even here in Thailand the Mazda will run rings around the Toyota.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, the Corolla Cross is finally coming Stateside, meaning there will be lots more comparisons with the CX-30.

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 GS FWD, Snowflake White
944 Posts

·
Registered
‘17 CX-9 Signature & ‘19 Mazda 3 GT
71 Posts
This will sell more than the CX-30 for sure having the Toyota badge coupled with its track record for reliability and the styling is conservative way better than the dud CH-R not to mention with the available AWD that CH-R was sorely lacking. won’t be surprised if eventually CH-R is discontinued down the road same fate as what happened to CX-3 soon as CX-30 cannibalized its sales. CX-3 was on the old smaller platform while CX-30 was on the newer platform so Toyota implementing the same strategy here with the Corolla Cross! Am sure it’s going to be a hit for them…

·
Registered
16 Posts
Tekz: I concur. The Corolla Cross will be a strong seller for Toyota...and a competitor to Mazda's CX-30. Pros: It'll be made at Toyota's new manufacturing facility that they share w/Mazda in Huntsville, Alabama; available AWD; the top model XLE will have lots of safety features including front & rear cross traffic alert with brake assist; like Mazda, LED lights all around; AWD will have independent rear suspension. CONs: 2 liter, 165 hp engine; CVT (traditional first gear though); no memory seats; no 360º camera; FWD will have torsion-beam rear suspension; will probably handle like a Corolla. Won't be on dealer lots until Sept or so; no pricing announced as of yet. We'll see how much of a CX-30 competitor it will be then...

·
Registered
71 Posts
Tekz: I concur. The Corolla Cross will be a strong seller for Toyota...and a competitor to Mazda's CX-30. Pros: It'll be made at Toyota's new manufacturing facility that they share w/Mazda in Huntsville, Alabama; available AWD; the top model XLE will have lots of safety features including front & rear cross traffic alert with brake assist; like Mazda, LED lights all around; AWD will have independent rear suspension. CONs: 2 liter, 165 hp engine; CVT (traditional first gear though); no memory seats; no 360º camera; FWD will have torsion-beam rear suspension; will probably handle like a Corolla. Won't be on dealer lots until Sept or so; no pricing announced as of yet. We'll see how much of a CX-30 competitor it will be then...
yes curious to find out how it does against the CX-30 but my gut tells me it’ll do well and better than the CX-30 and while I didn’t really look and considered the CX-30 when I shopped for a new vehicle at the time, this CC might be something worth looking at. Sure it only has a 2.0L engine and CVT but I’ve tested the Corolla HB and didn’t mind the engine & CVT combo plus ind rear suspension with the AWD as well as better fuel economy (under 8/100Km) with reports of hybrid versions planned in future as well. What I didn’t like about the CX-30 was the rear torsion beam setup despite having AWD and while styling is great just like other Mazda models, too prominent plastic cladding was a turn off to me. I considered the Seltos too but was afraid of their IVT having heard of numerous reliability issues to the point of whole tranny being replaced within the first year! We are considering downsizing from our current CX-9 in future (empty nesters) and could be looking at a subcompact CUV as a replacement.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Here's a closer look at the Corolla Cross.

·
Registered
2020 Mazda CX-30 GS AWD Crystal Blue Mica
68 Posts
I'm sure it will be a good car but he seldom sees anything he doesn't like about the cars he reviews. Usually puff pieces.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Here's another embargo review.

·
Premium Member
2021 CX-30 S 2.5L white/black
270 Posts
I want to see all the numbers on Edmunds to compare the CC and CX-30. I don't like the looks of the CC as much as the CX-30.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
The review embargo has finally been lifted.

·
Registered
71 Posts
This could hurt CX-30 sales…it still is bland (style wise) and slower with the weaker 2.0 engine and CVT but given it’s a Toyota with the “Corolla” name/badge on it will sell in boatloads (with Toyota’s track record for reliability). Not to mention having a larger cargo space than CX-30 and better fuel economy! This is what the CH-R should have been just like the CX-30 that should have been the CX-3. It will Likely lead to the CHR’s demise just like what CX-30 did to CX-3!

·
Registered
Preferred FWD / Deep Crystal Blue Mica
189 Posts
For $34,000 you can have a fully loaded CX-30 Turbo which drives better as MotoMan mentions in the video.
By the way, built in a Mazda factory which is own 50/50 with Toyota.

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 GS FWD, Snowflake White
944 Posts
I was watching a video from Alex on Autos (one of my top reviewers) and took some screen shots and compared them to my CX-30 GS, quite a let down to me on the way they are finishing the new Cross.
First was the engine compartment, and things that bug me when I check and compare this area. No engine cover to clean up top of the engine (not an expensive item but very effective) and no under hood sound pad, just the exposed cross members of the hood assembly (again a very cheap fix to make it so much better). And check out the engine size difference and transmissions.
Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive design

Automotive parking light Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive lighting

·
Registered
71 Posts
The CC will be for folks that just want reliable appliances taking them from pt A to B. If they want something that drives better, looks better with more engine and better interior materials then the CX-30 is the better choice…unfortunately majority of the buyers are in the former category.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts