Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Well, there is good news and bad news.

The bad news is that things like exhaust and/or intake won't get you much of a performance gain in an NA. That said, they can make the car sound more aggressive, which might make it more enjoyable to drive around.

$300 isn't a whole lot, but the good news is that you won't have to go down that (expensive) road of engine modifications. You can get an intake system that'll give you a few extra horsepower while making it sound more aggressive. You could do some cosmetic things like window tint, painting the calipers, plasti-dipping the badges, vinyl decals, etc.

Other more functional things might include a dashcam, a radar detector, etc.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, there is good news and bad news.

The bad news is that things like exhaust and/or intake won't get you much of a performance gain in an NA. That said, they can make the car sound more aggressive, which might make it more enjoyable to drive around.

$300 isn't a whole lot, but the good news is that you won't have to go down that (expensive) road of engine modifications. You can get an intake system that'll give you a few extra horsepower while making it sound more aggressive. You could do some cosmetic things like window tint, painting the calipers, plasti-dipping the badges, vinyl decals, etc.

Other more functional things might include a dashcam, a radar detector, etc.
I have already bought a radar detector and have some wrap on my car and the interior, but do you have any recommendations for an intake system and where to get one? I’ve been looking at various exhausts recently and I’m not sure what to get or if I would need a specific kind. Any help would be appreciated

·
Registered
66 Posts
CorkSport is one of the few that offer something explicitly for the CX-30 ($190 USD):

Of course, a clever person would notice that they sell the same intakes for both CX-30 and Mazda 3...which would suggest that you might be able to find even more intake options for your CX-30 by Googling for Mazda 3 intakes. After all, we already know Mazda 3 exhaust fits the CX-30 and vice versa.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
CorkSport is one of the few that offer something explicitly for the CX-30 ($190 USD):

Of course, a clever person would notice that they sell the same intakes for both CX-30 and Mazda 3...which would suggest that you might be able to find even more intake options for your CX-30 by Googling for Mazda 3 intakes. After all, we already know Mazda 3 exhaust fits the CX-30 and vice versa.

Alright thank you so much!! I really appreciate the help. One final question: is installation easy enough? I have never personally modified my engine although I have many people who have that I know so they could help, and if something isn’t how I like it is it easy to uninstall as well?

·
Registered
66 Posts
It's super easy, maybe 10 minutes (or more if it's your first time). You can find everything you need on YouTube 👍

·
Premium Member
2021 CX-30 S 2.5L white/black
365 Posts
Wellvisor side window visors are roughly $75 for a set of 4 compared to over $200 for a dealer set. They don't have as good coverage as Weathertech but only cost about half as much. Not a bad upgrade for the money. Also, they make storage cubbies that go into the door pull opening so small things like a ChapStick, small medicine bottle with quarters for car wash etc. or other small things can be right at hand.

·
Premium Member
365 Posts
The pedals look really good but are they slippery with wet shoes during rain? They look less grippy than stock. I'd like more grippy, if anything.

·
Premium Member
365 Posts
The rubber makes them grippy.
Ok, I thought they were slotted and that was the original black underneath showing through. Now I know I can see it's rubber overlay. Do you have a link to the source?

·
Registered
2020 Mazda CX30 SP (Sport Plus)
488 Posts
Have a link to the pedals? How difficult was the install?
Not difficult. The gas pedal slips over the existing pedal, the brake pedal also slips over but you need to take the existing rubber cover off and then slip the new cover over the medal pedal. The dead pedal has 2 sided tape but I used contact cement to make sure it would not come off as I don't trust double sided tape. No tool needed. Been on for a year and still look like new. They are very good quality.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts