Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner
21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
Mazda CX30 SP 2021
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I think the program is in all of them. My preferred came with the card as a $450 option according to the window sticker
yep, tested today and the car didn't even read or recognized the sd card. Did nothing when I put it in. I bought a micro sd card and used an sd card adapter to put it in my car. because micro sd was too small.
So yes, I need that program in the card. Then I can do the map thing. Have any idea where I can get that program?

·
Registered
'21 CX-30 2.5 Sky G Pref AWD Red
157 Posts
yep, tested today and the car didn't even read or recognized the sd card. Did nothing when I put it in. I bought a micro sd card and used an sd card adapter to put it in my car. because micro sd was too small.
So yes, I need that program in the card. Then I can do the map thing. Have any idea where I can get that program?
As said, I think the program is in the car. But, it is looking for a formatted card. Your asking it to sign a blank check - not going to happen. It needs to see files, format, whatever comes on the card, before it will stamp it with the VIN and exchange info.

·
Registered
Mazda CX30 SP 2021
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 · (Edited)

·
Registered
Mazda CX30 SP 2021
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
UPDATE:
a friend of mine told me he hacked his navigation on his Mazda 2, and told me his technician can hack mine too for around 30usd. He can use navigation and also touch screen too.

a stupid question maybe but need to ask: Mazda cx30 is not designed for touch screen, right? I mean there is no way to hack it and make it a touch screen? because to block it and not to design for it are different things. If it's not designed for it there is no way to make it a touch screen because the screen has no system in it. But if it's just blocked and the screen is actually designed for touch screen, then it is possible to make it touch screen.

·
Registered
'21 CX-30 2.5 Sky G Pref AWD Red
157 Posts
UPDATE:
a friend of mine told me he hacked his navigation on his Mazda 2, and told me his technician can hack mine too for around 30usd. He can use navigation and also touch screen too.

a stupid question maybe but need to ask: Mazda cx30 is not designed for touch screen, right? I mean there is no way to hack it and make it a touch screen? because to block it and not to design for it are different things. If it's not designed for it there is no way to make it a touch screen because the screen has no system in it. But if it's just blocked and the screen is actually designed for touch screen, then it is possible to make it touch screen.
I very much doubt they would put a touch screen in and not use it. As for hacking the system - you are likely to void the warranty, end up paying Mazda to fix your car, or both. IMO The navigation is not even that good. I like the little speed limit display, but so far, prefer my phone for directions.

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 GS FWD, Snowflake White
944 Posts
UPDATE:

the CX-30 is a next gen infotainment system and not designed for touch in any way, previous models were and were smaller screens. But the question is why would you even want it to be touch when it works better without?
If you even attempted this you might as well kiss your warranty for your audio system goodbye and also all the Command controls in your console are now obsolete and just decoration.

Reactions: ThaiMeow and KAB

·
Registered
Mazda CX30 SP 2021
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
This card contains the map for North America. Should look for the Thai map part number (Not sure which part number is)
hi again,
I'm sorry I don't know about navigation maps or sd cards. So I'm not sure what are you saying with 'part number' BUT the Mazda Thailand website has a tool program ready to download. It's for update the map too. When I start the program it's asking for the sd card. So, the plan can be like this: buy the sd card you send the link, put it into the car, let the car put it's VN number into the sd card, put the card into the computer, let's see if the tool program will recognize the card or not. If yes, do the download and be happy. If not, give up lol
thanks

·
Registered
Mazda CX30 SP 2021
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
I very much doubt they would put a touch screen in and not use it. As for hacking the system - you are likely to void the warranty, end up paying Mazda to fix your car, or both. IMO The navigation is not even that good. I like the little speed limit display, but so far, prefer my phone for directions.
Actually, you are right, I'm also ok with the map apps I can use on the car, but as you can understand I just want to be able to use a function which my car has. But it seems I need to give up on this matter... sadly..

the CX-30 is a next gen infotainment system and not designed for touch in any way, previous models were and were smaller screens. But the question is why would you even want it to be touch when it works better without?
If you even attempted this you might as well kiss your warranty for your audio system goodbye and also all the Command controls in your console are now obsolete and just decoration.
Thanks, Like I said I probably give up. But want to use the function, that's all. You might be right with the hacking thing but my friend is using his car for like 5 years now hacked and no problem at all.

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 i Sport - Sonic Silver
40 Posts
hi again,
I'm sorry I don't know about navigation maps or sd cards. So I'm not sure what are you saying with 'part number' BUT the Mazda Thailand website has a tool program ready to download. It's for update the map too. When I start the program it's asking for the sd card. So, the plan can be like this: buy the sd card you send the link, put it into the car, let the car put it's VN number into the sd card, put the card into the computer, let's see if the tool program will recognize the card or not. If yes, do the download and be happy. If not, give up lol
thanks
Don't worry, will try to explain detailed:

The program to download you mention is Mazda Update Toolbox (Toolbox from now on)? Mazda

Assuming yes, and it runs same way for north america maps: The Toolbox updates maps, but it expects a "Original" SD card from Mazda containing, in advance, the map and software on the SD. This is, it reads the content, associates it to a VIN and then provides access to map updates. It does not download / writes maps to a blank SD card unless you are performing a restore from a previous backup or you are buying maps from the tool (Paid, of course, not free)

So, inserting a blank SD card should not work, as the Toolbox will not recognize the card as a valid one.

The "official" SD cards with the maps already installed are sold as a part number, just as if it is a replacement part like a spark plug or a taillight. For example, mine with the North America Maps is part number BDGF-66EZ1. Maps for other regions should have different part numbers.

Also, once you have the "original" SD card, you have to input first in your car, so the navigation system of the car "recognizes" the card (Even if maps are old) and then writes the VIN to the card. That way the SD card is "tied" to your VIN and when updated in Toolbox app, it activates the 3-year-free-updates just for your car.

In a nutshell, is very likely you need to buy the SD card with the maps already there, and not use any blank SD card; that way you need to buy that feature as an add-on and not use just a blank SD card you can have at home. Actually, the "Navigation" (That at the end is just the SD card) is sold in Mexico as an additional feature, and not as something you can activate for free. Once you have purchased the SD card with the maps it allows you 3 years of free updates as part of the deal. The problem is that in a dealer the SD card costs about USD 400; but the same in ebay-like sites costs USD 40...

Please Forum Community: if you have a different info that the stated above, feel free to correct me

·
Registered
Mazda CX30 SP 2021
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Don't worry, will try to explain detailed:

The program to download you mention is Mazda Update Toolbox (Toolbox from now on)? Mazda

Assuming yes, and it runs same way for north america maps: The Toolbox updates maps, but it expects a "Original" SD card from Mazda containing, in advance, the map and software on the SD. This is, it reads the content, associates it to a VIN and then provides access to map updates. It does not download / writes maps to a blank SD card unless you are performing a restore from a previous backup or you are buying maps from the tool (Paid, of course, not free)

So, inserting a blank SD card should not work, as the Toolbox will not recognize the card as a valid one.

The "official" SD cards with the maps already installed are sold as a part number, just as if it is a replacement part like a spark plug or a taillight. For example, mine with the North America Maps is part number BDGF-66EZ1. Maps for other regions should have different part numbers.

Also, once you have the "original" SD card, you have to input first in your car, so the navigation system of the car "recognizes" the card (Even if maps are old) and then writes the VIN to the card. That way the SD card is "tied" to your VIN and when updated in Toolbox app, it activates the 3-year-free-updates just for your car.

In a nutshell, is very likely you need to buy the SD card with the maps already there, and not use any blank SD card; that way you need to buy that feature as an add-on and not use just a blank SD card you can have at home. Actually, the "Navigation" (That at the end is just the SD card) is sold in Mexico as an additional feature, and not as something you can activate for free. Once you have purchased the SD card with the maps it allows you 3 years of free updates as part of the deal. The problem is that in a dealer the SD card costs about USD 400; but the same in ebay-like sites costs USD 40...

Please Forum Community: if you have a different info that the stated above, feel free to correct me
Great info, thanks a lot.
Your explanation make lot of sense. Yes, i think i need an original card then can use it.
About the part number thing. As i mentioned before mazda does not produce navigation sd card for asia. There are only 3 lucky countries they do produce for; turkey, russia and the usa. So im kind of sure there is no part number for this in thailand.
Your way can only work if i can find a card which is not used before and the link you provided says that which is perfect. Bad news is that the same link mentions they dont ship it to thailand lol. But i will try to contact to seller directly.
Thanks again.
If you can find another card link like this pleade let me know. Thanks

·
Registered
CX-30 GT Turbo
69 Posts
It's likely Mazda doesn't actually have the mapping information for Thailand, which is why they don't sell navigation there.

·
Registered
Mazda CX30 SP 2021
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
It's likely Mazda doesn't actually have the mapping information for Thailand, which is why they don't sell navigation there.
well they have everything on their thailand website tho... i already downloaded mazda toolbox and just need to buy a Mazda card

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 i Sport - Sonic Silver
40 Posts
well they have everything on their thailand website tho... i already downloaded mazda toolbox and just need to buy a Mazda card
In the following post are listed some part numbers for maps in different regions, maybe can help you to track the corresponding part number for you...

·
Registered
Mazda CX30 SP 2021
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
In the following post are listed some part numbers for maps in different regions, maybe can help you to track the corresponding part number for you...

thnx

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 GT Polymetal Gray
68 Posts
This is my 3rd Mazda and the brakes work the same way.

What I like is the very progressive feel of Mazda brakes. When I get into another car typically I find them “grabby” where often the range of pressure to modulate is very narrow

·
Registered
Mazda CX30 SP 2021
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 · (Edited)
I'm also looking for the Map. can you please give us update?

สวัสดีครับ
Hi.
There is no navigation sd card for mazda in thailand. Sorry.
But there might be a way (thanks to user id camatz01) you can buy any mazda navigation sd card from any website (not used) Then put it in your car. Your car will put its code into that. Then download the mazda toolbox program from mazda thailand website.
It can work. Thats what i will do next month. If you do before me please update.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi.
There is no navigation sd card for mazda in thailand. Sorry.
But there might be a way (thanks to user id camatz01) you can buy any mazda navigation sd card from any website (not used) Then put it in your car. Your car will put its code into that. Then download the mazda toolbox program from mazda thailand website.
It can work. Thats what i will do next month. If you do before me please update.
i read his message but my feel worry about the map in Thailand may not be available in the mazda toolbox.
Anyway, this is the best potential solution.

I'm waiting for your test. :)

Thank you

21 - 40 of 47 Posts