Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Some good news I guess for owners of 2020 DM Mazda CX-30 Base Model that did not come with working Factory CarPlay and Android Auto.

This feature activation can now be done ONLY via a Mazda Service Dealer using MDARS (Mazda Dealer and Repair Software), Access with correct Mazda VCM-II (pass-through) and Dealer Online Portal.
There is NO addition hardware (parts) that has to be installed.
About a 10 minute operation done by your Mazda Dealer.
Which must have latest MDARS on PC and Latest .kwi Firmware NA01_11012 Installed in the Cars CMU.

This Activation apples to North American NA01..
2020 DM Mazda CX-30 in Standard Base Trim. (also 2019-2020 BP Mazda 3 ).

I believe other countries/regions will follow soon (about 3 months) which sold the Base Models.

The cost, well that is up to Mazda Dealer Service Department, if you bought the car from them it should be done for free. (IMO)

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
NEW Connect II FIRMWARE also now available for all CX-30 for NA01 North America markets ONLY....USA, Canada.
CMU_7000C0A-NA01_11012.kwi

DO NOT INSTALL NA03 FIRMWARE MEANT Only for 2021 CX-5 AND CX-9 ONLY!!

See Signature below for download links, instructions..

·
Registered
2020 Mazda CX-30 Deep Crystal Blue Mica - Premium
179 Posts
I will ToresMcGoats be doing the software update sometime today from 11002 to 11012 today. I've already done one successful upgrade in the past so should go smooth. The changelog mentions adding fix for "next street showing incorrectly at top of screen" Does this mean it will finally get the feature that we used to have on the cx-3? Where we're not even in the nav it would show you the upcoming Street? Fingers crossed🤞🤞

·
Registered
50 Posts
Some good news I guess for owners of 2020 DM Mazda CX-30 Base Model that did not come with working Factory CarPlay and Android Auto.

This feature activation can now be done ONLY via a Mazda Service Dealer using MDARS (Mazda Dealer and Repair Software), Access with correct Mazda VCM-II (pass-through) and Dealer Online Portal.
There is NO addition hardware (parts) that has to be installed.
About a 10 minute operation done by your Mazda Dealer.
Which must have latest MDARS on PC and Latest .kwi Firmware NA01_11012 Installed in the Cars CMU.

This Activation apples to North American NA01..
2020 DM Mazda CX-30 in Standard Base Trim. (also 2019-2020 BP Mazda 3 ).

I believe other countries/regions will follow soon (about 3 months) which sold the Base Models.

The cost, well that is up to Mazda Dealer Service Department, if you bought the car from them it should be done for free. (IMO)
Why didn't these cars come with it straight from the factory?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Why didn't these cars come with it straight from the factory?
Heck yeah.
They could advertise it as standard across the range to get a leg up on the competition.
That is as dumb as if they installed all the hardware for navigation and disabled it for lack of a cheap chip they mark way up to retrofit.
Oh... right... they do that too.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Heck yeah.
They could advertise it as standard across the range to get a leg up on the competition.
That is as dumb as if they installed all the hardware for navigation and disabled it for lack of a cheap chip.
Yea that's what I mean. Seems kind of rediculous to set it up after the fact lol. Real counter intuitive, but obviously they have their reasons

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Heck yeah.
That is as dumb as if they installed all the hardware for navigation and disabled it for lack of a cheap chip they mark way up to retrofit.
While I sort of agree with you Mazda does Not own the Navigation company, so yeah a cheap SD Card it is , but the licencing of the HERE Navi someone has to pay and it is always in the final price of car.
The CarPlay and AA is similar, but clearly the hardware in 7th gen is already in the car, so why not activate it.
All marketing points and sometimes just oversight, who knows Mazda may now be Advertising the 2021 base model with CP/AA now as standard, I have not looked.
Another interesting point once the Dealer Activates CP/AA it can not be undone, but why would you.
All good in the end :)

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just to clarify a few things..
This Activation of CarPlay and Android Auto ONLY applies to current DM Mazda CX-30 in BASE Trim,
it does Not apply to older Discontinued MAZDAs.

To have a successful Activation in Base Model Mazda CX-30 your car Must have the latest Firmware already installed and working FIRST, it is CMU_7000C0A-NA01_11012.kwi as this ONLY applies to North America sold cars as they have the correct Firmware available to their Dealers, or you can download and install yourself IF YOU ARE IN NORTH AMERICA ONLY, see link below.

BUT, the Dealer must do actual activation with MDARS.

As there are not that many Base Models sold, YOUR DEALER may not even be aware of this simple update,
You may have to tell them, do this when you are in for next Service and ask them, if they are unsure tell them to contact their Hotline for help.
Don't assume they will do update without you saying anything, get Service Advisor to 'note it' on your cars Repair Order.

FOR THE REST OF THE MAZDA WORLD...:)
YOU WILL HAVE TO WAIT
for a Later version EU01_110xx.kwi FIRMWARE used for EUROPE and UK,
and 4A01_110xx.kwi used for Australia/NZ/OCEANIA/ASIA.
I predict less than 6 months.

DO NOT INSTALL FIRMWARE THAT IS NOT FOR YOUR COUNTRY/REGION.

DO NOT INSTALL new NA03_110xx.kwi FIRMWARE FOR UPDATED CX-5 AND CX-9.
ONLY INSTALL the new NA01_11012.kwi for North American CX-30s

1 - 8 of 8 Posts