Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

Mazda Dealer ACTIVATION to get working CarPlay and Android Auto in Base Model

18K views 48 replies 15 participants last post by  od.reckle5z 
#1 · (Edited)
Some good news I guess for owners of 2020 DM Mazda CX-30 Base Model that did not come with working Factory CarPlay and Android Auto.

This feature activation can now be done ONLY via a Mazda Service Dealer using MDARS (Mazda Dealer and Repair Software), Access with correct Mazda VCM-II (pass-through) and Dealer Online Portal.
There is NO addition hardware (parts) that has to be installed.
About a 10 minute operation done by your Mazda Dealer.
Which must have latest MDARS on PC and Latest .kwi Firmware NA01_11012 Installed in the Cars CMU.

This Activation apples to North American NA01..
2020 DM Mazda CX-30 in Standard Base Trim. (also 2019-2020 BP Mazda 3 ).

I believe other countries/regions will follow soon (about 3 months) which sold the Base Models.

The cost, well that is up to Mazda Dealer Service Department, if you bought the car from them it should be done for free. (IMO)

Added below the How To .Pdf from MNAO to their Mazda Dealers, again this is ONLY for the Base Model CX-30 and 2019~ Mazda3 (BP) which came from factory without CP/AA, NO NEW PARTS ARE NEEDED, Only Mazda Connect Firmware from version 11012 or later like 12004 is the minimum Firmware requirement.

from MNAO TSB

Attachments

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
NEW Connect II FIRMWARE also now available for all CX-30 for NA01 North America markets ONLY....USA, Canada.
CMU_7000C0A-NA01_11012.kwi

DO NOT INSTALL NA03 FIRMWARE MEANT Only for 2021 CX-5 AND CX-9 ONLY!!

If you want to update your Connect Firmware "Message" me PRIVATELY FOR LINKS for Latest Firmware, Must click on my Avatar 'Start Conversation' or "Message"

#3 ·
I will ToresMcGoats be doing the software update sometime today from 11002 to 11012 today. I've already done one successful upgrade in the past so should go smooth. The changelog mentions adding fix for "next street showing incorrectly at top of screen" Does this mean it will finally get the feature that we used to have on the cx-3? Where we're not even in the nav it would show you the upcoming Street? Fingers crossed🤞🤞

#4 ·
Some good news I guess for owners of 2020 DM Mazda CX-30 Base Model that did not come with working Factory CarPlay and Android Auto.

This feature activation can now be done ONLY via a Mazda Service Dealer using MDARS (Mazda Dealer and Repair Software), Access with correct Mazda VCM-II (pass-through) and Dealer Online Portal.
There is NO addition hardware (parts) that has to be installed.
About a 10 minute operation done by your Mazda Dealer.
Which must have latest MDARS on PC and Latest .kwi Firmware NA01_11012 Installed in the Cars CMU.

This Activation apples to North American NA01..
2020 DM Mazda CX-30 in Standard Base Trim. (also 2019-2020 BP Mazda 3 ).

I believe other countries/regions will follow soon (about 3 months) which sold the Base Models.

The cost, well that is up to Mazda Dealer Service Department, if you bought the car from them it should be done for free. (IMO)
Why didn't these cars come with it straight from the factory?

#8 ·
Just to clarify a few things..
This Activation of CarPlay and Android Auto ONLY applies to current DM Mazda CX-30 in BASE Trim,
it does Not apply to older Discontinued MAZDAs.

To have a successful Activation in Base Model Mazda CX-30 your car Must have the latest Firmware already installed and working FIRST, it is CMU_7000C0A-NA01_11012.kwi as this ONLY applies to North America sold cars as they have the correct Firmware available to their Dealers, or you can download and install yourself IF YOU ARE IN NORTH AMERICA ONLY, see link below.

BUT, the Dealer must do actual activation with MDARS.

As there are not that many Base Models sold, YOUR DEALER may not even be aware of this simple update,
You may have to tell them, do this when you are in for next Service and ask them, if they are unsure tell them to contact their Hotline for help.
Don't assume they will do update without you saying anything, get Service Advisor to 'note it' on your cars Repair Order.

FOR THE REST OF THE MAZDA WORLD...:)
YOU WILL HAVE TO WAIT
for a Later version EU01_110xx.kwi FIRMWARE used for EUROPE and UK,
and 4A01_110xx.kwi used for Australia/NZ/OCEANIA/ASIA.
I predict less than 6 months.

DO NOT INSTALL FIRMWARE THAT IS NOT FOR YOUR COUNTRY/REGION.

DO NOT INSTALL new NA03_110xx.kwi FIRMWARE FOR UPDATED CX-5 AND CX-9.
ONLY INSTALL the new NA01_11012.kwi for North American CX-30s

#9 ·
Just purchased a 2020cx-30 and had no idea that it didn’t have apple CarPlay, but I’m glad I found this, anyone can explain what do I need to do?

do I need to install the update first and than just go to the dealership for activation?
Or they do the whole thing?
I called one dealer and they told me they don’t have the update so they can’t do anything about it, than the second one told me that they need to install some hardware that cost 140$.
TIA

#10 · (Edited)
NO, What I wrote above IS Correct I do not make it up

As I said there IS NO HARDWARE to install, the Dealer quoting $140 is wrong.
Tell them to look at their Service Alerts for mid OCTOBER 2020.
As I said above THE DEALER has to use their MDARS to do this fast Upgrade.
YES as I said above YOU (owner) can install the Firmware to updated one IF you want to, but again the DEALER has to Activate with MDARS.
IF you are in North America you install CMU_7000C0A-NA01_11012.kwi

I will post a Video so you can Show your Dealer how to do it....
TAKE it to your SELLING Dealer and tell them they are useless IF they give you any more BS.

#11 · (Edited)
OK, sorry I get sick of F...ing incompetent Mazda Dealer Service Departments.
This was dated around 15th October, 2020.
Here is a MP4 Video, downloads from Link about 3.1MB, put it on a flash drive and show to your Dealer.
Tells them HOW TO DO IT. :)
Video Link from MEGA
I wont keep this active forever...

For USA CX-30 This is the Firmware and Link and Directions to Download and install.
NA01

WARNING, IF your 2020 has a Later VERSION of Firmware a Higher Number do not install...NA_11012.kwi
Example of a HIGHER or Later Firmware than in server and what I suggested above.
Car MUST have ..installed to active CP/AA by Mazda Dealer.
CMU_7000C0A-NA01_11012.kwi or higher or a later version.
BUT your car could have a later version, therefore you do not install any new Firmware just get Mazda Dealer to Activate it by Dealer Only MDARS, see video.
A few examples only of Higher or Later firmware version that 'could be' these below do not exist, just an example..
CMU_7000C0A-NA01_11016.kwi
CMU_7000C0A-NA01_11037.kwi
CMU_7000C0A-NA01_11109.kwi

Download the PDF UPDATE PROCEDURE and you can work out HOW TO Check 'what Firmware version' is in your Mazda right now, again IF it is below CMU_7000C0A-NA01_11012.kwi , like example CMU_7000C0A-NA01_10026.kwi , then you must update it to 11012.kwi., then have your Dealer Activate for working CP/AA.

#15 ·
update!! I was able to get them to agree to activate the feature to sweeten the purchase deal for me on top of what was negotiated! Unfortunately, service closed before I signed so I’ll have to go back to have it done. At that location I was told they charge a $99 fee for this. (Findlay Mazda Las Vegas)

#19 ·
Hi. I recently purchased a 2020 AWD Base - luckily read this beforehand. I sent the service director the TSB Number and date - the info here was GREAT! And it works!

Here is a link to the # that I was able to find:

They had to go through the whole root system - took a while. They put me in a loaner for 1.5 days (turns out the greater problem was reprogramming the second fob - go figure). Either way, they treated me right and having the actual TSB number was a big help in helping them know this is legit.

Great info on this thread. Thank you!

#20 · (Edited)
MNAO FAQ BULLETIN IN ABOVE LINK IS 70% CONFUSION AND SHOULD NOT BE COMBING THE TWO DIFFERENT SYSTEM CONCERNING 'MAZDA/MZD CONNECT"
It is a complete mismatch of information with TWO DIFFERENT Connect SYSTEMS and is not a Japan TSB.

ONLY the CX-30, BP Mazda 3 from 2019, 2021 CX-5 and CX-9 use the latest .kwi Firmware and the activation for CP/AA is done through MDARS (Dealer Diagnostics), there is no extra Hardware Installations.
The Only instruction a DEALER needs to do is with MDARS and the Mazda How To Video I posted, that is all to get a working CP/AA. See my post #11 above for Video.

This Bulleting FAQ is talking about Navigation and cars fitted with Genuine Mazda Phone Cable Conversion Set Kit (P/N C922-V6-605) installation of and showing the installation/repair of the cables later in this TSB, this is ONLY used for 2014- 2020 Mazda models listed and CAN NOT AND DOES NOT USE MDARS to Activate CP/AA.

___
Leroy the TSB Link you posted is not really related to this Thread and is really for Dealer use only not Customers as it may cause confusion.
The issue about your Dealer having trouble Re-Programming second Fob again has Nothing to do with CP/AA activation in this thread.
The Reason your Dealer was having Issues is becasue maybe they were Activation Mazda Connected Services for Remote Start etc, and MyMazda App it has nothing to do with CP/AA Activation.

Again for 'legit' CP/AA Activation on BASE Models CX-30 and Mazda 3 See the Video Instruction, this is all a Dealer has to do.
MAZDA CONNECTED SERVICES Activation (where model applicable) is another different process. :)

#21 · (Edited)
Well, I apologize if I posted the 'wrong' link. What I do know is that I sent that link to the service director. When I brought the car back a few days after delivery because a fob was not working, he told me his tech looked at the link and thought he could get apple CarPlay working on my car.

After 1.5 days I got my car back with both fobs working. I also now have Apple CarPlay where I did not before. Woohoo.

So wrong link or not, it helped my dealer add something to my 2020 base that it didn't originally have. And in the words of Forrest Gump, that's all I have to say about that. :)

I guess I should add that the only reason I posted this is to potentially help others in NA with a base model who may also enjoy Apple Carplay.

#22 ·
Yeah mate, that is why I posted this thread as the starter of this thread to help others :)
And it does work, it is legit.

And as I said your issue with Fob was to do with Connected Services Not the CP/AA Activation as they are two separate things and or issues and really nothing to do with each other.
CSP06 and now including new CPS07 (recall) is for Mazda Connected Services TCU updating below.
MAZDA CONNECTED SERVICES FAQs

All good

#35 ·
All new Firmware out for 7th gen Connect, for CX-30*

North America
*CMU_7000C0A-NA01_12002.kwi * NON Turbo Engine. Mazda3 and CX-30 Built BEFORE July 1st 2021.
CMU_7000C0A-NA02_11036.kwi * MX-30 Only.
CMU_7000C0A-NA03_11040.kwi * CX-5 + CX-9 2021 on with 10.25 inch center display.
*CMU_7000C0A-NA04_12002.kwi * TURBO ENGINE Mazda3 + CX-30 TURBO Built before July 1st 2021.
CMU_7000C0A-NA05_11014.kwi * CX-50 (VA) North America ONLY.
*CMU_7000C0A-NA06_12012.kwi * Mazda3 and CX-30 Turbo Built AFTER July 1st 2021 to present also with TCU (Telematics Communication Unit).

Europe and UK
*CMU_7000C0A-EU01_11000.kwi * Mazda3 and CX-30.
CMU_7000C0A-EU02_11020.kwi * MX-30 Only.
CMU_7000C0A-EU03_10028.kwi * CX-5 (CX-9 Russia) with 10.25 inch center display.
CMU_7000C0A-EU07_14004.kwi * CX-60 (KH).

AU/NZ and Asia
*CMU_7000C0A-4A01_10047.kwi * Mazda3 and CX-30.
CMU_7000C0A-4A02_11xxx.kwi * MX-30. (Do Not have any copies).
CMU_7000C0A-4A03_1xxxx.kwi * CX-5 + CX-9 2021 on with 10.25 inch center display.(Do Not have copies).
CMU_7000C0A-4A07_14xxx.kwi * CX-60 (Do Not have any copies).

ONLY update if you in car number is LOWER than listed above like EU01_10041 you install EU01_11000.

#38 · (Edited)
It has NOTHING to do with your USB Hub no Hardware is replaced with CX-30.
You are confusing your 7th Generation Mazda Connect CX-30 with 6th Generation Mazda Connect which are TOTALLY DIFFERENT set ups.

I will repeat again....

YOU have to get your MAZDA Dealer TO ACTIVATE it with MDARS Diagnostics.