Administrator
2020 CX-30 Skyactiv-X MHEV GT Sport Tech
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
Mazda CX-30 Skyactiv-X i-Active
8 Posts
For those who bought a car recently (2021), will they get some sort of update?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I got one of the first updated cx-30’s at the end of January and am very happy with it. It is quiet, has plenty of options included as standard and as long as you don’t expect it to be a sports car, has enough poke for everyday use.

Initially I missed the turbo from my old Audi A3 but that car cost me a small fortune when the auto gear box failed after 36,000 miles and I had to buy a new one. With The Audi, the torque induced acceleration was all over at 3000 revs. However the Mazda just gets going at that figure, with maximum torque at 4000.

I have the automatic on my cx-30. It’s smoother than the Audi but not quite so quick to change and you have to rev it a bit more to accelerate quickly. If you switch it into sport, you get tighter steering and better torque as the baseline revs are higher. . Fuel consumption is excellent considering the size of the engine. On a long trip it gave 47 MPG.

I tested it with the Volvo Cx 40 but felt much more connected to the road in the Mazda. I’m hoping Mazda’s reputation for reliability will apply to this model

·
Registered
2021, Mazda CX 30, SkyActiv X, GT Sport
5 Posts
I have been very happy with my CX 30 Skyactiv X and the overall performance is great, but I do think it needs a little more torque in the lower revs.

I've read about the Spirit 1.1 update but I'm not sure if this be extended outside of Japan to Europe? I hope we do get the update considering I only bought the car last month.

·
Administrator
2020 CX-30 Skyactiv-X MHEV GT Sport Tech
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have been very happy with my CX 30 Skyactiv X and the overall performance is great, but I do think it needs a little more torque in the lower revs.

I've read about the Spirit 1.1 update but I'm not sure if this be extended outside of Japan to Europe? I hope we do get the update considering I only bought the car last month.
I've not had mine four months so I feel much the same.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts