Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Mazda CX-30 premium AWD
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am taking delivery of a new CX-30 AWD premium next week. The Nova Scotia dealership quoted $500 Canadian for the navigation card! I passed, opting to use Google maps on my iPhone. I found navigation cards on Amazon for $50 but am hesitating until I get some feedback on how and if they work. Any suggestions would be appreciate.

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 GS FWD, Snowflake White
660 Posts
all is revealed here

I bought the card from Amazon Canada for about $78 works great and have also updated it for free too. The dealership prices are ridiculous!

helps to use the search box.

Reactions: tekz

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
all is revealed here

I bought the card from Amazon Canada for about $78 works great and have also updated it for free too. The dealership prices are ridiculous!

helps to use the search box.
Thank you!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I bought the navigation card from Amazon Canada for $81. Paid $10 for new SD card, cloned navigation card on it. Sent back and got refund $81 from Amazon. So total price for GPS navigation map - $10!!!
Wow!

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 Premium Polymetal Gray Metallic
86 Posts
I just updated to the new map update without any problems. I took a quick drive around town and didn’t notice any changes. I’ll keep my eye on things. There were some speed limits that were wrong on some state roads that I hope have been updated as the speed limit changes are several years old.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I just updated to the new map update without any problems. I took a quick drive around town and didn’t notice any changes. I’ll keep my eye on things. There were some speed limits that were wrong on some state roads that I hope have been updated as the speed limit changes are several years old.
How do you update the card?

·
Registered
86 Posts
How do you update the card?
I believe the link below will get you to the Canadian web site for downloading the Mazda Toolbox software that is used to backup, then update your Navigation SD card.

The above is the FAQ info. Below is a link for the actual update.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I believe the link below will get you to the Canadian web site for downloading the Mazda Toolbox software that is used to backup, then update your Navigation SD card.

The above is the FAQ info. Below is a link for the actual update.

Really Appreciated. Thank you.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Your welcome. By the way, I got my Navigation card off eBay over a year ago (December, 2019) and it’s worked flawlessly and this was the third map update I’ve done without any problems. It does take some time to do the whole process, about a half an hour or so as I recall.

·
Registered
'21 GS awd
12 Posts
I just found one on ebay for $53 shipped. I was just going to use Android Auto as needed, but for such a low cost, it's worth having the Mazda Nav available without plugging in my phone all the time.

Thanks for the info everyone.

·
Registered
53 Posts
While many will say that phone based navigation systems are better, in my opinion, the Mazda system is worth having. CarPlay seems to disconnect constantly for me for some reason. I think it is worth the dealer price. The Amazon price is a bargain.

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 GS AWD
58 Posts
I bought my Nav card on e-bay last November. It came with the June 2020 map on it I updated it sometime in January to the November 2020 map. Interestingly when I check on Mazda Update Toolbox it tells me my card has the latest update even though there appears to be a Feb 2021 update. My 2018 Mazda 6 I have just updated from June 2020 map to Feb 2021 map but that comes from a different Mazda Toolbox.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts