Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
Mazda CX 30 2021 S
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I have noticed that the paint on my car seems to be deteriorating. I leased a brand new cx-30 2021 in January. I just got a car wash and my car looks as if it is still dirty. I also have a large straight line running across the hood of my car and above the line the paint looks drastically different than the rest of the hood. Its almost like the shine or gloss layer was removed. Is there anything I can do? Or what do I tell the dealership? I am going to talk to the dealership today.

My car has less than 3k miles on it.

Attachments

·
Administrator
2020 CX-30 Skyactiv-X MHEV GT Sport Tech
270 Posts
First of all I would report it to the dealer who leased it to you as soon as possible. As you have leased the vehicle you could have penalties applied at the end of the lease if this gets any worse. Get it reported and acknowledged as a delivery defect (if possible) when you speak with them.

·
Registered
Mazda CX 30 2021 S
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
First of all I would report it to the dealer who leased it to you as soon as possible. As you have leased the vehicle you could have penalties applied at the end of the lease if this gets any worse. Get it reported and acknowledged as a delivery defect (if possible) when you speak with them.
Thank you, I plan to go to the dealership today and talk to them about this. I leased the car in January so I am hoping they are understanding as it has only been a couple months. My co-worker who is good with material science thinks this is a bubbling under the paint.

·
Registered
Mazda CX 30 2021 S
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Keep us posted please and yes, make sure it is repaired under warranty.
I just read through the warranty booklet and I am not sure that this is under warranty. I guess we will see. This definitely is not from normal wear or weather. It looks like a human error of sorts.

·
Registered
Mazda CX-30 GS 2020
157 Posts
I just read through the warranty booklet and I am not sure that this is under warranty. I guess we will see. This definitely is not from normal wear or weather. It looks like a human error of sorts.
Look for the legal warranty applicable to all products sold to a customer.

·
Administrator
270 Posts
Call it a manufacturing defect when you speak with the dealer. A 'human error' can include the owner too .... 😇

·
Registered
Mazda CX-30 GS 2020
157 Posts
Do not accept any compromise; the hood must be repainted.

·
Registered
Mazda CX 30 2021 S
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Call it a manufacturing defect when you speak with the dealer. A 'human error' can include the owner too .... 😇
Thank you! Very true. Absolutely only saying manufacturer

·
Registered
Mazda CX 30 2021 S
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Update: dealership is calling it glue. Not sure what glue would be from, they said it happens in transit. They’re detailing the car tomorrow. Will provide later updates.

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 GS AWD
58 Posts
When I used to pick up new Mazda cars at the rail yard they were covered with stick-on white plastic sheet protective covering. I would suppose they still do that.

·
Registered
Mazda CX 30 2021 S
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
When I used to pick up new Mazda cars at the rail yard they were covered with stick-on white plastic sheet protective covering. I would suppose they still do that.
yeah, they had a few coming in with the white plastic still on them. Hopefully they can get it off. Probably will, I’m happy it’s not a defect

·
Registered
213 Posts
yeah, they had a few coming in with the white plastic still on them. Hopefully they can get it off. Probably will, I’m happy it’s not a defect
My dealer is lazy, their extent of pre-delivery detailing was to run the car through their automatic car wash, leaving the residue behind.

You need to hand wash the vehicle at least once in a while if you want it to look clean. There wont be any issue removing the residue from the shipping protection.

·
Registered
Mazda CX 30 2021 S
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
My dealer is lazy, their extent of pre-delivery detailing was to run the car through their automatic car wash, leaving the residue behind.

You need to hand wash the vehicle at least once in a while if you want it to look clean. There wont be any issue removing the residue from the shipping protection.
I did a hand wash it once, maybe I did a bad job myself 😂

·
Registered
AWD 2020 GT CX-30 ceramic coated
682 Posts
I did a hand wash it once, maybe I did a bad job myself 😂
use a good quality car shampoo and in this case I would hand wash the car using chemical guys citrus wash and gloss car shampoo mixed 1 ounce to 5 gallons of water and it will have allot of lubricity and be able to remove and adhesive left over from the shipping PPF also I might suggest watching this vid on correct and safe handwashing technique..
wish i caught this post earlier because I can say 100% in my years if professional and personal detailing of all types of vehicles that it is adhesive residue left over... and might i add if you want your paint to look it's best for many years to come do avoid the automatic car washed like the plague... they cause so much damage to the paint.. and stick to hand washing. Buy yourself some detailing stuff and it will pay for itself later on :)

·
Registered
Mazda CX 30 2021 S
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
use a good quality car shampoo and in this case I would hand wash the car using chemical guys citrus wash and gloss car shampoo mixed 1 ounce to 5 gallons of water and it will have allot of lubricity and be able to remove and adhesive left over from the shipping PPF also I might suggest watching this vid on correct and safe handwashing technique..
wish i caught this post earlier because I can say 100% in my years if professional and personal detailing of all types of vehicles that it is adhesive residue left over... and might i add if you want your paint to look it's best for many years to come do avoid the automatic car washed like the plague... they cause so much damage to the paint.. and stick to hand washing. Buy yourself some detailing stuff and it will pay for itself later on :)
Thank you, Ily. I will take that advice to heart and hope the detail at the dealership is done well

·
Registered
AWD 2020 GT CX-30 ceramic coated
682 Posts
UPDATE: it was glue and it looks good as new!!
Thanks for the help and advice along the way. This is a great resource and I appreciate everyone who contributed and does so daily.
glad it was just panic and not a actual issue :) now the key to keeping it looking good is to hand wash like in the vid i shared and you will have wonderful looking paint for years to come. Have to remember that automotive paint now is all water based and is pretty delicate and I would recommend some sort of protection on it of your choice but the second best option from a full PPF which cost allot more then a ceramic coating which is the best option to protect against environmental damage but not stone chips tho and that's why there is PPF
PS: enjoy the wonderful carefully crafted and engineered CX-30.

·
Administrator
270 Posts
UPDATE: it was glue and it looks good as new!!
Thanks for the help and advice along the way. This is a great resource and I appreciate everyone who contributed and does so daily.
Great news! - I've marked the thread 'Resolved' for others.

Reactions: Tommieremix
1 - 20 of 20 Posts