Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I am trying to update my maps with the toolbox, but I get an error 500 right after login. The SD is identified properly etc., but no option works. No matter what I click on shows up this error:

HTTP Status 500 -
type Exception report
The server encountered an internal error () that prevented it from fulfilling this request.
exception
java.lang.NullPointerException

note The full stack traces of the exception and its root causes are available in the NNG_GlassFish logs.
NNG_GlassFish

Does anyone else encounter this?
I am trying it on Windows 10, btw.

Cheers!

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 White Premium AWD
17 Posts
I had no issues on Windows 10 updating mine. The only thing I would say to check is if the card is locked. If so it won't update.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When did you try? I keep having this error last couple of days. Locked card isnt the issue, it wont even load the page where I could choose to download update, the error page shows up right away. I was hoping to find out if its actually a server side issue or something with my connection.

·
Registered
AWD GT CX-30 ceramic coated
437 Posts
Hell iv tried useing the toolbox and it just opens with a blank window boarder and nothing inside of the window and iv tried uninstalling and reinstalling several times and so I can't even use the toolbox program.. anyone else having issues with the Mazda toolbox program.. iv tried it on windows 7 and 10 both different systems.

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 GT AWD - Machine Grey Metallic
48 Posts
Any chance your anti-virus software is causing an issue? Maybe try temporarily disabling it while running the toolbox (just remember to turn it back on when complete). I've encountered weird things with updaters like this from Hyundai in the past and it was my AV causing the problem.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Any chance your anti-virus software is causing an issue? Maybe try temporarily disabling it while running the toolbox (just remember to turn it back on when complete). I've encountered weird things with updaters like this from Hyundai in the past and it was my AV causing the problem.
Nope no antivirus.. even tried it on a VM same result..

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 GT AWD - Machine Grey Metallic
48 Posts
If your VM is running Windows 10 it comes with Defender installed and on by default - maybe try to disable that as well? Or did you already do that?

·
Registered
GT Sport, Deep Crystal Blue
72 Posts
Just did mine yesterday for the first time. Registered straight away, then told me that I had the wrong Toolbox installed so automatically installed the correct version. Then said there was an update available. I have a fairly good internet speed but it still took over four hours to complete the backup and installation. Is this timescale normal for updates to the SD card?

·
Registered
437 Posts
If your VM is running Windows 10 it comes with Defender installed and on by default - maybe try to disable that as well? Or did you already do that?
I tried windows 7 in the VM and only did windows updates and it did the same thing 🙃.

·
Registered
CX-30 G122 AT Comfort Machine Grey
51 Posts
I have a fairly good internet speed but it still took over four hours to complete the backup and installation. Is this timescale normal for updates to the SD card?
Yes, the servers of NNG who are the company Mazda has outsourced that to are always horribly slow.

·
Registered
437 Posts
This is incredibly frustrating.. been trying to solve this issue for days and if anyone else has had his issue or a fix .. iv In stalled a bare bones windows 7 system with all available updates and no av installed only windows with updates.

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 GS FWD, Snowflake White
471 Posts
isn't W7 no longer available for current updates, time to move on to W10 which has been out for at least 5 years now. Try it on a current version W10 and see if you have the same problem.
Have you tried deleting the program and download a fresh version?

Just tried it on mine (W10 version 2004)

·
Registered
437 Posts
isn't W7 no longer available for current updates, time to move on to W10 which has been out for at least 5 years now. Try it on a current version W10 and see if you have the same problem.
Have you tried deleting the program and download a fresh version?

Just tried it on mine (W10 version 2004)
View attachment 997
Iv tried haha so frustrated that I said F**k it and called my dealership today and talked to my sales person and she said no problem I can do it for you and call you today when it's ready. So I dropped the SD card off. I'm a pure Linux user so VM is all I have to work with when I need windows which is rarely lol .

·
Registered
2020 Premium, AWD; Soul Red Crystal
57 Posts
Just did mine yesterday for the first time. Registered straight away, then told me that I had the wrong Toolbox installed so automatically installed the correct version. Then said there was an update available. I have a fairly good internet speed but it still took over four hours to complete the backup and installation. Is this timescale normal for updates to the SD card?
Had a similar experience --- didn't time the process, but estimate it took about 3 hrs. Did the update about a month ago.I'm in the States.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well, this is what I see after I log in. First it checks my SD card, login window/register shows up... I log in... boom:

Countless reinstalls, multiple PCs, different network connections, antivirus & firewall off, nothing works...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts