Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2022 CX30 Signature Polymetal Gray
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2022 CX30 has one of the black plastic cladding above the right front wheel missing.
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Hood

Nothing abnormal detected during driving, so it could have been a parking lot hit-&-run; or it might have just fallen off on the highway.
Anyway, the dealer said the part itself is inexpensive, but there is nothing in-stock around here, and the only way is to special order from Japan, which will then come on a ship arriving monthly.
Just wondering if anyone here has other ideas or suggestions.

·
Registered
134 Posts
There is no way for the wheel well trim to just fall off - the plastic cladding pieces are solidly attached with multiple screws and push-pins. The sorry state of your front wheel indicates that the vehicle was run into something at a slight angle (the wheel was rotating during the incident).

My photo here shows the front wheel trim removed but the bumper still on the car. You shouldn't do this unless absolutely necessary. The forward part of the wheel well trim is screwed onto the front bumper from behind. One shouldn’t try to remove these pieces separately, just leave them attached to the front bumper as you remove the bumper from the car. (It IS physically possible to get a stubby screwdriver in behind the front bumper through each wheel well but the windshield washer fluid reservoir on the right side makes access to one of the three(3) mounting screws difficult.)

This post details the process of removing the front bumper:
Front Bumper Removal | Mazda CX‌-30 Forum (cx30talk.com)

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
2022 CX30 Signature Polymetal Gray
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Actually the markings you see on the wheel are not scratches. They are mostly the results of parking too close to the curbs (streets here are narrow), then exaggerated by the phone camera (low light in the basement garage). I have verified that all of them can be wiped off.
On closer scrutiny, it seems that the indented area on your bumper is different from mine, It probably means that I should give up the thought of special ordering the cladding piece from the US.

·
Premium Member
451 Posts
Actually the markings you see on the wheel are not scratches. They are mostly the results of parking too close to the curbs (streets here are narrow), then exaggerated by the phone camera (low light in the basement garage). I have verified that all of them can be wiped off.
On closer scrutiny, it seems that the indented area on your bumper is different from mine, It probably means that I should give up the thought of special ordering the cladding piece from the US.
Definitely different, good catch.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Do what you like but the bumpers, yours and mine, seem identical to me. Opposite sides, different colors, different photo angles, one photo is blurry and low-res, and your bumper still has broken parts of the plastic cladding screwed onto it. Those broken parts (yet to be removed) appear to me to be the only difference.

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Hood

·
Registered
'20 CX-30 AWD, 2000 Millenia & 2006 Mazda3
146 Posts
It looks to me like the two example pics appear to me to be from two different sides of a CX-30. The OP's missing piece of cladding appears to be from the right side of the car. The other (red) car was a pic from the left side. What's under the cladding on each side of the car could be completely different...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts