Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ever since the MX-30 was announced, I've been curious how its wheels would look on our CX-30, since the two share the same platform and wheel size. So I decided to mockup in Photoshop how the wheels would look on the CX-30, using a photograph of a machine metallic gray CX-30 found elsewhere. I additionally simulated how a chrome delete would appear under direct sunlight, simulating a dark grey vinyl wrap or plasti-dip.

Wheel Tire Sky Vehicle Car

·
Registered
66 Posts
I think this looks pretty slick. I've been making some of my own mockups of the CX30, trying to determine the best color, rims, tire size, aesthetic treatments etc -- before I go spending too much money 💸

For a while it was a toss up between an edgier polymetal gray with chrome delete, or a classier machine gray (keeping the chrome) with silver wheels...which I never would have thought I would have liked until I saw it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think this looks pretty slick. I've been making some of my own mockups of the CX30, trying to determine the best color, rims, tire size, aesthetic treatments etc -- before I go spending too much money 💸

For a while it was a toss up between an edgier polymetal gray with chrome delete, or a classier machine gray (keeping the chrome) with silver wheels...which I never would have thought I would have liked until I saw it.
Yeah, it's not always easy to visualize in the head. I've been looking at winter tires, which is why I'm looking at another set of wheels. The MX-30's wheels have always look kind of interesting, and now that the model is finally hitting US shores, its wheels will become available for purchase. The chrome delete is just an extra thing I did to see whether the entire aesthetic works on my machine metallic gray vehicle.

·
Registered
66 Posts
This was a sort a rapid mockup done on my phone (notice how the red calipers are actually just scribbles lol). I like using DiscountTire.com to see various rims on the different available colors, but as you can see here, that particular shade of gray is not really accurate. It's supposed to be the silver (which is much lighter in real life) yet this shade is lighter than machine gray...and neither REAL color works the same way as it looks here, unfortunately.

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive tire

·
Registered
66 Posts
The other idea looks a little something like this, which is the polymetal gray, chrome delete, roof wrap like an MX30, polymetal gray calipers, tinted/smoked front sensor badge, and beefier tires.

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Grille

·
Registered
2020 Toyota Corolla Sedan SE (6-MT)
23 Posts
The CX-30 looks so much better with all the chrome trim blacked out. I don't normally like black wheels, since it makes most cars look like vehicles with lost hubcaps, but they look great in both of the pictures in this thread for the CX-30. The blacked-out roof on the blue CX-30 looks great also. I will definitely be going this route on my 2022 CX-30.

·
Registered
66 Posts
At one point I was under the (false) impression that the Mazda 3 and CX-30 shared the same hoods, and therefore I could swap the stock hood with an aftermarket one that had a scoop. I made a mock of that too, as well as played with adding some bright-colored accents and painted wheels.

I, of course, found out the hoods are not cross-compatible -- and realized this direction was too "showy" for my tastes once I saw everything in place. That tow hook seemed like a cool idea until I put it there lol, but the Polestar-like yellow seat belts were interesting.

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Window

·
Registered
Polymetal CX-30 Turbo (base)
15 Posts
The other idea looks a little something like this, which is the polymetal gray, chrome delete, roof wrap like an MX30, polymetal gray calipers, tinted/smoked front sensor badge, and beefier tires.

View attachment 2983
Not a huge fan of the black roof as a Texan but I wish I could get my wheels, tires, and wheel gap to look that good IRL.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts