Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
Mazda CX-30 SkyActiv-X 180 2WD Luxury (2020)
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

Comparing with my old Mazda 2 (2015) I have noticed my new car is more wet inside. The windows are steamed much more than the old car had. Does it sounds familiar to someone, or is it just the wet climate here in Holland?

@nd®é

·
Registered
Mazda CX30 SEL LUX
80 Posts
my uk car has water running down the inside of the screen, far more worse than my 2018 mazda 3

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We live in the same wet climate... ;) But I'm interested in what causes this 'problem'. Was the climate control of the former 2 better, or is it that they build this car different, to avoid noise? They succeeded in that, but maybe we got something else for that in return.

·
Registered
Mazda CX30 SEL LUX
80 Posts
We live in the same wet climate... ;) But I'm interested in what causes this 'problem'. Was the climate control of the former 2 better, or is it that they build this car different, to avoid noise? They succeeded in that, but maybe we got something else for that in return.
Oh yes we live in the same adorable climate lol , was out in the car yesterday, temp set to 18 degrees, fan speed 4 vents on screen and feet, parked the car up last night , vents on footwell and closed off using the recycle button, never an issue in my mazda 2 or 3 but literally running water from the top of the screen all the way along the window down to the bottom this morning, oh and ice on the inside of the screen this morning too 🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, your car is even worse. I only have moist. No waterdrops. Do you have checked the floor? Is it wet too?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hello all,

Comparing with my old Mazda 2 (2015) I have noticed my new car is more wet inside. The windows are steamed much more than the old car had. Does it sounds familiar to someone, or is it just the wet climate here in Holland?

@nd®é
I agree, although we are rather wet here in the UK too! So much moisture builds up on the inside of the windscreen that demisting is useful, I actually have to wipe it with a cloth. I thought it was just me!

·
Registered
CX30 GT SPORT. A Road cyclists who drives a CX30 on the odd occasion...
453 Posts
We have no problems with moisture...just make sure the AC / heater settings are set appropriately..

·
Registered
AWD 2020 GT CX-30 ceramic coated
682 Posts
Basically set the temp to like 20 degrees C and hit auto and don't take it off auto.. this will make sure the ac compresssor is running to dry the air and use defrost as needed and then hit auto when windows are clear.. My cliamate is exstreamly cold in the winter and not uncommon to get to -38 below zero C and 32 above zero C in the summer months.. and i use the method that I suggested above and never really have a issue. The auto setting for those with a premium trim level is the optimal setting to be using.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I agree, although we are rather wet here in the UK too! So much moisture builds up on the inside of the windscreen that demisting is useful, I actually have to wipe it with a cloth. I thought it was just me!
So I am not alone in this. In this case misery truly does love company. Does anyone complained about this already by the dealer? Is there a solution or do we have to live with it? I will visit the dealer next year, with some small other issues too.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Basically set the temp to like 20 degrees C and hit auto and don't take it off auto.. this will make sure the ac compresssor is running to dry the air and use defrost as needed and then hit auto when windows are clear.. My cliamate is exstreamly cold in the winter and not uncommon to get to -38 below zero C and 32 above zero C in the summer months.. and i use the method that I suggested above and never really have a issue. The auto setting for those with a premium trim level is the optimal setting to be using.
Thanks for this. However, like in the most cars, the airco doesn't work below 5 C. So that won't work. It's not I can't get the moisture out of the car, but comparing to my old Mazda 2, it's much worse.

·
Registered
2020 Mazda CX30 GS AWD, LP, Soul Red
19 Posts
There are products you can apply to your windows called anti fog if this is a lingering issue for you

·
Registered
Mazda CX30 SEL LUX
80 Posts
So I am not alone in this. In this case misery truly does love company. Does anyone complained about this already by the dealer? Is there a solution or do we have to live with it? I will visit the dealer next year, with some small other issues too.
ill try what detailcarguy has said !

·
Registered
CX30 GT SPORT. A Road cyclists who drives a CX30 on the odd occasion...
453 Posts
We have had 2x mazda2 a cx3 and now the Cx30.. never had any moisture problems that others have commented on

·
Registered
Mazda CX30 GT Sport Tech Skyactive X Auto Deep Crystal Blue
58 Posts
Yes I have the same problem, I am continually looking for wet patches on the floor, but so far nothing has been found. I have noticed an abundance of water around the door and boot seals after heavy rain which I am a little concerned about. I have never seen this happen on any of my previous vehicles.

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 GT - Skyactive G - 2.5 L AWD
263 Posts
Sorry to hear about your moisture issues. Mine is always set to 19C both sides with AC always on. I have been through hail, rain and snow and no moisture issues.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts