Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
MAZDA CX30 SEL LUX - X
30 Posts
So I am not alone in this. In this case misery truly does love company. Does anyone complained about this already by the dealer? Is there a solution or do we have to live with it? I will visit the dealer next year, with some small other issues too.
Sorry for the delayed reply. Yes it does sound like we are having similar problems. I have my aircon set as the person has suggested but it doesn't demist it as its water droplets rather than "misted up". I havent reported it to the dealer, as I am currently in negotiations with them about another, much more dangerous issue, so didnt want to muddy the waters with anything more!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have exactly the same issue, on cold mornings it is pretty bad. I took it back to the dealership to complain and after checking it over they told me there is nothing wrong and said it was because I use it for short journeys. Not happy really as I can do 100 mile one day then the next morning if it’s cold it’s very wet inside. It’s driving me mad.

·
Registered
2021 Mazda CX-30 Turbo Premium (Polymetal Gray)
72 Posts
My theory is that these cars are exceedingly well sealed. Hear me out. If you have any source of water inside the car and weather conditions are right, you'll get condensation inside the car. Go to home depot and pick up some "damp rid". Hang a bag of that inside the car on the grab handles or somewhere. I'd be willing to bet you'll find a bag of water if you leave it inside for a day or two and your problem will be gone. GIve it a try. Small investment to take this chance. I just priced it and it's like 10 bucks for a few bags at Home Depot. You can probably get it at Walmart or other places as well. I had condensation big time in my GMC Sierra and a friend told me about this. I put a damp rid bag in the truck and two days later it was almost full of water. I'm not sure if it was rain from my shoes, spilled liquids somewhere, but it fixed the issue permanently. This was about three years ago.

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 GS FWD, Snowflake White
1,177 Posts
simply opening a window a bit for a while helps in getting rid of moisture, as well as operation of the a/c system - yes even in cold weather!

Reactions: agentSmith

·
Registered
2022 CX30 G25 FWD ASTINA
7 Posts
Try running vent on fresh not recycle. I never run the vents on recycle unless getting in to cool or heat quickly. When its at temp back to fresh.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the same problem in the UK. Since the colder weather a lot of moisture gathers on the windscreen above the ventilation grille. When the blower is turned on there is actually a ripple of water on the windscreen due to the amount of water! plus the screen freezes on the inside. I have never had this in any other car and it is very annoying. My Honda parked next to the Mazda is dry as a bone whether it is used or not. I am going to give the dealer a call I wonder if Mazda 3 owners have the same problems?

21 - 26 of 26 Posts