Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 Premium AWD
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the roof open, as I hit about 27 mph, there is an annoying wind noise/vibration. It peaks around 33 mph until it fades around 45 mph, which seems to be, that the wind noise covers it, but it is still there, if you are sensitive to it. I have looked into the accessory wind deflector but, it says that it will keep your hair from blowing around ... Not my concern. New issue for Dealer. I would pay for the wind deflector, if I knew it would solve the problem. Anyone else experiencing this?

·
Registered
2020 Mazda CX-30 Deep Crystal Blue Mica - Premium
202 Posts
Silly question, but by opened you mean you haven't slid all the way open or tilted up & open? I have an experienced mind being tilted up but I don't drive with slid open. I will though however later today for you and let you know my results ❤❤

·
Registered
2020 Mazda CX-30 Deep Crystal Blue Mica - Premium
202 Posts
☝🏻☝🏼☝🏽☝🏾☝🏿😧 I wouldn't get a car without the sunroof..

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 Premium AWD
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Silly question, but by opened you mean you haven't slid all the way open or tilted up & open? I have an experienced mind being tilted up but I don't drive with slid open. I will though however later today for you and let you know my results ❤❤
The roof is fully open. I prefer the open roof to AC.

Reactions: Tommieremix

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 Premium AWD
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I had the Moonroof Wind Deflector installed. It solved the vibration issue but, there are tradeoffs. You cannot use roof racks, if that is a concern too you. The wind deflector is large. It covers about half of the moonroof opening , significantly affecting the air flow through the vehicle when it is open ... thus the wind deflector name.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts