Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 GS FWD, Snowflake White
944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
from Consumer Reports from surveys of over 390,000 owners.

·
Registered
G25 Touring - 2020 - Soul Red Crystal Metallic
107 Posts
My CX30 is over a week old so it's too early to tell. But can confirm that my previous car, mini cooper was a horrible experience. Car drove wonderfully, but was super expensive to run for a car that costs the same as the Mazda.

My 2010 Mazda 3 served me well for 6 years without any faults. I wished I had kept it instead of getting the mini.

·
Registered
Current Mazdas: 15 Mazda3, 16 Mazda2, 19 Mazda3 and 3 prior Mazdas
112 Posts
Mazda at the top is no big surprise. Beyond a few initial issues that were resolved, my Mazdas have been trouble free.

The interesting thing is that MINI is 23 dropping 13. That means just last year MINI was number 10. Wa-hoo. Good to hear that MINI solved their reliability problems even if just for one year.

·
Registered
PAST OWNER OF A AWD 2020 GT CX-30 ceramic coated-curently have a 100th Anniversary edition mazda 3
738 Posts
I was a sucker with a 2017 model Nissan Rouge sport .. biggest vehicle regret purchase ever! But here I am today .. much much better on the first year of having the CX 30 thus far 😊 I was jaw dropped at all the warranty work on the Nissan.. not even small stuff .. front struts for one at 18,000 km and the list goes on.

·
Registered
G25 Touring - 2020 - Soul Red Crystal Metallic
107 Posts
Mazda at the top is no big surprise. Beyond a few initial issues that were resolved, my Mazdas have been trouble free.

The interesting thing is that MINI is 23 dropping 13. That means just last year MINI was number 10. Wa-hoo. Good to hear that MINI solved their reliability problems even if just for one year.
Mini is wonderful for the first 15k km / year... Then you have to start paying for the servicing and maintenance.

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 Select AWD
109 Posts
I was a sucker with a 2017 model Nissan Rouge sport .. biggest vehicle regret purchase ever! But here I am today .. much much better on the first year of having the CX 30 thus far 😊 I was jaw dropped at all the warranty work on the Nissan.. not even small stuff .. front struts for one at 18,000 km and the list goes on.
Yeah, my fam was a big fan of Nissans in the 90s and early 00s. My other car is 2003 350z. Had short block replaced under warranty but otherwise no issues with almost 200k on it. The brand has been going down hill for a decade though. Was considering Infiniti QX30 since I knew Nissan from before to be a reliable car. Took a day of reading to convince myself otherwise. Here I am with CX-30 :)

·
Registered
PAST OWNER OF A AWD 2020 GT CX-30 ceramic coated-curently have a 100th Anniversary edition mazda 3
738 Posts
Yeah, my fam was a big fan of Nissans in the 90s and early 00s. My other car is 2003 350z. Had short block replaced under warranty but otherwise no issues with almost 200k on it. The brand has been going down hill for a decade though. Was considering Infiniti QX30 since I knew Nissan from before to be a reliable car. Took a day of reading to convince myself otherwise. Here I am with CX-30 :)
Yah I did my research on Mazda before I even test drove one. Brought me to a Mazda was the main point of no CVT as the 17 Nissan Qashqai I had issues with the CVT at 40,000 km that is unacceptable.. stalling issues at 8,000 km which took the dealership 6 months to figure out why.. and the list goes on but yah so far Mazda has been pretty good .. minor issues this far which are ok to me considering what iv been through before .. CVT almost could have seriously got me hurt in a accident when merging up a hill .. felt like slipping then total loss of power .. with a transport truck coming behind me light a fright train.. foot down to the floor.. engine screening no power 😠 that was my last straw especially when I brought it to the dealership and they also told me that tie rod ends need replacement.. along with the sway bar links with low mileage and two years old.. yah I said fix what can be fixed under warranty and f***k the rest lol. Off to the Mazda dealer I went.. they said a new CVT is needed to be ordered. And new engine computer for the stalling issues.

·
Administrator
2020 CX-30 Skyactiv-X MHEV GT Sport Tech
719 Posts

·
Premium Member
2021 CX-30 S 2.5L white/black
270 Posts
I had a Sonata prior to the CX-30. Hyundai is ranked 6th overall with no change from last year. Not bad but not as good as top 2 spots. Another nice surprise is my insurance went down 22% compared to the Sonata.

·
Registered
2021 Mazda CX-30 Turbo Premium (Polymetal Gray)
30 Posts
Mazda is king, that's true. Now, if Mazda could just not put crap brakes on any car they make....that would be great. Mine have been grinding and droning since new.....and I'm at 2000 miles now still fighting with Mazda.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts