Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Mazda CX30 SP (Sport Plus)
72 Posts
Saw this in the title and didn't read any farther as I do not think Mazda targeted the CX30 for the luxury buyer. I am not a luxury buyer how about you? I am very happy with my car.
"The CX-30 may feel premium and sporty inside, but it lacks the cohesiveness to attract luxury-SUV buyers."

·
Registered
2020 AWD Select Machine Gray Metallic Mobil 1 0w20
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The result—uncharacteristically for a Mazda—is a transmission that's easily caught out in the wrong gear. "Really hunting around in gears on long inclines, often a double or triple downshift to get into the powerband," editor-in-chief Mark Rechtin said. In other words, hope you like how the Mazda's engine sounds, because you end up listening to it a lot.

·
Registered
AWD GT CX-30 ceramic coated
403 Posts
The result—uncharacteristically for a Mazda—is a transmission that's easily caught out in the wrong gear. "Really hunting around in gears on long inclines, often a double or triple downshift to get into the powerband," editor-in-chief Mark Rechtin said. In other words, hope you like how the Mazda's engine sounds, because you end up listening to it a lot.
Lol I'd say a CVT is worse to listen to lmao weeeeee! Or grooooan! Lol I know I had a 2017 Nissan Qashqai lol it was horrible the CVT lol also want it to move to pass someone.. had to just floor it and Listen to the engine screeam lol while the CVT dose it's thing .. which was make allot of noise 🤣 thx but il take the Mazda transmission any day over that lol seems to work very well up steep inclines on the highway.

·
Registered
20 CX-30 AWD JBM Prem
165 Posts
I give pretty much zero credence to automotive reviews. Most have an agenda or at least a warped sense of what some vehicles are intended for.

I recently watched a review of full size domestic pick-up trucks. Two of the three were being hammered for their truck like ride, really?

·
Registered
403 Posts
I give pretty much zero credence to automotive reviews. Most have an agenda or at least a warped sense of what some vehicles are intended for.

I recently watched a review of full size domestic pick-up trucks. Two of the three were being hammered for their truck like ride, really?
The only auto reviewer I like at least on YouTube is savagegeese he is really honest no bs reviews.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Sounds much like the consumer reports review. I do not think that a coincidence. It really does have a poor ride, just like my 3. This a common criticism in many on line reviews. Tire inflation pressure recommendations for fuel economy are much to blame. Drop four lbs front and 6 rear and ride improves much with no appreciable effect on handling. At least that is the experience with my 3. 36 lbs. Really? Toyota recommends 32/32 for the Corolla, BMW 3 series likewise.
Also, rock hard tires detract from a feeling of body solidity.

The engine is rather blah, but is stronger and quieter than other comparable (sub?) compact suvs without an Audi price sticker. Just lacks mid range turbo grunt that testers are growing to expect.
Still , all things considered, better, more attractive than other stuff in this class. Quiet, competent highway cruiser, compact agile grocery getter. Nice combination.

·
Registered
86 Posts
The only auto reviewer I like at least on YouTube is savagegeese he is really honest no bs reviews.
Savage Geese failed to pick up on the flinty ride and slow steering. I should admit these things are subjective, or maybe he was just using smooth roads and not quite observant enough. I do agree with most of his positive observations though. Like you, I do not question his honesty. He is as good a reviewer as any.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Savage Geese failed to pick up on the flinty ride and slow steering. I should admit these things are subjective, or maybe he was just using smooth roads and not quite observant enough. I do agree with most of his positive observations though. Like you, I do not question his honesty. He is as good a reviewer as any.
how ever Mazda has always been known to have a sporty feel and with that comes a stiffer suspension and that goes for most of Mazda's vehicle line up and before i had a cx 30 i came from a Nissan rouge sport so if i compare it to that for me i much prefer the stiffer suspension as the rouge sport i found had a fair amount of body roll and i find the cx-30 hugs and follows the path of the road allot better and maybe i am used to the stiff suspension having been a race rally driver I am not sure but to summarize what I am saying the vehicle and or mazda as a whole is made to attract a certain niche of person just like getting a vehicle in a lime green color.. I am not biased to a cretin vehicle manufacture having worked for various dealerships over the years and maybe its just me but i have always liked a stiff sporty feeling suspension and its hard to come across that feeling in most of the crossovers and SUV's made now and i could go on about the different ride quality and feel on various auto brands but you get my just of what i am trying to voice :)

·
Registered
403 Posts
also the Turbo version is going to put the CX-30 into a class almost by it self as i cant seem to find another cross over in its same class with that much HP and torque and I feel that Mazda has hit the head on the nail for people who want a fairly fuel efficient and really fun cross over to drive then Mazda has done just that.. correct me if i am wrong but i cant find another cross over with that much hp and torque :)

·
Registered
86 Posts
how ever Mazda has always been known to have a sporty feel and with that comes a stiffer suspension and that goes for most of Mazda's vehicle line up and before i had a cx 30 i came from a Nissan rouge sport so if i compare it to that for me i much prefer the stiffer suspension as the rouge sport i found had a fair amount of body roll and i find the cx-30 hugs and follows the path of the road allot better and maybe i am used to the stiff suspension having been a race rally driver I am not sure but to summarize what I am saying the vehicle and or mazda as a whole is made to attract a certain niche of person just like getting a vehicle in a lime green color.. I am not biased to a cretin vehicle manufacture having worked for various dealerships over the years and maybe its just me but i have always liked a stiff sporty feeling suspension and its hard to come across that feeling in most of the crossovers and SUV's made now and i could go on about the different ride quality and feel on various auto brands but you get my just of what i am trying to voice :)
I don't disagree all that much. Sure stiff suspension is a trade off many will make for a car with less roll and quicker turn in. But much of the Mazda's harshness (JMO) is due to the excessive tire pressures recommended. Its all about squeezing that last drop of fuel for each mile driven to publish numbers shiny to the EPA and the public. In my experience, 3 suspension stiffness for a sporty car is within reason when more typical pressures are used with minimal affect on handling. . I find reducing the rear pressure actually improves handling by reducing understeer. If you are going to the autocross by all means pump them suckers up, but be sure to get more air in the front than the back.

As I said in an earlier post, the heavier BMW 3 series recommends 32/32 and these are hardly slush buckets.
Honda Civic and Toyota Corolla recommend the same.

·
Registered
86 Posts
also the Turbo version is going to put the CX-30 into a class almost by it self as i cant seem to find another cross over in its same class with that much HP and torque and I feel that Mazda has hit the head on the nail for people who want a fairly fuel efficient and really fun cross over to drive then Mazda has done just that.. correct me if i am wrong but i cant find another cross over with that much hp and torque :)
On that I totally Agree.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts