Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Mazda CX30
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All! I just got my new 2021 Mazda. CX-30 2.5 engine. I love the car but really have not had a chance to drive it that much since I'm working from home. I do have noticed that it is averaging 22.9 MPG in almost 80% street driving. It is supposed to ve averaging more MPG. Is anybody else experiencing this?

·
Registered
2022 CX-30 Premium Snowflake White (previously 2020 CX-30 Premium Polymetal Gray Metallic)
164 Posts
I have had my car since December of 2019, and due to retirement and Covid I have only 9,600 miles on it. The majority of my driving is in town with most trips being 1 to 3 miles. I do make occasional trips of 60 to 80 miles, all interstate miles. My average fuel mileage since delivery is 26.7 mpg. My best MPG between fill ups is 37.9 (a 400 mile trip) and the worst is 19.6. I’m a conservative driver and rarely go more than 5 miles over the speed limit on highways. Western NY winters definitely take their toll on my gas mileage for a number of reasons. I use an app to record every fill up so my numbers are not those calculated ged by the car, but the car’s calculated mileage is usually very close to the actual calculated mileage.

·
Registered
2021 Mazda CX-30 Turbo
306 Posts
I'm mostly commuting to school where I teach, down from the hills where I live and into the Central Valley, 70 miles round-trip. I've been averaging 28-29 mpg. On longer trips, like 3 hours to the coast, I'll crack 30 MPG. Last weekend we went from where we live in the hills, up into Yosemite National Park, up over 6000 feet and down into the valley and then back out again, with all winding up and downhill roads. Averaged 28 mpg. And that's with the Turbo being punched occasionally...:cool:

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 GS AWD 2021 CX-30 GS FWD
100 Posts
Firstly you cannot expect to reach best fuel economy until the car has travelled several thousand miles. Secondly it is hard to get your best fuel economy doing short trips or in town. This is particularly true in winter in cold climates where winter fuel will reduce fuel economy by 10-15%. Your profile does not show which part of the US you live in.
I have travelled about 9600kms in my CX30 and my average fuel economy over that distance has been 31.6 mp US gallon or 39mp Imperial gallon, or 7.5L/100kms. At least 5000km of this was long distance winter driving.

·
Registered
2021 Mazda CX30
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Firstly you cannot expect to reach best fuel economy until the car has travelled several thousand miles. Secondly it is hard to get your best fuel economy doing short trips or in town. This is particularly true in winter in cold climates where winter fuel will reduce fuel economy by 10-15%. Your profile does not show which part of the US you live in.
I have travelled about 9600kms in my CX30 and my average fuel economy over that distance has been 31.6 mp US gallon or 39mp Imperial gallon, or 7.5L/100kms. At least 5000km of this was long distance winter driving.
Well, the car has just 453 miles. I guess I should wait until I get more miles and the opportunity to take it on a long trip.

·
Registered
2021 Mazda CX30
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have had my car since December of 2019, and due to retirement and Covid I have only 9,600 miles on it. The majority of my driving is in town with most trips being 1 to 3 miles. I do make occasional trips of 60 to 80 miles, all interstate miles. My average fuel mileage since delivery is 26.7 mpg. My best MPG between fill ups is 37.9 (a 400 mile trip) and the worst is 19.6. I’m a conservative driver and rarely go more than 5 miles over the speed limit on highways. Western NY winters definitely take their toll on my gas mileage for a number of reasons. I use an app to record every fill up so my numbers are not those calculated ged by the car, but the car’s calculated mileage is usually very close to the actual calculated mileage.
Can you share the name of the App please? Thank you!

·
Administrator
2020 CX-30 Skyactiv-X MHEV GT Sport Tech
829 Posts
Can you share the name of the App please? Thank you!
I don't use an app, I use Fuelly to record the MPG for my fleet.

Here's my mileage (UK gallons)

Reactions: jagu270

·
Registered
2022 CX-30 Premium Snowflake White (previously 2020 CX-30 Premium Polymetal Gray Metallic)
164 Posts
I use “Car Care” for iPhones. It’s not free, but inexpensive. It looks like it’s on sale fo $2.99 right now according to the developer’s website.

Here’s a report it produces
2020 Mazda CX-30: Apr 14, 2021 at 5:44:30 PM

Total Fuel Cost $899.58
Avg Fuel Cost $2.52 / gal
Total Distance 9494 mi
Fuel Cost $0.09 / mi

Avg fuel economy 26.7 mpg
Avg in city (est.) 26.7 mpg
Avg on highway (est.) 32.8 mpg
Best fuel economy 37.9 mpg
Worst fuel economy 19.6 mpg
Avg for Regular 26.7 mpg
Cost for Regular $0.09 / mi

Carbon footprint 7152 lbs CO2

Total Service Cost $361.38
Service Cost $0.04 / mi

Total $0.13 / mi

Largest Fuel Fill 10.299 gal
Most Expensive Fuel $2.899 / gal
Least Expensive Fuel $1.869 / gal
Furthest Distance on 1 Fill 300.0 mi
Avg Distance Per Fill 202.0 mi
Avg Days Between Fills 9.5 days
Avg Full Pit Stop Time Not available

Car Care for iPhone & iPod Touch

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 GS FWD, Snowflake White
1,520 Posts
I'm very pleased with my fuel economy so far, with not a lot of kilometers on it, but have recorded four tank fills so far:

642 km - 6.4 L / 100 km
608 km - 6.9 L / 100 km
575 km - 7.3 L / 100 km (winter)
514 km - 7.8 L / 100 km (winter)

all calculations are manual calculations not the gauge average figure. I never get concerned about fuel economy on any new vehicle till you get some extensive kilometers on it. I just track it for a number of fills to see how it compares to previous vehicles I've owned from new and so far it's much better than my last one under similar routes even though this has a larger engine and more torque.

·
Registered
'20 CX-30 AWD, 2000 Millenia & 2006 Mazda3
162 Posts
My CX-30 is about 45 days from being a year old and arrived at the 12,000 mile mark just yesterday. I haven't been keeping records but have been calculating the MPG since new plus looking at the info on the dash at fill-ups. I've been averaging somewhere between 26-30 MPG consistently - it all depends on how much city miles are on a tank. I can't remember the worst tank but I would say no less than 24 mpg. Back in the Fall I took a 4,000 mile road trip from Oklahoma to Wyoming and back (via South Dakota) and had 2-3 solid 40 MPG thanks - the rest were in the 34-35 MPG. I think that's outstanding because the car was fairly well loaded with luggage and there is a lot of 75 & 80 MPH speed limits on the interstates out that way. I'm kind of impressed because I'm not a particularly conservative driver.

·
Registered
2020 / AWD / Base
44 Posts
In normal, easy driving, I fill up between 250 - 310 miles or so. My car computer says 30 ish most times. Sometimes 29.5, today it read 31.5.

EVERY TIME - the calculator vs actual pumped gas is just over 1 mpg less optimistic. Usually 1.2 or 1.3 mpg.

My normal driving is country roads and little towns - more stop signs than red lights. Mileage goes down to 29's when going 79mph on interstate. Suburban or urban driving varies widely based on aggression level.

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 AWD Preferred Machine Grey Metallic
9 Posts
My car was reporting back ~20mpg for the first few hundred miles after I got it. Now at 1500 miles, it's reporting 29.6 (7.95L/100KM) on an approximately even mix of city and highway driving. The weird thing is I noticed a big jump in real time fuel efficiency reported when I reset the gauge on the dashboard.

·
Registered
Mazda CX-30 2.0 e-Skyactiv X MHEV GT Sport 5dr Auto
17 Posts
My CX-30 is a 2.0L Petrol e-Skyactiv-X 2021 (UK) version. Since delivery, I was only using the car to drive around the town and on motorway for testing (and pleasure). Nearly done 500 miles so far.

On average, I am getting 35 MPG. The best I have seen was 43 MPG when I was driving on motorway on 70 miles speed cruise control. I am happy. It will only increase as I put more miles on it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.