Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
CX30 GT SPORT. A Road cyclists who drives a CX30 on the odd occasion...
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
Early days yet ... But what mpg are we getting... I'll start
2.0 122G - 2 X fill ups 34 mpg all city driving..

·
Registered
2020 Cx-30 Select Package
31 Posts
After about 1000 miles my 2.5L w/out cylinder deactivation is getting ~30 mpg on mostly in-city freeway driving.

·
Registered
GT Sport Tech - driven by the wife
22 Posts
Steve’s 34mpg (U.K.) is about 28mpg in the U.S. but difficult to make a direct comparison as we in the U.K. only get the 2.0 gasoline engine.

·
Super Moderator
2020 CX-30 Machine Gray Premium FWD
46 Posts
Are you guys using the Mazda computer mileage information or doing it manually by dividing the gallons into the miles you drove on the last tank? I found on my Miata that the Mazda mileage is always a mile or so per gallon higher than what I get from using the manual method.

·
Registered
21 Posts
2L Skyactiv X in UK using Mazda computer we're getting 39-40mpg mixed driving / 45mpg motorway with light foot / 32mpg in extended Sport Mode. We've done 1600 miles total.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Steve’s 34mpg (U.K.) is about 28mpg in the U.S. but difficult to make a direct comparison as we in the U.K. only get the 2.0 gasoline engine.
Agree, but each side of the pond can compare...like for like..it's just an insight into the real world figures..
Mazda UK state 35 mpg for city driving and me getting 34 mpg is good..
Having a 200 mile trip soon so see how it does on a run

·
Registered
21 Posts
We set the cruise at 72/73 and use a light foot on motorway driving though I think you pay a fuel penalty using it over employing your own light foot. Under 2k revs seems to get the best economy on the X engine

·
Registered
43 Posts
CX-30 GT AWD (2.5L w/cd) and winter tires
For those in Canada
2,500 kms - Avg. 7.9L/100 kms mixed Highway/City
For U.S. and other non-metric areas
1,550 miles - 29.7 mpg

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Are you guys using the Mazda computer mileage information or doing it manually by dividing the gallons into the miles you drove on the last tank? I found on my Miata that the Mazda mileage is always a mile or so per gallon higher than what I get from using the manual method.
ive been comparing the onboard computer and my fingers and toes as a comparison:D.
onboard says 32mpg fingers and toes 34 mpg, (y)

·
Registered
CX30 2020 Premium Jet Black Mica
65 Posts
I'm still on my first tank and only getting 20.2. I'm hoping it'll get better. Today was my first long drive, other than that it's just been very short around town drives to get supplies

Update: I reset the average and went out for 90 miles around the area and got 37.6. That's amazing

·
Registered
CX-30 Sport Lux Skyactive-X Arctic White
8 Posts
Sat at 40-41 at the moment mixed driving, hardly any motorway. 860 miles on the clock.

·
Registered
CX30 Skyactiv X Sports lux Black
15 Posts
My 2.0 skyactiv x has about 1200 miles on it now and last two tankfuls on Costco petrol show 46 mpg with mixed driving.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Our cx30 now has 950 miles on the clock and the mpg has improved to 37-39mpg around town.. nearly to the book figures.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts