Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
Mazda CX-30 GS 2020
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
According to the attached pictural, I have to think to uncheck the feature MRCC in the setting each time I take the road ?

Attachments

·
Registered
20 CX-30 AWD JBM Prem
146 Posts
Yes you do. Here in the US, I can confirm the Premium model operates the same. I think the system is a PITA. It serves no useful purpose unless you text while you drive. I believe systems as such will encourage left lane campers, which leads to aggressive driving.

·
Registered
20 CX-30 AWD JBM Prem
146 Posts
This is the kind of thing hard to figure out when you choose a brand new car and probably the kind of details we would like to ear from journalists.
Agreed. There are getting to be so many tech features on new vehicles, it is a challenge to identify and, understand them in depth while going through the purchase process. In my opinion the automotive journalist should devote more of their vehicle review to the functionality and effectiveness of the electronic safety systems.

I failed to use the cruise control on our 35-40 minute test drive. It's a cruise control, what could be so different...Now I know.
If I had used the cruise, and identified it's flaws, I can't say one way or the other if it would have been a deal breaker.

·
Registered
Mazda CX-30 GS 2020
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The big question is: is it possible for Mazda to update the firmware to provide a permanent DISABLE of the MRCC ?

·
Registered
CX-30 G122 AT Comfort Machine Grey
38 Posts
Of course they can. If they want to, that is the question. Like al the nannies you can disable and which are enabled again after a new engine start. My guess is, as I wrote already in the other topic you opened about this, it gives them credit points in NCAP ratings to default to the safest setting here. And those rating look good in advertising, consumer report/government recommendations, you name it. You need a hacker, just like with the 2014-2018 Mazda3 and other models with MZD, where somebody found out a way to enable the touchscreen while driving.

·
Registered
Mazda CX-30 GS 2020
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Or we can create a pressure group to incitate Mazda to let the owner configure his car as desired.

·
Registered
Mazda CX-30 GS 2020
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The MRCC is nice when you don’t need to pass. The best would be to have a switch on the steering to desactivate it.

·
Registered
CX-30 G122 AT Comfort Machine Grey
38 Posts
I have adapted my driving habit by anticipating sooner to change lanes before the brakes kick in when I want to overtake. And shorten the allowed distance. I understand this may go against what is considered appropriate behavior for each country. For instance we don't have "keep your lane" in Netherlands. And there is a switch on the steering: cancel. And then use the switch: resume. Keeps you awake before you turn into a Tesla Autopilot zombie ;).

·
Registered
Mazda CX-30 GS 2020
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I understand all this but I still don’t understand why they choose to reset the MRCC at each start of the engine 😣

·
Registered
2020 Mazda CX-30 GT-AWD, Soul Red
18 Posts
I have adapted my driving habit by anticipating sooner to change lanes before the brakes kick in when I want to overtake. And shorten the allowed distance.
I’ve done the exact same. It feels weird getting ready to overtake a car that’s 3+ car lengths ahead of you though. The “short” distance is not short enough.

Anyway, I think it resets to default so they can’t get sued by someone who says, “Oh, I thought radar cruise control was on and I smashed into another car and even though it’s my fault for turning it off yesterday, I’m gonna sue Mazda!” It forces you to make a conscious choice every time you start to drive.

·
Registered
Mazda CX-30 GS 2020
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yes, you have an excellent point. It gona take more than my reasons to have Mazda to change it 🙄

·
Registered
Preferred FWD / Deep Crystal Blue Mica
171 Posts
The MRCC is nice when you don’t need to pass. The best would be to have a switch on the steering to desactivate it.
There is a switch on the steering wheel, that's how you turn it on & off for stop & go & cruise control, is this what you're talking about?

·
Registered
Mazda CX-30 GS 2020
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yes, what you talk about will turn off the entired cruise control system. I would like to be able to desactivate the MRCC without going in the settings each time I take the road. Got it ?

·
Registered
20 CX-30 AWD JBM Prem
146 Posts
I fail to see any benefit of MRCC the system. Maybe, if you are in a funeral procession and want to maintain a set distance to the vehicle ahead of you. :oops:

·
Registered
Mazda CX-30 GS 2020
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I agree but it looks like we gonna be forced to live with this feature. Additionally, the MRCC response is not smooth when comes the time to accelerate to the set speed. The machine didn’t passed the human yet 😎

1 - 20 of 44 Posts