Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 GS AWD
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I installed a U-Haul Class I hitch. I decided to remove the muffler to make access to the frame rails really easy and it only requires undoing 2 nuts ( and of course the 4 rubber hangers). I was surprised to hear water sloshing around as I lowered the muffler. I drained about 500ml of water from exhaust gas inlet, none drained from the tail pipes.

The car has only been used for local shopping trips for the past 6 weeks. Normally mufflers have a small drain hole at the low point to allow condensation to drain. the risk in cold climates is that if the the vehicle does all short runs the muffler never gets hot enough to vaporize the condensation and if the vehicle is kept outside the water freezes and may interfere with exhaust gas flow.

·
Administrator
2020 CX-30 Skyactiv-X MHEV GT Sport Tech
270 Posts
That's more than a little worrying. Have you managed to discuss this with your local Dealer?

Has anyone else noticed this?

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 GS AWD
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes. The Service Manager and techs are aware. My car is kept in a heated garage so I do not have freezing issue and driving longer distance will clear the water.

·
Registered
CX-30 Premium Turbo, C7
10 Posts
I've never noticed any of the latest exhaust pieces with a small carbon monoxide hole in the bottom for water to drain out. Maybe that's because most of mine have been stainless steel or alloy of late.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts