Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Mazda CX-30 Deep Crystal Blue Mica - Premium
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So today I installed a Homelink mirror on my CX-30. Wasn't exactly plug and play and a pretty interesting way they mount the mirror, not like what I was used to with other cars and set screws, this you grab the base and turn 60 degree to the left and it pops off. Another thing I found out with Mazda is the Homelink is wired to be on even with the car turned off. After I was done installing the mirror I pressed the Homelink button and the Homelink light popped on the mirror. At first I thought I had wired it wrong because I've never seen this on any other car I've owned, the car had to be powered on. Checked the wiring and it was to factory spec. My 2019 Miata was parked next to the CX-30 and it has Homelink from the factory, I got in and pressed the button and sure enough the garage door started to close. Just so happens there was a thread about this very thing on the Miata forum today with several guys liking the feature and several thinking it's a security issue. I tend to agree with the latter, seems like a security risk.

Anyway to get to the title of the thread, I've had the car for a little over a week and I could never get the powered rear hatch to open all the way. I followed exactly what it said in the manual to set the height but every time it would open it would start to settle into the same position. I thought well that will be a trip back to the dealer. I had unhooked the negative connector on the battery and when I was done installing the mirror I opened the hatch and it went all the way up to my amazement. Tried it a couple of more times, perfect! So I guess the car just needed to be rebooted.

·
Super Moderator
2020 CX-30 Machine Gray Premium FWD, 2020 Soul Red Crystal MX-5 RF GT
53 Posts
Yep, modern cars just like computers, need to be rebooted sometimes. No issues so far with ours but some friends just bought a new CX-5 and had to reboot the infotainment system after just a few days.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts