Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Update your profile and enter your Vehicle Details
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi i picked up my cx30 on 3rd september as soon as i drove it off i noticed the air conditioner wasn’t working?
at first i thought i had to change settings or so but after a couple of days took it back to the dealership. they couldn’t get anything working either they booked me in to find out the issue and confirmed it needed a new electrical harness???
this was in september and i am still not in possession of my car as it is awaiting parts from japan i’m not going crazy am i to think this is totally unacceptable in any which way you put it and also to find out if anyone else has electrical problems
thanks

·
Registered
163 Posts
Man that's bad. My 2016 Golf had a major electrical failure, 2 months in. It took the dealer a week working with factory reps to diagnose a failed engine wiring harness. Then another couple of weeks to get the part from Germany and put it in. After I got it back it failed 3 miles out of the dealership. They had it an additional 10 days or so before finally finding out it was a speed sensor on the transmission at fault. To the dealer's and VW NAs credit, I had a loaner after I firmly requested one, and VW offered to swap the car out for another of similar spec if I wanted, but that offer only came as a got mine back. After some time they were unable to find one like mine (year old leftover) so they could only offer a credit toward purchase of anther VW product. I chose to keep mine as it was exactly the color and trim I wanted and they agreed to leave the offer open as I regained confidence in my car. Luckily it proved reliable the next 3 years of ownership. Its likely that I would not have been treated so well had I not made many stern calls to VW NA.
They also sent me an unsolicited $300 dollar check as an appeasement.

You have to be aggressive in such a situation.

·
Registered
CX30 GT SPORT. A Road cyclists who drives a CX30 on the odd occasion...
453 Posts
hi i picked up my cx30 on 3rd september as soon as i drove it off i noticed the air conditioner wasn’t working?
at first i thought i had to change settings or so but after a couple of days took it back to the dealership. they couldn’t get anything working either they booked me in to find out the issue and confirmed it needed a new electrical harness???
this was in september and i am still not in possession of my car as it is awaiting parts from japan i’m not going crazy am i to think this is totally unacceptable in any which way you put it and also to find out if anyone else has electrical problems
thanks
I would of refused the car months ago....
Totally unacceptable.. even with the covid situation..

·
Update your profile and enter your Vehicle Details
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would of refused the car months ago....
Totally unacceptable.. even with the covid situation..
they told me i can refuse it at any point which i am now once again really considering they are covering my payments until i get the car back but even still it’s ridiculous

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thats such a garbage situation. I would get out of your current agreement and get myself in a cx5 if you still want a mazda. Their platform has been solid for years. Best of luck

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 GS FWD, Snowflake White
660 Posts
I thought CD players died in cars years ago, can't see the point anymore. No CD players in North American models.

I use to own a Kia Soul and they removed the CD player on that model back in 2014 when they came out with the G2 version.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I thought CD players died in cars years ago, can't see the point anymore. No CD players in North American models.

I use to own a Kia Soul and they removed the CD player on that model back in 2014 when they came out with the G2 version.
Last one I had was in my 2016 Golf. It was hidden in the glove box as though VW was ashamed of it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts