Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Preferred Snowflake AWD
92 Posts
Does the car shut off when you open the door? I was told this is for "security" purposes.

I don't really see the utility in the remote start feature of the app as designed. IF...one could adjust the climate settings and whatnot from the app, AND I didn't have to restart the car when I actually got in it, then it would be pretty cool and serve its purposes as a true remote start.

May I ask why you remote start your car and for what reason? Not being a dick by asking, I'm more curious than anything...

·
Registered
CX30 2020 Premium Jet Black Mica
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Does the car shut off when you open the door? I was told this is for "security" purposes.

I don't really see the utility in the remote start feature of the app as designed. IF...one could adjust the climate settings and whatnot from the app, AND I didn't have to restart the car when I actually got in it, then it would be pretty cool and serve its purposes as a true remote start.

May I ask why you remote start your car and for what reason? Not being a dick by asking, I'm more curious than anything...
Yes the car shuts off for the reason you started. I live in SW Florida and use the AC nearly everyday. Today was just a test to see if I could start it from inside my work. The car did cool down a bit by the time I walked to it, about 2 minutes or so. After I got inside I opened the sunroof to help removing of the heat. It's a little disconcerting starting your car while you're not around...not even within viewing distance. I'm not sure if I'll use it all the time, but I do thinks it's useful under certain circumstances. Especially if you're in a cold environment.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I've used it couple times to auto-start on cold winter days. Some of the other features are only partially useful because they give you info about an issue but don't allow you to actually resolve it. Example - it tells me that I left the hatch open but doesn't allow me to close it remotely. Since I've received a lot of false alarms from the app, I don't go back to the car to check anymore. I do like the remote engine start though, and the tire pressure status.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I guess one thing you could do is, whatever you want the car to be when you remote start it, set it that way BEFORE you get out and that way it'll start getting to those settings??

·
Registered
Preferred FWD / Deep Crystal Blue Mica
73 Posts
As for me I love the app. I use the app to input my destination before my drive and it sends it to the navigation system, use it to find my car when needed ( getting old LOL ), check tire presser&etc. By the way there was a update for it yesterday if you have android.

MyMazda App Features
The helpful features of this app include:

Alerts for new offers, promotions and service coupons
Service History Information
Maintenance Schedules
Locate a Dealer & Schedule Service Online
Vehicle “How To” Information & Videos
Scan VIN barcode capability when registering a vehicle
Easy to use Mazda Roadside Assistance
Recall Information
Full Circle Service Inspection Results
Bluetooth® and MAZDA CONNECT™ support
Mazda Mobile Start
Inside Mazda
FAQ’s
Contact Mazda via chat, phone or email

·
Registered
92 Posts
I had no idea you could even do that!! How do you get it to look up an actual address vs a place?

·
Registered
73 Posts
I had no idea you could even do that!! How do you get it to look up an actual address vs a place?
On the MyMazda home screen, tap the Map icon in the upper right-hand corner of the screen• Tap the search bar to expand search options • Search by name, zip code or city, or allow location services to map your current location• A list of search results will be displayed. Then you have the option to send the address to the car.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I must be missing something. In the search bar you can't find anything by address or zip or anything remotely useful.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I must be missing something. In the search bar you can't find anything by address or zip or anything remotely useful.
Sorry I have only done names of places like companies, stores, malls, auto shops, car dealerships,not address. For address I use google maps.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts