Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Unfortunately my CX-30 was involved in an accident a few months after I got it, and I just got it back after weeks at a body shop. I noticed today, however, that there is a piece behind the grill that for some reason was painted white during the repair process. Does anyone know what this is (or what it is called), and whether or not it is something that can easily be replaced? Painted over to be black instead? It is right under the mazda logo (as pictured below) Obviously I can take it back to the shop to fix this, but I wanted to see if anyone had any insight here first

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2020 CX30 Touring, Vision, SnowflakeWhitePearl
20 Posts
Unfortunately my CX-30 was involved in an accident a few months after I got it, and I just got it back after weeks at a body shop. I noticed today, however, that there is a piece behind the grill that for some reason was painted white during the repair process. Does anyone know what this is (or what it is called), and whether or not it is something that can easily be replaced? Painted over to be black instead? It is right under the mazda logo (as pictured below) Obviously I can take it back to the shop to fix this, but I wanted to see if anyone had any insight here first

Thanks in advance!

View attachment 2436
I believe that is a support piece for the front bumper/grille, and is what the badge is mounted on. I have a white CX-30 and it is painted black, and a quick google shows the same for all other colours. See below:

I'd take it back if I were you and get them to repaint it black as it should be.

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 GT AWD - Machine Grey Metallic
159 Posts
My guess is they painted the entire bumper panel, including that brace, in white before adding on the black grill. They should have noted it looked extremely odd (and not like any other CX-30 in photos anywhere). I'm sure they'll repaint it for you, but that's more time lost for you.

·
Administrator
2020 CX-30 Skyactiv-X MHEV GT Sport Tech
677 Posts
@alxz310 - Welcome to CX30talk.com and sorry to hear about your accident. You can help us answer your query if you update your profile. It's all explained here. I have sent you in a private message explaining this too.

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 2.5 S PF AWD Red
50 Posts
Looks like a watch with half of the wrist band. Lol. On mine (red) that is blacked out

1 - 5 of 5 Posts