Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 Preferred
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I poked around the various settings for the Nav Map, found the lighting options for either daytime or nightime, but just now, really the first night driving I've done since installing the map sd card, the map stayed bright. The digital clock in the corner displayed 9:02pm, so the car 'should' have known it was dark. Is there another setting I am missing? oh, this is the Mazda map, not Android Auto's.

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 GS FWD, Snowflake White
660 Posts
it does not go off the time (wouldn't make sense as light conditions vary with the time of year and where you are located), it is a light sensor that triggers it. Mine shows dark mode when I first turn on the car in the garage but when I pull out it changes as soon as the stronger light hits the car.

Check your settings / In-vehicle Displays / Centre Display / Day-Night mode.

Reactions: DaveHenrie

·
Registered
AWD 2020 GT CX-30 ceramic coated
682 Posts
I poked around the various settings for the Nav Map, found the lighting options for either daytime or nightime, but just now, really the first night driving I've done since installing the map sd card, the map stayed bright. The digital clock in the corner displayed 9:02pm, so the car 'should' have known it was dark. Is there another setting I am missing? oh, this is the Mazda map, not Android Auto's.
Make sure your Dash cluster brightness isn't set to max... Otherwise it wont go into night mode ...

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 Preferred
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Actually it was my fault AND the combination of the last two posts. Last week, while messing with Android Auto, I came across a thread where the AA map was not following day to night either. I located the display setting that changed it manually and Then forgot where that display setting was. Last night, when I asked the question I had sat in a parking lot for 10 to 15 minutes trying to find that day-night mode, but under the Map settings, not the center console. So tonight, I first found the correct setting of AUTO under the Center display header. But I still had to dim the dash light 1 or 2 clicks to get the day/night mode to change. So thankyou to conweipic for the proper location, and thank you detailcarguy for the tip about the dash cluster brightness. !!!!

·
Registered
AWD 2020 GT CX-30 ceramic coated
682 Posts
Make sure your Dash cluster brightness isn't set to max... Otherwise it wont go into night mode ...
Actually it was my fault AND the combination of the last two posts. Last week, while messing with Android Auto, I came across a thread where the AA map was not following day to night either. I located the display setting that changed it manually and Then forgot where that display setting was. Last night, when I asked the question I had sat in a parking lot for 10 to 15 minutes trying to find that day-night mode, but under the Map settings, not the center console. So tonight, I first found the correct setting of AUTO under the Center display header. But I still had to dim the dash light 1 or 2 clicks to get the day/night mode to change. So thankyou to conweipic for the proper location, and thank you detailcarguy for the tip about the dash cluster brightness. !!!!
I learned about the cluster brightness last year when I took delivery of mine and found the infotainment and centre console blinding creating allot of glare at night. I as well couldn't figure bout why the night mode was not working.. dropped by my dealership a day later and they didn't even know why 😂 tried a software update and nothing.. I needed to use the washer fluid and boom there it was the dash brightness adjustment lol turned it done and boom now the map goes black at night and things work on night mode haha .

1 - 5 of 5 Posts